It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General: Freed Bergdahl May Face Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has made comments to the effect that Sgt Bergdahl may in fact face charges !!

Wow.

This gets stickyer by the minute.

Looks like there will in fact be an "investigation".

General Dempsey is a recognized official.

Rumors are flying all over the place with this.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, recently released after five years as a captive of the Taliban, may still be disciplined if the Army finds evidence of misconduct, the U.S. military's top officer said Tuesday.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was speaking after claims from members of Bergdahl's unit that he had been captured after abandoning his post.

The New York Times cited a former military official as saying Bergdahl slipped away from his base near the Afghan border with Pakistan, leaving a note saying he had become disillusioned with the Army and the war and was going to start a new life.

US General: Freed Bergdahl May Face Investigation

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen, although i don't readily read your posts bashing Obama, I fear I might agree with you 0n Bergdahl.
i have not a clue what your thoughts are on this...whether he (bergdahl) is a traitor or not...but my gut feeling tells me this:
Bergdahl must have realized one day that he had bern awakened by Ametica's true purpos4of being in afghanistan. So against his better judgment, he may have wandered off to think more on this, anfd became captured by the Taliban.
As for his time with the Taliban, i think he was mistreated as hostages can be, but i also feel that Bowe may have gotten to know thembetter...i think the army will make him say he gave out secrets...

As for his father's tweet to a Taliban leader, i don't think it was that controversial, as he might be glad that his son is alive, yet thinks of the Afghan people to prove we are not all brainless murder mach8nes who think anyone with brown sk8n is a terrorist or splinter cell

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh, no need for an investigation.
In her talking points this Sunday, Susan Rice announced that Sgt. Bergdahl was a "PRISONER OF WAR" who was "CAPTURED ON THE BATTLEFIELD" and that he served with "HONOR and DISTINCTION..."

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There's been so much bull# coming from everywhere on this. Is he a deserter or a P.O.W. hero? Was his health in jeopardy or is he in good physical condition? Was he lagging behind on patrol or did he simply walk away after pulling guard duty? Throughout various media outlets I've heard both answers to each of those questions. While they peak the curiosity, they aren't what I see as the important question.

George W. Obama, I mean Barack H. Bush needs to come clean: what is really going on here? That's what the public needs to know. Why now, and how did they select whom to send to Qatar in exchange? I am all for the safe return of servicemen and women, but this story stinks too much for it to be as simple as getting this guy home. But for God's sake I hope it really is the case and not just some half-baked PR stunt.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

WTC prosecutor: Swap is reason to impeach Obama

McCarthy: Return of detainees to Taliban a 'high crime and misdemeanor'

Read more at www.wnd.com...

Obama’s POW Exchange Could Have Just Unleashed His Worst Nightmare
Read more at www.westernjournalism.com...

The fresh smell of Impeachment in the air.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
man, now I'm wondering if they did it just to get this guy home and punish the # out of him... ya know, discourage more behavior like his(if he really did bail)

hell if the dude really is a deserter then someone needs to shave his wannabe duck dynasty beard off on national tv right before they stuff him in some C.I.A. hole somewhere eating 3 nice servings of C@#% meat sandwiches a day!

would they give up so much just to punish this dude?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

What I find absolutely disgusting about this entire ordeal is an investigation into the solider while everyone turns a blind eye to investigating Obama.

a reply to: mindseye1609
That action will most likely affect Snowden and his possible return to the US.

As for giving up a lot -
I once again think its political. Obama took a pounding by promising to close Gitmo and his subsequent failure to do so. Maybe this is one way to wittle down the numbers. Buy 1 terrorist and get another 4 as a bonus.

if they order now they will get a bonus 1 year subscription to bomb makers quarterly and the BinLaden flip phone.
edit on 4-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The ONLY reason this is shocking is that some idiots decided to play it 10 ways from Sunday as a political coup and super-stunt for the P.R.

If he hadn't been showcased a certain way, the background on this guy wouldn't make a formal investigation surprising, it would make it expected.

At this point, guilty or innocent, I think going through the system on it is his best path forward. If innocent somehow, in terms of desertion or worse? Then a trial to show it is likely the only way he'll be taken seriously again.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
He deserted during war.We used to execute deserters.Jus sayin.
edit on CDTWedam3161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

Desertion is a possibility.
Proving aid to the enemy is another should the allegations he taught them how to make bombs turn out to be accurate.
The fact military members died trying to rescue him will come into play as well.

