It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA migration proves the story of the Towel of Babel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As I was looking into how languages spreaded and how different tribes could have come up with all the words for each object, and tell other tribal members about it, it seems to be an almost impossible task, and I happened to come acrross this map:

Now a first look at this map suggests that we did come from Africa, however, a close examination shows that C, D had to get through several bodies of water, and CR through F a small body of water(the Red Sea, you can see that the edges don't really fit, plus continental drift only move a few centimeters per year). I'm pretty sure that humans didn't have boats back then(it's postulated that North America was occupied because the Ice Age happened where the Bering Strait was shallow enough to cross, but this, to me, is also false, as the Bering Strait is 49 m deep, not to mention that if you were to go by the dates, then C3 happened before the last Ice Age). To me, the only way to get to D's destination is through E, then K. C cannot have happened unless through boats, or literally through acts of God(how did the Ainu get to Japan, 65,000 years ago? You can see that the inhabited areas of Japan are well-separated from any mainland.)

Now if you were to look at the map, you will see a point F, where there are many divergents. This happens to be the location of the Towel of Babel(Iraq/northeastern Syria). I had to ask, did F go into A, or A into F. Looking at the date, it suggests that A went into F, however, what happens is that they took the DNA of current people, then compared this with fossil evidence(which are extremely rare for humans, basically, you can't track DNA migration like this with fossils) and "project" this is how old we are, this to me is very very disingenious. Not only can't we be sure that the dates of the fossils are correct in this order, we can't even be sure that they are 50,000,
as opposed to 5,000. We can be sure, however, that the DNA evidence is correct.

To me, it looks more like F went into A, and Iraqi people become Black when they moved into Africa(or perhaps there were multiple races at the towel of Babel and God just spreaded them out). Now this doesn't mean that the entire Bible is correct, however, it suggests that the story of the Towel of Bible has some merits to it, and IMO, the story of Creation probably refers to the beginning of civilization(the Sumerians, which were also located in Iraq).

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is this what your are refering to? A............tower not a towel....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

The first real civilizations appeared around Mesopotamia (Iraq,Iran,south eastern Turkey) about 10,000 years ago...Sumerians,Elamites,Ashurians and the old civilization of Daghyanus in Jiroft Iran were all pretty much happening in the same area.And yes the tower of babel was also located there,,but it was a tower nothing even close to a towel!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shapur

Agreed but they have had to back it up to 15,000 years ago now. They found an even older one in the same region.

Something else the OP got wrong. A water body doesn't have to freeze to the bottom to create a land bridge.... Only a few feet at the top would have to freeze.

I also don't think any historian would even attempt to guess when the first boat was created. A boat is a pretty easy thing to make at it's simplest.

I'm really seeing no tie in to the biblical story..

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Maybe the baba linings were a civilization the really knows where there towl is....he he

Hitchhiker Guide to the galaxy reference!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Just a typing error I assume,I hope...But anyways ,I think no one can say for sure which was the first civilization to appear on the face of the earth,but from the evidence we have so far it dates back to about 10,000 or as you mentioned 15,000 years ago in the Bein al nahrein (between the rivers) area known as Mesopotamia.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a link to the table of Nations by Tim Osterholm www.soundchristian.com... also

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Tower of Babel is a creation myth story. It's fiction made up by primitive people to explain the difference in languages found around the world. But DNA diversity tells us that there was no Tower of Babel. There was no bottleneck of humans like that ... no instant dispersion.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree with you about it being a story to explain how different languages exited.

And the OP's title made me picture some guy running around slapping people with a towel and as he did so they all started speaking in different languages as he shouts " Fear my towel of Babel!!!"

Sorry, my excuse? It was a way too long Wednesday.

edit on 4/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

I agree with you about it being a story to explain how different languages exited.

And the OP's title made me picture some guy running around slapping people with a towel and as he did so they all started speaking in different languages as he shouts " Fear my towel of Babel!!!"

Sorry, my excuse? It was a way too long Wednesday.

Sounds more like "The Locker Room of Babel".

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

The first real civilizations appeared around Mesopotamia (Iraq,Iran,south eastern Turkey) about 10,000 years ago...Sumerians,Elamites,Ashurians and the old civilization of Daghyanus in Jiroft Iran were all pretty much happening in the same area.And yes the tower of babel was also located there,,but it was a tower nothing even close to a towel!

Which, of course, is nonsense ...

