It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Texas Judge Who Beat Daughter loses Seat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

why isn't this a hole in prison ?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

i think all you chicken s h i ts out ther need to realize there is no fixing stupid and mean. Kill em' and move on. It's better for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes, there is an inequality to this. Not arguing that in the least, trust me.

However, there is a bit of justice in that this man, who has, as I said, a god-complex; losing his job. Actually, to him it's probably more than just a job...

Should he be in jail? Absolutely, he should be. There is an inequality in the American justice system that has been around for as long as there has been an America. Longer than that, actually. Money, and position, speak very loudly. But, occasionally, just occasionally, the American people decide to handle it themselves.

His wife has left him. His daughter, too. As they should have. His reputation is destroyed...and nothing precludes him from facing charges at a later date. Statute of limitations permitting.

Sometimes justice is done, even if it's not what you, or I, might want to see.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh my god humanity has gotten soft, weak, and fluffy. I dont condone outright beating a kid, but if my son acts up, and I have to speak more than three times, he sure nuff gets a good firm swat. "You shouldnt whip your kids"...mind your own business. These same people who dont discipline their kids end up with young adults who think they can do whatever they want without consequences. And nobody can tell me im wrong cause ive seen it with my own eyes. What this man did was wrong, dont get me wrong. It was taken too far.

It strikes me as funny that alot of people who say dont spank your kids dont have children, or have children and instead of being parents are trying to be friends. Youre NOT their friends people, you ARE their parents.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

There's a difference between a swat on the butt, which I have no problem with, and what this asshat did.

There's a line between correction, and vindictive abuse.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I find the concept of electing judges absolutely bizarre.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Some are, some aren't.

Local judges are, state supreme court justices are. Other than those, I believe that the rest are political appointees. I prefer electing them, myself.

that way they can be removed much more easily.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

why isn't this a hole in prison ?

Because the statute of limitations ran out after 5 years and the state didn't prosecute, even though they knew a crime had been committed. His daughter recorded the incident and held onto the video for over 5 years, but it makes me wonder how many more of them she actually recorded.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JudgeEden

www.nospank.net...

In addition to this article there are citations at the bottom in reference to further reading.

All you really have to do is Google "Sexual abuse/spanking" and scroll and various professional articles will come up. I also included another link in an above post.

www.whale.to...

While that's great that the butt isn't erogenous for you...and therefore you have been immunized to spanking weirdness... It IS erogenous for many people. There are many nerve endings in and around that particular area of the body.

Again it is an area of the body that to me should not be violated(even by a parent). There are areas of the body children need to understand belong solely to them(actually ALL of their body but ESPECIALLY anything near the genitals). I don't understand why people don't agree with that. It's bizarre.

Either way the information is out there. I have provided some links. If you truly want to research it, it is a simple Google away. This will be my last response to you.
edit on 9-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: smurfy

Yes, there is an inequality to this. Not arguing that in the least, trust me.
Should he be in jail? Absolutely, he should be. There is an inequality in the American justice system that has been around for as long as there has been an America. Longer than that, actually. Money, and position, speak very loudly. But, occasionally, just occasionally, the American people decide to handle it themselves.

Sometimes justice is done, even if it's not what you, or I, might want to see.

It's the same near everywhere seagull,
England IS a class system, though nothing like what it used to be, here in Ireland, North or South is supposed to be like the US, a classless system, but it's really not, money talks too, although most of the ordinary people here are pretty decent.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join