It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity wussying out since the Cold war, reasons why some mythical creature remains a myth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Where do I begin? A lot of mythical creature are proven to be real, there have been many videos and leaks. Even the local vilages seen them but they lack technology to record. No one seems to want to go closer and search since the Spanish found America during the Colonial Age. Neither do they stay and wait. Most TVshows about those mythical creature, they never take their time to wait. They usually stay for a day or two. Also they are not searching during a season when they are more than likely to be spotted.

Nessie is real, everyone always either run from it and it is smart enough to stay out of contact.

Bigfoot also real, has video many proof. Many wuss out from going closer, but the proof is there. also smart enough to stay away from us. It is more afriad of us than we afraid of them because we have cities, bigfoot do not.

Mongolian Death Worm One of the most dangerous species of all. Why do you think the Gobi is a Desert? Why does it rain in the desert? Where did all the water go? Of course its possible feeding time. I saw a video of some guy searching during winter, pretty dumb to be honest, it is
not a winter worm.
Reason why it exists, the villagers have seen it and spread the information. No video proof because everyone who tried searching for it either was eaten or not during the right season. It is obviously smart enough to stay away from vehicles such as cars. Back then mongolians ride horses and camels, that would be seen as food. but, car mak3s an obvious Noise to scare it away. If you are going to hunt a creature like this, suggest to bring a sword, shield and something to protect from electricity due to the myths.
edit on 7-6-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OK, here we go....

Nessie - Sure, there have bee a couple pictures posted online, and people saying they have seen it. Now, take into consideration that the first Nessie photo was a fake. If what started the whole idea of Nessie was a fake, do you actually expect it to be real?

Bigfoot - This is the one that I can partially agree with. There have been enough sightings and photo's/videos that this one could be true. COULD be true. With the likes of survivorman looking for them, sure, why not.

Mongolian Death Worm - FFS. SO, you mean to tell me that every person who has gone out looking for one of these hasn't seen one, and there is not even a piece of evidence anywhere to support this other than some word of mouth testimonies, and you say its a fact? Pics or it didn't happen.

The above is just my .02.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
WOW.........popcorn and beer , smokes, gonna enjoy the replys on this thread.......LMAO

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Mongolian Death Worm

Never heard of the Mongolian death worm, worth a look.

I dont think I would say any are proven, I believe the first two exist, but proven.

As for the MDW, that sounds interesting.

Where I come from there was a local aboriginal myth about a serpent in the river, I have met people who had sighted it.
A 10 metre long eal type creature as round as a football. Most didnt believe in it, thought it was a joke.
One did wash up on a local beach a few years ago.
Interesting

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eyeinoz

Seriously though..

Loch Ness Monster I can't take seriously after all this time, and the amount of actual legitimate attempts to prove its existence.

Bigfoot holds a bit more credibility in my opinion but not because of tons of wishful "evidence" like hairs, footprints, and video.

Never heard of the Mongolian Death Worm. My guess is, if you walk without rhythm you won't attract it. He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Sandworm

I just want to add that just because something has thousands of people backing the idea, making eye witness claims etc. doesn't mean it's true at all. It doesn't mean it's fake either ofc. It's better to be an open minded skeptic than an open minded believer imo. Unless you've witnessed first hand it's hard to know.
edit on 7-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Now, take into consideration that the first Nessie photo was a fake. If what started the whole idea of Nessie was a fake, do you actually expect it to be real? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

so based on that assumption landing on the moon wasn't real either since the first landing was faked ?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So this non winter worm drank all the water that fell from the sky, and good old evaporation played no part.

ATS has really raised my IQ today, thanks for enlightening me.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I love the ideal that some sort of mythical creatures exists but the evidence is few and far between especially with the amount of fakes about

I reckon the Bigfoot myth could be proved with it being feral humans

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: andr3w68

Now, take into consideration that the first Nessie photo was a fake. If what started the whole idea of Nessie was a fake, do you actually expect it to be real? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

so based on that assumption landing on the moon wasn't real either since the first landing was faked ?

What?
So because the first photo was a fake its all fake.
What about all the sightings before the first photo in 1933

www.nessie.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
OK, here we go....

Nessie - Sure, there have bee a couple pictures posted online, and people saying they have seen it. Now, take into consideration that the first Nessie photo was a fake. If what started the whole idea of Nessie was a fake, do you actually expect it to be real?

let me stop you right there. If you do your research you will find that Nessie wasn't invented when the Surgeon photograph was faked, sightings of her have been going on a lot longer than that. There's as much chance of Nessie being real as the other two...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

OP I agree with you on bigfoot. Cannot speak for the other two - however I like your post I believe you are right in that people are much too closed minded these days, the 'pics or it didn't happen' attitude does not help and it'd be great if more scientists in the world actually went about discovering the unknown. Instead of rehashing the known over and over...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What is interesting about all three of those beings is its history.

Each one has a history woven into it by the peoples of those lands.
There may be some truth to these beings.

Nessie an the Mongolian Deathworm are about the same for me, but Mokele Mbembe fron Africa likey tops those two, with Bigfoot leading the way.

We like to think we have conquered the lands which leads us to arrogantly presume Bigfoot doesn't exist, but for a being who has been around the block for a LONG time would stand to reason that it would be intelligent an knows its routes in an out.

I vote Yes on BF.

