It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give me one verafiable evedanced proof of government disinformation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No I'm not being a skeptic here.
what I'm curious about is documented proof where the Government purposely said one thing with the intent on misleading their citizens.

I don't me mean like Area 51 or Roswell where we've yet to confirm anything.
I mean actual hold in your hands proof of the government did have an active disinformation program going?

Technically this thing with the NSA listening in on our cell phones doesn't count since they never told us about it in the first place.
Or how back in the 1976 the Government admits it forced sterilization of American Indian Women. Again it's not like they told those ladies they were going to get their teeth cleaned. Frankly they didn't tell them anything at all, other than they had to have this done or risk losing their Tribal money.

No, What I'm after is where they were caught in a bold faced lie!
and even with all the stuff I know... I cannot say with certainty there is such a case?
is there?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan".
-Obama

How's that?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
""Can you give me one verafiable evedanced proof of government disinformation? ""

PPACA

Sub prime mortgages and securities

Lot's of disinfo on those two alone.

Global Warming maybe

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan".
-Obama

How's that?

That kind of fits in the
"No more Taxes"
bundle of lies--- I mean campaign promises LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bush: Read my lips no new Taxes.

+12 more 
link   

"They hate us for our freedoms"

"Mission accomplished"

911 commission report.

...just a few.

ETA:

"We don't negotiate with terrorists"
edit on 6/5/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

originally posted by: beezzer
-Obama

How's that?

That kind of fits in the
"No more Taxes"
bundle of lies--- I mean campaign promises LOL

I think he knew damn well that he was feeding us bad info when he told us that.... just to sell us the plan. That qualifies as disinformation for me.
Just like the Gulf of Tonkin BS was done to sell us on the Viet Nam War.

link   
Lee Harvey Oswald was a lone nut. It's harder to find an example of them being honest than than the opposite.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Campaign promises= disinformation

If you intentionally lie to someone and give information knowing the information is false, you are providing him or her with disinformation.

From Merriam:

Disinformation= false information that is given to people in order to make them believe something or to hide the truth

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What I'm after is where they were caught in a bold faced lie! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

something like

"we never imagined planes being used as missiles to attack our infrastructure" or along those lines by Coni Rice and then having information brought to light that such a scenario was discussed and that scenario discussed actually had one the missile planes targeting the pentagon.

Or Bush saying don't believe in conspiracy theories concerning 9/11 when what is said to have happened as per official reports is a conspiracy theory/fact depending on what/who you believe.
edit on 5-6-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Google Gulf of Tonkin incident
Basically, the action that allowed Johnson to go into Vietnam was a hoax...check it out (the second incident)

The POTUS didn't know about it (arguably) but the military industrial complex did..they were the ones that set up the hoax in order to get the war on.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Oswald acted alone. Start there.

link   
I will just use one of the most recent blatant examples.

Carney and the Obama WH claiming a document had nothing to do with Benghazi even though it was obtained during a court order requiring the handing over of documents relating to benghazi.

link   
Christie Whitman: The air is safe to breathe.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Exhibit B(this clip has a lot of disinformation clips involving WWD)

Exhibit C

lol

There's so many.

The better question would be "Provide an example of the government NOT providing the citizenry with disinformation".

Edit:

Don't forget birth of the HMO!:

edit on 5-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Bush's statement that Afghanistan had weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sad how you asked for solid examples and not conspiracies, or perspective considered truthisms, and what you get is conspiracys, or perspective considered truthisms, etc..Exactly what you asked not to have.
One could walk away from this thinking the government really has never lied.

But yeah, check out the Gulf incident, this is clearcut.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The US government still lies about the MLK Jr. assassination, they lied about the secret FBI files and wiretapping until very recently. When Nixon declared the Vietnam campaign over to the American people, they were going on bombing raids over there. There are many other examples.

Here is a priceless one from Ronald Reagan:

I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast.

edit on 5-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Bush's statement that Afghanistan had weapons of mass destruction.

Bush never stated that.
He suggested Iraq did..but not Afghanistan...
Afghanistan had OBL and a bunch of terror training camps. That was the justification, and it was enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join