It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of The Stupidest Things I've Ever Done.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was walking through a patch of woodland in Edinburgh when I came across a tall security fence, beyond was an enticing green field.

With the arrogance of youth I thought, "No fence is going to stop me from enjoying a walk across that field". I climbed up a tree and used an overhanging branch to cross the fence, dropping down on the other side.

Feeling pleased with myself I started out across the field, gazing at the view unfolding before me. That's when I noticed two very large animals. I'd climbed into the camel enclosure of Edinburgh Zoo.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
ha ha, that's so funny, thankyou!
It looks like people were filming you on your way.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This would have been epic had it been Wednesday...

How did you get out? Inquiring minds want to know.
edit on 6/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ha ha ha...very funny. Bet your glad it wasn't the lion enclosure
a reply to: Kester

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
ha ha, that's so funny, thankyou!
It looks like people were filming you on your way.

pmsl

He would be better off walking up the hill backwards seeing as he can only go that direction

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

My ability to jump up to an overhanging branch was increased proportionate to my feeling of acute discomfort. I don't know how mean a camel can be to an intruder and I didn't wait to find out.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Very glad.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've woken in a strangers back yard being licked in the face by two pit bulls and a mastiff. Tequila is a hell of a drug.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Literally lol... I can understand that. Extreme fear can bring on some Olympic level skills at times.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Great adventure to talk abou later.

But should have gone to specsavers

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
OP and first commentator had me laughing my ass off.a reply to: Kester

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

"No fence is going to stop me from enjoying a walk across that field" MADE MY NIGHT!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Wow...

Inquisitive+5
Agility+6
Navigation-5
Sense-5

So, you decided to let your inner cat decide for you eh? That has its risks! I am glad that you did not end up in the enclosure of a more aggressive animal, like lion, a tiger, or the like. With camels, the main issue is the spit. Looking before one leaps is all very well, but in addition, wisdom before the leap is also a plus!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hahahha

The grass is always greener..... in the camel enclosure. Or something like that

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Lol, ya dag! Very lucky they didn't hump you!

It very much reminded me of Boigie2988's joke about the guy with a zoo.

It surely has to be the longest joke of all time, but stay with it!

edit on 7-6-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"Agility +6" I have to say I was 18 at the time. Now when my children want to hide something from me they put it on a high shelf.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I guess they have to ensure there are no overhanging branches?

Well, glad to hear you made it out of that scenario in good enough order to sire children! Well played!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I haven't been back to look but I hope security is a bit tighter these days.

The whole story is this.

First I came across a quarry with a 'secret' doorway. I was told later it was an RSG, Regional Seat of Governance, a nuclear fallout shelter for politicians. You can find it by looking for Edinburgh Zoo on google maps then go north to the A90. Apparently the people of Edinburgh were a little annoyed about the politicians getting a fallout shelter when all they got was a leaflet telling them to hide in the cupboard under the stairs. Typical Edinburghians, always whinging about something.

A friend told me the TV programme Ready, Steady, Go! en.wikipedia.org...! was purely to distract the masses from the relevant meaning of RSG.

The fence around the RSG was falling apart, I easily crossed it to see aerials sticking out of the ground and other oddities. On leaving the RSG I walked along the perimeter fence and came to a gate. This haunts me to the present day. A security guard came rushing up to the gate and stared at me from a few feet away like a mute rottweiler.
I accidentally clicked on that emoticon but I'll leave it there. Further on, looking for a quiet spot to sit down, I found a circular rock. While sitting on this 'rock' looking at the view I realised it wasn't a rock but a circular concrete plug, presumably covering an escape hole from the bunker.

I wasn't the happiest of bunnies when I came across the camels fence and I allowed my mood to control my actions.

I crossed the boundary.

Escaping un-spat-upon and un-camel-stomped I lived to tell my tale.
edit on 7 6 2014 by Kester because: dash

edit on 7 6 2014 by Kester because: lower case

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

"Agility +6" I have to say I was 18 at the time. Now when my children want to hide something from me they put it on a high shelf.

Or maybe a jar labeld camels only?
h wait no, that wont stop you!!!

edit on b29291133 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Stupidest thing I've ever done .... On the big island of Hawaii, my husband and I went walking on new lava flows, even though there was a huge sign saying 'stay off the lava flows'. Tons of tourists were out on them. They were new and black and VERY HOT ... and underneath the hard crust the insides were still red flowing lava. We could feel the heat coming up through our sneakers. That was 25 years ago. We survived (but should have been given the Darwin Award with all the other tourists out there)

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join