It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Since when does the Mafia follow laws?

Their organization is founded on illegal activity.... numbers, drugs, prostitution, untaxed sales, theft, bribery of officials and.... oh, GUNRUNNING.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why?

The video speaks for itself.....I can't directly link it here (it will just get taken down...too shocking for many) but take a look....a long, hard look, then ask me again...why I need a DEFENSE rifle. (I am not assaulting anyone with it....that term in and of itself is ludicrous and used by the control apparatus to demonize certain weapons)

Rather than post the video....I will attempt to post the link, if it gets taken down, it gets taken down.

The reason I WILL keep my guns

I am sure some have seen it....
Add this to that equation....Now ask me again why I need a defensive rifle!

I'm fairly certain this destroys ANY argument that it is "for the children" or otherwise.
Can YOU put two and two together?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: eManym
A 12 Ga. shotgun with 00 ammunition can put out 18 to 24, 33 caliber pellets per second and semi auto 33 to 45, 33 caliber pellets per second. Who needs an assault rifle?

Sometimes accuracy and penetration and range are needed over a pellet spread.

A shotgun would best be used to blunt an assault in relatively close quarters and allow for an egress opportunity. A rifle OTOH, can remove an adversary from the fight at virtually any range. Distance in a gunfight is your friend.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I defend my family just fine with no guns.

I do not rely on cops for anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Yes, until those WITH guns attack your family.
I find this laughable and really don't even want to bother with replying, other than to tell you, your position is laughable. See my previous post, right up above these....for proof. Or, shield your eyes and keep on believing in your comfort zone.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

And you have that right, to not be armed. And no one here is trying to take that away from you.

On the flip side.........

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

hey, if that works for you and that's what you're comfortable with that then great. it doesn't however, make gun owners cowards as you stated earlier. For example, if I'm home, the guns are locked in a safe. If I'm not home and my wife is here with 3 kids then the safe is unlocked because I want her to be able to defend my kids, my home and herself. It's not cowardly, its pragmatic. It takes an average of 30 minutes for police to get out to my house and that's been timed with a report of an armed suspect on premises. I'd rather have the gun and not ever use it than not have it, need it and come home to a bloodbath.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
Why?

The video speaks for itself.....I can't directly link it here (it will just get taken down...too shocking for many) but take a look....a long, hard look, then ask me again...why I need a DEFENSE rifle. (I am not assaulting anyone with it....that term in and of itself is ludicrous and used by the control apparatus to demonize certain weapons)

Rather than post the video....I will attempt to post the link, if it gets taken down, it gets taken down.

The reason I WILL keep my guns

I am sure some have seen it....
Add this to that equation....Now ask me again why I need a defensive rifle!

I'm fairly certain this destroys ANY argument that it is "for the children" or otherwise.
Can YOU put two and two together?

You got my vote!

That knocked me on my sorry ass...

Now I will begin to gear up and get serious with some plans to counter the coming collapse.

That for tonight's nightmare.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, we know...you have super ninja skills and are so manly that you can take out multiple larger attackers with nothing but a toothbrush and harsh language.

In reality, you will be dialing 911 as fast as you can and cry out, "what is taking them so damned long!?!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I feel you, mate.

I think the true answer is because those Rambo dudes who buy military grade stuff don't plan on using it simply for defence. They claim it's to "defend against military", but many of these people actually have a much more offensive plan - to start a Civil War in America (they find the concept extremely romantic because of all the Hollywood movies that has come out about revolutions recently).

But as usual, ammunosexuals (as Bill Maher called them) don't use one ounce of logic.

They don't realize that allowing people to gain access to automatic weapons and bombs will also allow Mafia access to these things. And when the power of the mafia would equate the military's, then let's just say that America will become a Really, really dark place to raise your kids.

LOL. The mafia and criminal gangs already have access to highly illegal things like explosives and automatic weapons just like they have access to highly illegal things like heroin. You honestly write this and then accuse us of having no logic?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I feel you, mate.

I think the true answer is because those Rambo dudes who buy military grade stuff don't plan on using it simply for defence. They claim it's to "defend against military", but many of these people actually have a much more offensive plan - to start a Civil War in America (they find the concept extremely romantic because of all the Hollywood movies that has come out about revolutions recently).

how many of them of the type you describe are there? what percentage of legal gun owners do you think this encompasses? from the sound of it, it looks as if you are far more enamored with the films than any gun owners I know.

But as usual, ammunosexuals (as Bill Maher called them) don't use one ounce of logic.

after reading the rest of your post I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of this statement because it's waaayyyyy out in leftfield if you really believe that you're the logical one.

They don't realize that allowing people to gain access to automatic weapons and bombs will also allow Mafia access to these things. And when the power of the mafia would equate the military's, then let's just say that America will become a Really, really dark place to raise your kids.

wait...who exactly is gaining access to automatic weapons? and what world do you live in where the mafia or any other criminal organization doesn't have access to such weapons currently? Are you one of the confused dolts that think a standard AR-15 that can be purchased in any gun store can fire in fully automatic mode?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I live in Detroit. I've had a gun pulled on me 3 times.

I am still alive.

No matter how many guns you have, there is still rhe possibility you could end up in a dangerous situation when they are not in your hands, cocked and loaded.

In a situation like that, only your wits can save you. You might as well learn to defend yourself without guns.

You find it laughable that an American doesn't need a gun to survive?