This "assumption" that you make, is based on biblical and middle eastern ... mumbo jumpo, which in reality is stolen work.

Looking at the given migration chart, it tells you one thing ... the point A, is unlikely to be correct. The other points, C,D,CR and E are most likely the correct ones. The point A, being a single point somewhere, which C being on the other side of the world in only 10 thousand years, makes point A something that can be disputed. The other points, show migration start points.

Ignore the bible, and everything that comes from the middle east ... because it's lies. Stolen work. The jews are not the jews ... that is, the historical jews. And the Sphynx tells you, that 10 thousand years ago, the middle east got a "surge" migration, that fuelled their advancements. Men build monuments, and they usually point into the direction they travel ...

arc de triomphe ... Roman migration from south to north towards england
victory arc in berlin ... from west to east
sphinx ... is towards the middle east

In the case of the sphinx, it may be more of a defence, than monument ... sort of "Here there be dragons", warning towards outsiders.

I do not support the continental drift theory ... I support the earth having been smaller. And I suggest this map should be created on a globe, where the waterlines are erased. This would give you a clearer view of how migration. Where you most likely have a C->D->E->F evolution. And the other strands, And the others are evolutionary jump, that may be related to migration ... but suggest parallel evolution, that is related to separation of spieces ... much like birds and bees.

edit on 4/6/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

That's a damn intresting theory about contienetal drift! I doubt it matches to the rest of the data... But pretty cool none the less.

I know we have measured the drift. But I could see how it could be misinterpreted as expanding?

Any sites got info on your theory? I don't buy it yet... But it's a cool concept.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

That's a damn intresting theory about contienetal drift! I doubt it matches to the rest of the data... But pretty cool none the less.

I know we have measured the drift. But I could see how it could be misinterpreted as expanding?

Any sites got info on your theory? I don't buy it yet... But it's a cool concept.

You look at C, and you see that it's all around the pacific. Migration at this point in time, I think we can all agree on as being "mumbo jumbo".

So, what left is ... point C, must have been a location that was around the same center ...

And all other data, supports that ... pangea, or no pangea.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

There is no "measurement" of a drift ... that's misinterpretation of the facts. Much like the bible ... stolen stories, represented for political purposes.

The continental drift theory, is just an "elaborate" story which hides the fact that's it a theory of "creation". If there was such a thing, it would mean there is a "mind" behind the drifting. A "design", instead of a natural chaotic entity.

Nature is simple, anything that happens ... is happening. If there was a drift, of the nature we are talking about ... it would be constantly drifting and never create a single mass of land unless it was on purpose. As this wobbling planet, continues to wobble and the wobbling, and it's center, are the only mechanics ... a single mass of land, would simple mean it would wobble itself apart.

Unless Noha is sailing the continents under Gods orders.

The expansion, is an observable fact ... and something that can be observed, and recreated is also known as an "empirical evidence". And when lava flows, it's expansion under cooling is observable ...

The statement about the center of the earth being iron, is because it's the only known material (apart from electromagnetic plasma) that provides the data that we observe. And since there is no known mechanism that explains the immense denseness of the earths inner ... the iron ball, is a kind of "biblical" simplification of the obvious.

However, what if the earths inner isn't even close to being an iron ball ...

What then ...

well, nature is a bitch.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Maybe the baba linings were a civilization the really knows where there towl is....he he

Hitchhiker Guide to the galaxy reference!

And the answer is 42.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The continental drift theory, is just an "elaborate" story which hides the fact that's it a theory of "creation". If there was such a thing, it would mean there is a "mind" behind the drifting. A "design", instead of a natural chaotic entity.

End quote.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Conteniental drift has nothing to do with creationism.

I also disagree if your implying there is a institutional scientific cover up. Science might be wrong. But a coverup would require every science colledge student being bought off to keep there lie being told.

I also got to take issue with your opinion of theories . The world expanding instead of continental drift is a hypothesis. Continental drift is a theory...

Hypothesis= educated guess

Scientific theory= a mountain of facts that lead to one definative conclustion. That can be tested and predictions made.

No one is making money off continental drift. The people who got famous for "discovering" it are dead. So that means any scientist who proves your theory gets rich and famous.

That said, have you ever heard of the hypothesis that the universe isn't expanding... All matter is shrinking, but at the same rate every where.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

There is no "measurement" of a drift ... that's misinterpretation of the facts. Much like the bible ... stolen stories, represented for political purposes.

