It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic Cultures: Were They Influenced by an Advanced and Forgotten Civilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

You are correct, we may only be able to conjecture unless tales of the smithsonian dumping evidence into deep water can be corroborated but there is ample anecdotal evidance of a shared culture or civilization having inspired these disparate cultures and of course the simiarity's in many cases are too similar to have arisen simply by chance though given a problem the same answer can be arrived at independantly, however with that last statement there are many different way's of building a wall and many different way's of showing symbology and these are too similar for chance, once, twice, thrice maybe but not with the frequency of repetitions of the same answers as that would be statistically improbable even if taking the convergane view so Yes there must have been some link.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod

I think the most obvious answer is that a pyramid is the simplest and most stable way to built a high structure. Convergent design.

Another obvious answer is that pyramids are overall among the most sustainable structures in the world. In the documentary Life After People, scientists assume that after some 10,000+ years without maintenance and after unprotected exposure of cities & buildings to natural forces, the (egyptian) pyramids would probably be the last visible remnants of our society. The timeframe may be debatable, but the implications of such thoughts are baffling.

The same is true for megalithic stone walls (especially the polygonal ones). Built to last, and not so simple to construct. We actually have no idea how it was done, even today. IMO a whole lot of questions are still open and I have yet to come across a satisfactory explanation for some of these similarities.
edit on 6-6-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
According to official archaeological standpoints, there is of course no link or common ancestry that somehow connects our early megalithic cultures. But is that really true or has something been overlooked? The reason why I ask are the obvious similarities between some of the early cultures in human history, notably those of the pre-incan and ancient egyptian cultures. Could there have been some kind of advanced progenitor civilization that influenced some of our earliest known ancient societies?

A progenitor civilization.....abso-freaken-lutely.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I don't have much to add, but just an acknowledgement that your knob-stone theory is quite interesting and possibly unique in the literature (experts needed). The "around cornerstones" gave the stone-cutters nightmares (and overtime).

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

You are correct, we may only be able to conjecture unless tales of the smithsonian dumping evidence into deep water can be corroborated but there is ample anecdotal evidance of a shared culture or civilization having inspired these disparate cultures and of course the simiarity's in many cases are too similar to have arisen simply by chance though given a problem the same answer can be arrived at independantly, however with that last statement there are many different way's of building a wall and many different way's of showing symbology and these are too similar for chance, once, twice, thrice maybe but not with the frequency of repetitions of the same answers as that would be statistically improbable even if taking the convergane view so Yes there must have been some link.

Yes and wall building and pyramid similarities are only the very obvious and clear question. When one digs deep into the pyramid philosophy, if you will, it becomes even more obvious. Going beyond that into cultural religious icons, their meanings, use ect the evidence just snowballs exponentially

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am in complete agreement. It makes too much sense. I'm really not sure why they don't focus more heavily in areas just off the coast. I understand we have a lot of coastline, but if you start near coastlines that are near already known ancient civilizations then work your way towards other civilizations, you could narrow your areas down.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

A progenitor civilization.....abso-freaken-lutely.

Mmmm yes. In Africa

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

The problem with Africa is that there just isn't enough antecedent evidence. Now Mesopotamia is another story.

And this migration map is just a hoot! Note if you will that the arrows indicate that the only possible sea travel was south east Asia/Australia/south west pacific. I mean by god they must account for Africans in New Guinea...so they have the Africans sailing to India and then beyond but everybody else walked. And does that indicate 100,000 years BC? But the Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans. Portuguese hardly made it out of the Med until 500 BC? And then they never sailed the open sea but were a bunch of coast hugging chicken Sh*ts?

edit on 6-6-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Your knob-stone theory is quite interesting and possibly unique in the literature (experts needed). The "around cornerstones" gave the stone-cutters nightmares (and overtime).

Indeed. And I also think that the protuding knobs are key for understanding the method of how these blocks were constructed, moved and lifted. I'm not comfortable with the 'friction theory' that someone posted in another thread.

Even if the knobs gave ropes(?) some friction, they would still be difficult to carve out. The stone surfaces also seem to be too homogenous - as if formed while being soft - while the knobs vary in size and depth. Some of them seem to protude, yet other marks (not shown in the OP) look like indentions.

Moreover, if we look at the polygonal stones at Sacsayhuamán we could also talk of pillow-masonry. They look like pillows or 'baked bread' (see here or here), as if formed under great heat which is of course just speculation for now, but any theory about their creation needs to account for what is visible in plain sight.

