It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting over Rome, Italy. Witnessed by many.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma The balloon theory doesn't work when the first shots show three objects in a perfect equilateral triangle...

As InhaleExhale pointed out, equilateral triangles can be quite terrestrial. You can make one using a compass. But more importantly, they didn't form a perfect equilateral triangle. Pause the video and actually measure the distances against each other- they don't match.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Good video, in that it looks legit and isn't easily identified. The technique... not so great... but we can't all be cinematographers.

The balloon theory doesn't work when the first shots show three objects in a perfect equilateral triangle...

A perfect equilateral triangle? Sorry but anyone with a ruler and a protractor can see that that is nonsense.

Any three objects, unless they are in a straight line, will form the corners of a triangle. This one isn't even close to being equilateral.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

If your going to deny ignorance please do not encourage stupidity...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Okay, guys...I'm italian and, first of all: they sound fake. Either fake or just fanatic, because: If you look at the caption of the video, it says they are at an ufo convention!

"First UFO CONVENTION ORGANIZED BY Danilo Losz and Massimiliano Buttarelli of the Roman Skywatcher Group."

uhm...seems convenient.
edit on 10-6-2014 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2014 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I like the triangle structure at the start.
To me it looks like a genuine UFO. No one can identify it(them).
Case will remain open for an eternity.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

I retract my equilateral triangle impression... great work, as usual, Rob... but perhaps it was the angle and to someone .4 km's away it was perfect? Heh.

But near the end of the video, where an object was caught near a building in frame for decent reference... was it moving in an odd manner? The movement of the camera makes it hard to see clearly on a small screen.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

I retract my equilateral triangle impression... great work, as usual, Rob... but perhaps it was the angle and to someone .4 km's away it was perfect? Heh.

But near the end of the video, where an object was caught near a building in frame for decent reference... was it moving in an odd manner? The movement of the camera makes it hard to see clearly on a small screen.

Around the 6:00 - 6:15 mark? Looks like the camera moving, which makes the edge of the roof (relatively near the camera) appear to move in relation to the distant object.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
At 3.40, the people hardly react when it flies so close. Looks like a CGI hover drone.

I was just wondering what kind of reaction would be needed? Would they need to run and yell invasion? Maybe pull a side arm and start shooting? I would assume most people are not going to have a frantic reaction as they have been exposed to enough out of this world imagery to tolerate them for such an event.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
have u read my post, guys? first ufo conference? what are the odds? COME ON.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wonder if I go outside and film white balloons, how long that post would stay active here.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

perhaps it was the angle and to someone .4 km's away it was perfect? Heh.

Of course the perspective of the viewer will affect what the triangle looks like, which begs the question: can we say that 3 far-away lights in the sky are an equilateral triangle, without the possibility that a non-equilateral triangle of lights is appearing equilateral from a terrestrial perspective? There's an equilateral triangle that appears in the night stars in the Northern Hemisphere, but only because of our Earthly perspective.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RationalDespair
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Nice footage indeed.

It's a rock.
It's lens flare.
It's cosmic rays hitting the camera.
It's dead pixels

Okay, so we have that out before the cavalry arrives.

Seriously though, interesting shots. At some points it looked like three of those "dots" were part of a much larger triangular whole.

WOW three dots make a triangle they could only make 2 shapes a straight line or a triangle!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
"oh hey - there's some UFOs outside!"

"quick - give the camera to the house-epileptic"

Standard for ufo video extreme zoom no tripod on autofocus so when anything crosses the field of view the camera tries to focus on that (the buildings in the video)

The best thing that could possibly happen at one of these events is for someone who actually knows how to use a camera filming/taking pictures at the same event as your typical ufo spotter then to watch or look at video/pictures side by side I think some of the ufo claimants on this thread would be shocked!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I can translate. "Look how high our balloons are getting!"

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join