Nature is simple, anything that happens ... is happening. If there was a drift, of the nature we are talking about ... it would be constantly drifting and never create a single mass of land unless it was on purpose. As this wobbling planet, continues to wobble and the wobbling, and it's center, are the only mechanics ... a single mass of land, would simple mean it would wobble itself apart.

Unless Noha is sailing the continents under Gods orders.

The expansion, is an observable fact ... and something that can be observed, and recreated is also known as an "empirical evidence". And when lava flows, it's expansion under cooling is observable ...

The statement about the center of the earth being iron, is because it's the only known material (apart from electromagnetic plasma) that provides the data that we observe. And since there is no known mechanism that explains the immense denseness of the earths inner ... the iron ball, is a kind of "biblical" simplification of the obvious.

However, what if the earths inner isn't even close to being an iron ball ...

What then ...

well, nature is a bitch.

Interestingly enough, the Red Sea is actually widening, the Great African Ridge is also widening today and the Himalayas are growing higher. The earth isn't finished yet in its continental drifting.

This early stage of ocean building is evident in several parts of today’s world, including the Baikal region of southeastern Siberia known as the Basin, and the United States from western Utah to eastern California, an area known to geologists as the Range. But the most dramatic example of an emerging ocean basin in its infancy is the Great Rift Valley of East Africa, stretching between Ethiopia and Tanzania.
African Rift plate tectonics

The Appalachian Mountainsextend from Alabama to Scandinavia and some are saying it may extend all the way to Morocco

While there may not have been people living at that time, we simply have not found enough evidence yet, but there seems to be some that indicate civilizations a million years ago in Britain.

Knowing that the Appalachians extend that far, could we then assume it is possible that people migrated westward instead of eastward and that they didn't necessarily need boats? I didn't say they did, I just said that it may be possible.

Now they are discovering many artifacts along the Virginia coast of a pre-Clovis culture, older than the Bering migrations. What then prevents the possibility that there may have been a more ancient civilization in Virginia? When I went to visit Wolf Creek Indian Village in Bland, Virginia, they mentioned that among the archaeological findings, there were atlatls of the same design as found in Central Asia. We have never seen any imagery or writing of the usage of atlatls in Virginia, but they got there somehow.

I think we should reassess what we already know, because every year it is changing.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
We're seeds other societies from different planets put here as a test of sorts. There's way too much differentiation/variation in language, appearance and physiology to be explained through some type of localized evolution that could have taken place. Well that's my theory

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Actually incorrect, there is one shared Y chromosone around the entire male population of the planet and one shared X chromosone which of course mean's we are all descended from these two people, both over 100 thousand years ago according to the best scientific estimate and all people out of africa are from the east african region.
Creation myth or not it is a good story and anti war in that is point's out we are all human being's and not animals to one another so is part of the moral code albeit a small but nevertheless important one of the judeo religions without which human sacrifice would still be going on and the internet would never have been invented.
Mitochondrial eve is also a term given to a single woman whom is also the originator of the female chromosone and all human cell's in every body on earth have her mitochondria (you know the little cell cyto blasts which have there own dna seperate from the nucleous or our chromosone's), variations and the given ESTIMATED (Because they simply do not know) period of time given for mutations to arise in the mitochondrial DNA give ESTIMATES by which they can arrive at THERE time frames for human migrational and tribal seperations into seperate tribal familial groupings which gave rise to today's race's.
Think about that your cellular mitochondria is the direct undiluted mitosis descendant of the woman whom is the mother of every one alive on this earth today and your X is also or if you are male your Y chromosone is the descendant of the Y chromosone of a single male whom is the father of every one alive today in a direct line and this proved we are all family no matter how different we look or what we believe.

edit on 5-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

That is a theory and if correct would with the given genetic information we have still indicate an original pair of specimen's, as you may know there is a tribe in asia whom live in the jungle and have for as long as anyone can remember built to a traditional plan a type of house they say is made to look like the ships which brought them here from another world (why would humans from other worlds if they existed all be sent back here, could this be there home world and humanity have been exiled), I do not mean to go off thread but that is a very interesting statement, I do not share it premise but it remains a distant possibility and not an impossibility until we have concise evidence either for or against, still we are a very unique species and there is a possibility of genetic hybridisation either natural through viral propegation of genetic material between species or artificial in a test tube.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join