It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Dingo' in my midst

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
G’day ATS’ers,

I’m a newbie, don’t post yet. Like reading interesting stuff and commenting occasionally. Might be a lurker aye!

Anyways I’m an Aussie through and through, true blue, fair dinkum and my currency is ‘AustWal’. For those that know me I don’t ‘beat around the bush’. Love funny stories. I’m old, worked since 14 old. Shacked up now, retired with missus and kids. Result of working I guess. Happy, peaceful and ‘enjoying the dream’ on my dig. Not ‘flash’ by any means. Sure, I have some stories, and some unbelievable which I always kept to myself. Until recently – last Saturday evening 8.47pm Eastern Standard Time, Aus.
DISCLAIMER – There is no way this post reflects on ATS or any users. It’s a rant regarding a random event. The actual timing of the event below just happened while I was on ATS. Not serious by any means but needs some ‘airing of the linen’.

BACKGROUND – I have just recently opened myself up after reading posts about the ATS family. Generally I’ve kept quiet and to myself apart from some comments, I am shy of putting in a thread as you may read, my UFO thread was a dismal failure. Anyways I’m on ATS ‘chat’ last week relating to some experiences I’ve had after being asked to open up about. So I did. Some weird, unbelievable stuff to be sure. But I’ve worked in some strange places (with family) and hence my retirement. There is no reflection on those participating in the chat forum. So read the meaning of the following word but in the ‘Aussie’ vernacular.
“A Dingo” – means a coward. Back stabber. Thief. Stalker. Someone you cannot trust. Cunning, smart. Hard to define tracks. Walks flatfooted.
Invite them into your family they will systematically and psychopathically destroy it. And enjoy the consequences. Like a feather in their hat.

EVENT – As indicated I was happily chatting on ATS on Saturday evening. Going over some stuff I’ve experienced. Where I live there is no mobile phone reception. Following afternoon – Sunday – I went fishing about an hour drive to the coast where there is reception. 4pm. I read a text message apparently sent at 8.47pm the evening before. Message said, “Your f****d”. There was a number. I rang and got the standard message response about the caller being unavailable. I sent a reply text. Rang a couple of times and nothing. Upon returning home I rang on the land line and same response from the recorded voice. “Unavailable”.
The mobile phone, outside the landline and this computer, is our only means of communication away from home.

RANT – Finally.

Okay ignore it?..... No,,, to hell with that! How many more people have suffered a similar text or call from a “DINGO”. Sure I have a flaming call number but it seems it’s a “throwaway” number. Apparently Aussie. Its contracted from an Aus Telecommunications Agency.
Now there are those who may think it perhaps was a random mistake...Sure, it happens,,,but with mistakes you can often find the caller. Not in this case. Must’ve been a Dingo lol.
I hate Dingo’s. This coward needs to answer his flaming phone and tell me to my face why he/she texted the message or ring me on the landline. If apologised to, I’m a softy and will accept the apology.
Anyone on ATS know how to trace mobile numbers ?

Cheers and beers, Bally

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Not sure know how I know it can be done .. let me go check the android dev forum I go to and see what they have there on it ..

As to the dingo .. feed it to the dingos then fire up the barbie and grab a beer ..

More important did ya catch any fish ? Heard is good fishing there ...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Cheers E888,

Don't like dingo's at the BBQ lol. Steal the meat. Android Dev. Appreciate it. Would love to front this guy/gal.

Fishing! Disaster mate. Drove the beach from Minnie Water to Sanden River. Stopped for a mate in the landcrusier. Bogged. Tide coming in. Tragically a Nissan pulled me out before the sea sucked the troopy into DJ's locker.

Alls well.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I do not know about the actual method of tracking a phone, although I understand the principles involved, however, it is possible that the person who sent this message purchased a cheap, pay as you go phone, for the purpose of making this communication, and has subsequently dumped the phone. The practice of using a cheap phone as a once only communications medium, is known as "using a burner phone".

Essentially it dead ends the trace, because the user can destroy the phone or the sim inside it, making it impossible to track, unlike messages sent from a contract mobile, which can be followed by electronic tracking back to a source, by things like payment methods and so on, and that source an in turn be tracked by GPRS enabled functions of the device, and by triangulation when it is activated, if the GPRS is disabled.

As to how to actually make this happen? I have not a bloody clue. I am a technophobe, I just know what is possible, rather than how to actually achieve it!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Back .. it got bit confusing on the dev forum .. but did locate another possible way to do it sent you pm.