Me, and every other American I know is getting along fine
I only know one person that owns a gun, and he keeps it locked up unloaded until he takes it deer hunting in the winter.

You make it sound like EVERYONE in America carries a gun. No wonder everyone thought my wife was carrying a gun when she sent to a concert in Canada. And yes it was EVERYONE she talked to.

I am 36 years old, I have travelled the US mainland extensively, and not counting police, I meet like 1 person or family with a gun in their house every 3-4 years.

And they are always old. Real old.

In the bigger cities many criminals with guns belong to gangs or illegal drug trade.

Don't do drugs...

Don't travel into gang territories...

...and you will MOST LIKELY NEVER become a victim of gun violence.

Keep in mind that I live in Detroit as I say...

Crime in the USA is nowhere near as bad as the media portrays.

edit on 19-6-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Would you be so kind as to explain how you plan to protect your family?

Do you have a full time body guard or do you plan to hide behind some dog or skirt?

You talk tough enough to scare to bad guy or make they drop dead from laughter?

I have known some bad ass fighters in my day that would love to take you on just because of your statements.

And they are the nice ones I knew.

The real bad boys that scare me would rip out your heart and chew on it while it was still beating.

You may want to view that video once again before running your mouth.

Clueless for sure!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, we know...you have super ninja skills and are so manly that you can take out multiple larger attackers with nothing but a toothbrush and harsh language.

In reality, you will be dialing 911 as fast as you can and cry out, "what is taking them so damned long!?!

Ah, assumptions.

You got it all figured out.

Guns is the ONLY WAY to protect anything!!!!! +snortsnort

LOL

In my neighborhood, you call the cops, you get 10 times the trouble.

Good luck on the starcount. ATS loves a good bloodthirsty American nutjob.

I know MANY men that can defend their families with no guns.

You're free to bring your geezer gun mutant buddies to see firsthand.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

People don't need assault rifles to defend themselves. We have the right to hear arms, what kind aren't specified and there sure weren't assault rifles back in the days the constitution was written. Since we have the right to bear arms, that must mean every single kind of weapon that can kill kill kill right? No, we don't need all these crazy weapons.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ah, assumptions.

Guns is the ONLT WAY to protect anything!!!!! +snortsnort

LOL

In my neighborhood, you call the cops, tou get 10 times the trouble.

You're free to bring tour geezer gun mutant buddies to see firsthand.

Hey guy I grew up in the hood of Philly and had my combat training there and listened to jive fools before.

YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW! JACK!

At some point there will be a civil war again in this once great nation and I may be still able to play.

Pray that we meet and you will get a very brief lesson on the rules of the game!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiguelTheMagician

People don't need assault rifles to defend themselves. We have the right to hear arms, what kind aren't specified and there sure weren't assault rifles back in the days the constitution was written. Since we have the right to bear arms, that must mean every single kind of weapon that can kill kill kill right? No, we don't need all these crazy weapons.

Just another fool that can't tell time or read the date on a calendar?

It is 2014 and the technology has improved, but the game is the same.

The small arms of 1776 are no longer use by any militia on earth, so why not make us use a bow and arrow?

We use what others use in a war and that is not a club or rock.

The infantry today all carry arms of the day, and they are what our founding fathers told us to have ready with enough ammo to properly meet the enemy.

Look at your calendar and learn how to tell time!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Jakal26

I live in Detroit. I've had a gun pulled on me 3 times.

I am still alive.

No matter how many guns you have, there is still rhe possibility you could end up in a dangerous situation when they are not in your hands, cocked and loaded.

In a situation like that, only your wits can save you. You might as well learn to defend yourself without guns.

You find it laughable that an American doesn't need a gun to survive?

Me, and every other American I know is getting along fine
I only know one person that owns a gun, and he keeps it locked up unloaded until he takes it deer hunting in the winter.

You make it sound like EVERYONE in America carries a gun. No wonder everyone thought my wife was carrying a gun when she sent to a concert in Canada. And yes it was EVERYONE she talked to.

I am 36 years old, I have travelled the US mainland extensively, and not counting police, I meet like 1 person or family with a gun in their house every 3-4 years.

And they are always old. Real old.

In the bigger cities many criminals with guns belong to gangs or illegal drug trade.

Don't do drugs...

Don't travel into gang territories...

...and you will MOST LIKELY NEVER become a victim of gun violence.

Keep in mind that I live in Detroit as I say...

Crime in the USA is nowhere near as bad as the media portrays.

I don't think a single person here said that you should only have a gun to protect yourself. I don't think a single person here said that you should not utilize other methods to defend yourself either. You've been the one making it an "all or none" game.

You meet one person with a gun in their house every three to four years? Nope. Statistically that's not very likely. More than likely you've been in many a house with a gun and they just didn't tell you. I can see why--I wouldn't want a blowhard to know about my firearms either.

What tools you choose to own or not own are your own business. Your fellow citizens simply request that you are just as deferential for our right to choose as we are to you.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ah, assumptions.

Guns is the ONLY WAY to protect anything!!!!! +snortsnort

LOL

In my neighborhood, you call the cops, you get 10 times the trouble.

You're free to bring your geezer gun mutant buddies to see firsthand.

Oh, Of course I've got you figured out. I grew up near Detroit and I'm only a few years older than you and I see the exact same bluster and "manly man" act all the time. Saw a lot of guys with that attitude. It's funny and sad at the same time in the same stereotypical way.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We need them because the economy is about to tank as stated by Mr. Munk...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join