I like to think Nessie is some kind if Eel we have yet to discover.

Maybe the Mongolian Deathworm is some sort of land based electric eel/snake, undiscovered of course.

Mokele Mbembe of Africa may be some sort of Hippo or Elephant of some unknown variant with a longer than usual neck, hench a long neck saurid.

Good thread, S&F
edit on 7-6-2014 by Arnie123 because: add

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I am an avid follower of cryptids and discoveries in the field. I personally do not believe in the MDW, it just seems too "Tremors" for me.

Nessie I fully believe exists, or existed. I believe nessie has passed and that there no longer is a cryptid in the loch ness. You can see that sightings have gone way down over the past 20 years or so and there are many experts that believe that nessie is indeed dead. There have been a multitude of explorations in search of her and none have yielded anything definative. Personally I would love to hire a fleet of ships with divers, sonar and a large net to scan the lake all the way accross from one end to the other.

Now Bigfoot, sasquatch, yeren, skunk ape, yeti, yowie, grassman, hibagon, tsul'kalu all exist. I LOVE bigfoot and fully believe that they exist. These creatures have been filmed, seen, heard, communicated with and even had dna taken. They exist, we just seem to have problems trying to get information/evidence.

Now if you ask me what creature we SHOULD be looking for I would reply Skinwalker. I fully believe that there is something in the woods that turns a hunter into the hunted. I have seen deer tracks fade into wolf tracks and wolf tracks that mangle into the tracks of a human. I have seen creatures that were fearless and that could take a shot from my 30-30 without even flinching. These are the things that scare me and make me cower in fear. Skinwalkers. (not to be associated with skinwalker ranch).

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

Well, it is obvious why the MDW still haven't been caught in camera. If the locals in Asia had access to more cameras like the west they would be able to catch it on tape like the Nessie. It is a lot hard to find underground creatures than underwater creature. You have to be thinking about accessibility. Most of the desert is uninhabited unlike the lakes for Nessie. So you would less likely to get any videos of it.

The people doing documentary most likely have to find it dangerously by moving out of the local village to find it.

cryptidz.wikia.com...

Also no, this isn't a Tremors/Dune Worm. If it was, it would be eating the villagers. Think of it more like a trapper feeding on camels that run about in deserts.

This used to be a myth, Giant anaconda, but it was found.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't know about all of the animals you've listed, but I know bigfoot is real. The fact that some people do not attempt to get closer really makes no difference at all, because it is not like the animal will stand there and let someone approach it. And it can move a lot faster than we can, especially through thick foliage. If it wants to it can bulldoze through it, although usually it does not seem to do this unless being pursued quite closely by dogs or something. Having had an encounter and studied the available reports and conducted interviews on occasion, I really do not think bigfoot are actually scared of people. They just avoid us, for whatever reason. I have my own hypothesis regarding this, and I've probably shared it in one post or another, on this site or on a bigfoot site.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

There would be more evidence of the MDW if it really existed. We have no video, no pictures and the testimony of superstitious locals. There are locals in africa who claim that there is a one eyed bat creature that kills people. In that case it is a well known fact that the bat creature accounts rise around election time. It is a political ploy to get certain people elected, but the locals are CONVINCED that it exists.

On the subject of the anaconda it isnt hard to believe that there is a 26 foot one. For hundreds of years locals have claimed to have seen large ones, sometimes 50-100 feet. The difference here is that the anaconda is a previously confirmed animal, we know it exists. Furthermore snakes will continue to grow as long as their environment can support the size, so as long as the snake is safe and has food it will grow to be large.

I am usually the first person to hop on the "this cryptid is totally real guise" train but in this case i am less than convinced.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Bigfoot , I beleive exists, Nessie, I wish it did....but really unsure on that one though!

Mongolian Death Worm.....Really!?! REALLY!!!!!! dont get me wrong, I liked the Tremors movies in the 80s,90s, but to claim they are real!!!! Not a chance in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why not mention these too?

Drop Bears - they are never seen until it's too late and you're all like splat. Avoid Oz and you're good though.

Spud Midgets - I've seen them countless times at the periphery of my vision - mostly in my twenties after a hard weekend's raving. The closer i eventually get to sleep, the more infernal their barely audible giggling becomes. They would appear in droves after Super-Doves and Double-Cali's, though they rarely showed on Brown-Biscuit weekends.

Generous Scotsmen - The rumour got passed around town like the clap on a boozy bank-holiday. The story goes that he put 5p change in the charity box at the Londis on the Dudley Road but i'm sceptical.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I don't know about all of the animals you've listed, but I know bigfoot is real. The fact that some people do not attempt to get closer really makes no difference at all, because it is not like the animal will stand there and let someone approach it. And it can move a lot faster than we can, especially through thick foliage. If it wants to it can bulldoze through it, although usually it does not seem to do this unless being pursued quite closely by dogs or something. Having had an encounter and studied the available reports and conducted interviews on occasion, I really do not think bigfoot are actually scared of people. They just avoid us, for whatever reason. I have my own hypothesis regarding this, and I've probably shared it in one post or another, on this site or on a bigfoot site.

The mere fact that soo many people saw it can proove it's existence. But we don't know if it's an animal, an alien or something else. I really doubt it`s a normal animal, since no one ever found physical evidence of it.

Many of these animals aren't even seen anymore. Probably dead by now.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join