Ouch .. though does sound fun all the same a day out beats being cooped up at home anytime .. hope they bite next time .. what all you catch there ?

Can always barbecue dingo .. marinade first .. now getting hungry gonna have to get up from my hammock go in an grab a beer and snack now ..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Cheers and beers TB. I understand the throw away phone. Just thought that to purchase a SIM and connect you may need some ID. Thanks for your reply. PS I'm drinking KilKenny.

More I drink. More I want that Dingo,

Regards to you and yours across the oceans,

Bally

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Thankyou kindly. As indicated to TrueBrit I'd love to BBQ this Dingo and post the number/name

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Fish? Caught nothing. Cold? Yep caught that.

Cheers, while yer up from the hammock please grab me another beer. I drink any sort.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

G,day cobs. mate not bloody good not good at all.
hope Expat can see you right with the needed info.
you called it right nothing lower than a dingo
go out in the paddock and shoot something.
if you cant do that go swing the axe for a while
get rid of some of the built up anger and fustration
for any non aussie's reading this to call a bloke a dingo is to invoke WW3
this kind of bloke is that low they would have to reach up to scrath a snake on the belly
hang in there navy. pronts

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

On the subject of purchasing a pay as you go phone, I have purchased one before with no identification what so ever, for cash. I use a pay as you go phone because I spend less than five pounds a month on texts and calls, not because they are cheap, but because I rarely require to do so, and I am not totally addicted to the internet to the point of requiring access twenty four seven, so I do not own a smart phone.

I have a dumb phone, which I purchased for ten pounds, and initially topped up with a ten pound voucher on the day, for a total of twenty quid. I however, have had the same number for a considerable time, and have transferred my data from outgoing to incoming handsets, when ever my old one gives up the ghost. I do not dingo peoples phones. That would make me, a fantastic, incredible douchenozzle.

Speaking of beer, all I can say is, you lucky devil! I am at work at present, and due to the proximity of high speed cutting machinery, I think it best to lay off the psychotropic liquids until after work

Here's to you on the other side of the planet! I hope your "dingo" chokes on a bone from a rustled sheep.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Got meself some beers. Chucked a wobbly with the axe like you suggested and sittin back in front of the fire warmed by the fruit of me labours.

Alls good. Like the Rant. Got it off me chest and had some healthy responses from the allies.

Cheers again digger from the pusser.

Bally
edit on 9-6-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thankyou sir for your thoughtful reply.

I'm now drinking Tooheys. Which I can all day and night because....yeah because. I appreciate you are working and will down another quick amber ale in a toast to your thoroughness. Which means, inadventently I have to leave my cosy confines in front of the fire place. However, my cunning plan is to get an esky and place a doz or so ice colds of no particular persuasion within its confines amongst some rain water ice cubes. I will set this near my comfy chair while I undertake Expat888's suggestion in locating the 'dingo'

I love the sound of the esky rustling, pfft of bottle caps, keys tapping and fire crackling.

Kind regards to you

bally of the overflow

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Drinking asahi here .. gotta stock up again next trip downriver .. been awhile since had a good australian beer ..

*tosses beers to all * if was there would shout a few rounds for everyone ..

Hope the info helps .. doing bit more digging on the dev forum to see if find more and threadsurfing here ..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Thanks EP83,

Appreciate the help. Might send you some dingo jerky if I get hold of the dog.

edit on 9-6-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Send him a text back: "Great, thanks! Your place or mine?"
Mess with his head.

Seriously though, that's not good. Does your own phone provider have a policy about malicious callers? Sometimes they can track people for you.
Good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks,

I'd love to reply like that but I'm waiting for this 'dingo' to show its true colours.

Great response.

Cheers to Scotland,

Bally

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

As far as the unknown phone numbers go, ive been recently receiving a couple blank texts...from number unknown.
Does not show the number, and I cant reply or call.
Its really weird...and concerning actually.

In regards to your sitcho, I would say it could be a wrong number ordeal. Its possible the sender has realized, but doesn't want to talk to u and explain that it was.
Or possibly a mate playing games...
The "Your f**ked" is interesting though...

I wouldnt worry to much unless u have pissed someone off real bad close to home.
Going to be hard to track though esp in our country.

edit on 9-6-2014 by crazyaussi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by crazyaussi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
mate im Australian and I have no idea what the # you are talking about

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Sorry for that. Got a nasty text. Trying to sort the number.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyaussi

True,

I have the number. When I ring the number I get a message that the person is not available. Can't think of anyone I've
pee'd off but if that was the case at least they'd front me or answer the calls.

Thanks,

bally

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join