However -
If I remember right this is the same soldier who tried to escape a few years ago and was captured.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hey Xcat

He wrote a letter when HE WALKED AWAY and deserted. It is claimed in the letter he said he was "ashamed" to be an American and disillusioned. He walked away... and I question his "capture". I think it was more of a surrender and join personally.

IMO.. he should be executed.

Another IMO.. Obama should be investigated and impeached for this action. Whomever else went in on this should be investigated and prosecuted. This Administration ( or ANY) isnt meant to be a dictatorship that created scenarios that benefit our enemies. I cant wrap my head around the decision that was made concerning this traitor. Ive not agreed with many actions this administration has made... but this one is shocking.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: TDawg61

Desertion is a possibility.
Proving aid to the enemy is another should the allegations he taught them how to make bombs turn out to be accurate.
The fact military members died trying to rescue him will come into play as well.

However -
If I remember right this is the same soldier who tried to escape a few years ago and was captured.

Hi Xcat.If he gave the enemy any usable info or intel he's done.And with the deaths of his rescuers good luck.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

If there is evidence to support the claims then he should be charged and held accountable. As for execution I am not sure in what manner you mean. Executed as a result of a trial or right now because of the allegations.

If we ignore the law and go straight to an execution then we are no better than any number of countries we have taken to task for the same thing. He is innocent until proven guilty so as much as we don't like the taste of that its a pill we have to swallow.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I agree 100% with one caveat.

If we charge the soldier we need to look at the same for Obama and any other persons involved.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Just so it doesn't get entirely lost in the the mix..and because I don't want to add to the 7 or more threads currently going on this case..I'll just add here as the second spot..

The Islamists/Taliban released video from their side of the prisoner hand-off.

Video of POW Hand off

Breakingnews.com is where it came across originally. It's about 45 minutes old to this post date for when it crossed their news feeds on this story

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
Hm. You don't think the tweet was controversial.

How about this video, where his Muslim father speaks to him, standing next to Obama, who breaks into a wide grin as his father recites a prayer from the quran? It is the first sentence in every chapter of the quran, except 9. It was obviously immediately recognized by Obama, who can recite the call to prayer in 'perfect arabic', and who thinks it is the most beautiful sound in the world.

But, the tweet is not contriversial. Nah. Nothing to see here, move along. Just a big, fat, nothingburger.

youtu.be...

edit on 4-6-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

This is one of two things ........1st they want to piss the soldiers off and what better way then this scum bag. 2nd this guy is CIA and knows something they did not want to get out.

If it is the 1st it would tie in to all the other things TPTB are doing right now to piss of soldiers.......But if this is true....why would they do this?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
Or, 3, the coming heading out of Afghanistan in 2016 that was announced what, a week or so ago, too many scandals in the headlines, and once more, they miscalculated the publics' response and failed miserably, fully expecting rounds of applause nation-wide, and atta-boys from Congress Critters.

Obviously, they expected Republicans to get their panties in a bunch, but, they never DO anything when they do. But, they didn't expect the public backlash, which is their campaign bread and butter is.

It was nothing to do with him being CIA, they are like, 5 years too late, and besides, they claim to have known his whereabouts the entire time.

The WH also knew he was a deserter, he was never listed as a POW.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

Heh. They didn't decide who to send.

They were told.

Just the same way they were told they had till 2016 to get out of Afghanistan. The WH claimed they were forced by the Afghan government to give a deadline, I more believe they were given a deadline by which they must comply.

Just the same as they were told exactly whom they would release.

Just exactly how Ms. Rice lies every time she goes on Sunday television shows. If it's Sunday, and she is on television, you can guarantee she is lying. Now quick, go back and watch all of her past Sunday television appearances. It's a gold mine of disinformation. Just reverse everything she ever said for the real truth.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

I think you might be wrong on this one and I might just be right. Something stinks about this whole thing. And you had better believe soldiers are talking about this scum bag.

We will never know the facts all we have is a bunch of truths. But I think my truths might just be right this time. It will be very telling if they throw up roadblocks concerning an investigation into what this scum bag is really about.

This guy wanders off and then gets "caught by the enemy" and then our president trades terrorists to get him back and then he praises Allah on the white house lawn..........Nope no red flags here......Move along.
edit on 4-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join