IMO all that is still a true mystery and such details should definitely be taken into account when thinking about possible construction methods.
edit on 6-6-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Sumer dates from around 5000BC.

At that time the Native Americans settled already.

Also you did not read the map correctly. It's all walking migration. I have no idea why you talk about sailing? Or the Greeks?
edit on 6-6-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If there really were ancient advanced civilizations, what does that do to the theory of evolution?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Nothing?

Biological and cultural evolution are not related?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Geomancy is the key to making the connections. There are many stages thoughout history. Personally the most interesting is when you find out where Magnetic North was before the last Pole Shift (12,000) - using Giza as your Prime Meridan you'll start being able to connect the really old ones! (Upper Quebec Canada) - you can take it even further and get really crazy factoring in the processional wobble - easiest to use Polais and Celestial North in my experience.

A later stage will connect Giza to Baelbek (spelling?) and the Vatican and to the Obelisk in Mecca amongst many others. (why does Islam have an egyptian obelisk at their holiest site?)

An even later stage - The Thomas Jefferson Ley Lines ! - HIs architicture will lead you to the Georgia Guide Stones!

And even later yet - Hoover Dam, International Peace Garden etc.

You have many 'Empires' that are mimicking the original intent of these Ancient Sites Global Positioning System throughout the ages. The Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, The Catholic Church, The British Empire, The Americans. Why I have no idea - could just be an ego thing - or it could have some greater significance.

Math is the language the 'First Civilization' used to communicate. To understand them one needs to know the vocabulary.

13,14,15 = 3.1415 = Pi

edit on 6-6-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

Sumer dates from around 5000BC.

At that time the Native Americans settled already.

Also you did not read the map correctly. It's all walking migration. I have no idea why you talk about sailing? Or the Greeks?

Ok but the developed civilizations or whatever you want to call them spring up around the same time about 3000bc. Maya at Palenque record 3000 bc as date of world catastrophe and descend from mother alive at that time. Narmer, from Summer 3000bc+- begins conquest of city state Egypt.

As far as the map it indicates what....that folks migrated to say Australia and then the water level came up? Just asking.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is insurmountable evidence that an advanced civilization inhabited out planet in the distant past, and even had a hand in our creation...

Most, if not all the known facts are chronicled in the New York Times best seller, Our Occulted History by Jim Marrs. I'm over halfway through, and the revelations are astounding. What's even more intriguing is the interference of powerful interests who have suppressed, hidden or even destroyed much of the evidence.

If you're curious of the true origins of man, and the connections of every civilization, this is the book to read.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Ok but the developed civilizations or whatever you want to call them spring up around the same time about 3000bc.

OK but in that case who are the "progenitor civilization" you talk about?

Around that time (late neolithic-bronze age) the native Americans were already there for a very long time.

If there was a proto-civilization it was before the migrations.

Or maybe you mean an unknown civilization which, during neolithic, had contact with all continents? In that case we should find traces of it since neolithic isn't that old.

The truth is that there is no "proto civilization" which is the common ancestor of Inca and Egyptians. The closest to a common ancestry would be neolithic tribes before the migrations. But maybe they were already building small mounds/pyramids, that's possible.

As far as the map it indicates what....that folks migrated to say Australia and then the water level came up? Just asking.

During the ice ages the sea level was lower.
edit on 6-6-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yes even Egypt was populated before Narmers and the "1st Dynasty".

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

Ok but the developed civilizations or whatever you want to call them spring up around the same time about 3000bc.

OK but in that case who are the "progenitor civilization" you talk about?

Around that time (late neolithic-bronze age) the native Americans were already there for a very long time.

The truth is that there is no "proto civilization" which is the common ancestor of Inca and Egyptians. The closest to a common ancestry would be neolithic tribes before the migrations. But maybe they were already building small mounds/pyramids, that's possible.

What it looks like to me is that there was an old proto and then another big effort to colonize the earth from a central location around 3000bc+-...Mesopotamia.. at the rise of the bronze age. A heck of a lot of contact at any rate.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It's an interesting theory but since the Sumerian recorded literally everything, you would expect some traces of this.

Plus the trade routes from that time can be deduced by studying the origin of the minerals found in craft and jewelry, and nothing indicates trans-atlantic cultural contacts. Only European-Asian ones.

I like a good story but I find reality already fascinating

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I cant produce it one line but there is clearly some evidence both in Sumer and North America that the two did meet and records were made at both locations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join