It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh yes, acknowledging that gay and lesbian students exist and shouldn't be bullied is what has put the US behind in every educational category.

Interesting that science is left off the list given above, isn't it? Yeah, those crazy physicists, chemists and biologists ... all set aside so we can cater to the gays ...

I guess creationism, climate change denial and associated other associated junk sciences commonly espoused by Christian home-schoolers is going to put US back on the world map, right?

What a load o' $%#@!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well I suppose you think purposely offending people and being obnoxious is that much better?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This story is four years old.

And it began because a lesbian student in the district was being harassed for her sexual orientation by staff and faculty at her school.

The staff and faculty!

I don't care what you think about the LGBT community. No kid should be harassed by her teachers. There was some harassment from students. But most of it was from the staff and faculty.

It seems to me that the district got off easy. The staff, faculty and students just have to watch some films.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Ok, you know what else exists?

Murder.
Pedophilia.
Rape.
Beastiality.

Why are we stopping at LGBTQ then and why is it age appropriate?

Maybe a more sane approach would be to not single out anybody. If were gonna bring LGBTQ to the table age inappropriately why not open the table to all that stuff too.

Unless of course that stuff is acceptable to you, you seem pretty open minded.

Well, since no sane person would equate anti-bullying education with murder, pedophilia, rape or bestiality ... I'd say your point is utterly moot. Swing and a miss, big time.

If they're old enough to understand Valentine's Day, they're old enough to understand that some boys like other boys, some girls like other girls, some like both, and some don't feel that our definitions of gender are right.

Are you also lobbying to take away Valentine's Day? Is that also sex education propaganda?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Yes but this is not just happened in 2010 it is happening all over America NOW.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well I suppose you think purposely offending people and being obnoxious is that much better?

I don't know ... why would you try to equate anti-bullying efforts with capital crimes?

That clearly offends people and qualifies as being obnoxious. Answer your own question.

edit on 20Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:18:51 -050014p082014666 by Gryphon66 because: corrected would to with.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
People's personal sexual fetishes shouldn't be taught as school curriculum to children...

So you think being gay is a personal sexual fetish?
Do you understand what a fetish is?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No, I think you have a reading comprehension problem. This is not "sex education" it is tolerance education and was subverted from sex education as a way to force it on elementary school students. Some like myself at that young age probably think that everyone has a penis.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yes well in your world they do. In my mind they are thought crimes that don't exist.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: whyamIhere

So don't teach your kids that not everyone is like you?
People are gay, get over it
And what is your class and race that you want protected.

How about I teach my child when I feel they will understand it.

I don't care who is Gay...I care my child be taught this issue when ready.

I promise not to teach your child anything about sex or other social choices.

Can I have the same courtesy ?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

So just cause your parents didn't tell you that not every one is the same, that means this is bad???

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yes but this is not just happened in 2010 it is happening all over America NOW.

The OP is talking about something that happened four years ago in one district in California. And he failed to explain why.

I was adding that information.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yackety-yack. Who cares what your opinion is of me?

As to --

This is not "sex education" it is tolerance education and was subverted from sex education as a way to force it on elementary school students. Some like myself at that young age probably think that everyone has a penis.

1. The parents in your article are claiming that these course are sex education and that they should have a say in it. Did you read your own article?

2. Again, what's wrong with teaching kids about tolerance? Some of them are gay, some straight, some bi ... even though they probably only understand what those things mean in a general sense (like giving Valentines) this is a simple reality. I'm not sure why you didn't understand the difference between boys and girls at whatever young age, but I think most kids today do.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

no worries I get your point

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Meaningless. You don't know anything about "my world" and have no standing to comment on it.

Murder is a thought crime? Well, okay ... you seem to be wandering a bit off topic ... how does this relate to the OP in your mind again?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

And you would always have the choice to take your kid out of the class.
I bet the parents got a hand out of what was going to be taught. It is public schools, you are not going to agree with everything that gets taught.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

theres nothing wrong with teaching tolerance. But in this case they are singling out certain groups and forcing the issue on children who have probably never even thought about.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

theres nothing wrong with teaching tolerance. But in this case they are singling out certain groups and forcing the issue on children who have probably never even thought about.

You're just contradicting yourself now ... how would tolerance for others be taught without teaching them that others are different in some ways?

Again, we let kindergarteners and first graders give Valentines ... which is a basic concept of special interest in others ... without going into or ever broaching awareness of the realities of "who puts what where."

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
I don't want to be that, so please stop trying to initiate social policies that will force me into that role. -

Then practice what you preach. There are a$$es all over that don't represent political parties but happen to belong to them. There are also good and bad ideas on both sides of the isle. But this is nothing more than propaganda. And 4-5 year old are way to young to understand. They're still trying to figure out how to draw stick figures and do jigsaw puzzles.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No your contradicting yourself. I never said anything about Valentines day.

Speaking of tolerance. Im willing to bet that you are only tolerant of those who share your politically correct values. Well I don't and I never will, so get over it. There is nothing you can ever do to "fix" or change me. So just get over it..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join