It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You think Anonymous is stupid?

You're hilarious. You think Anonymous is a bunch of 14 year old script kiddies?

You're even more hilarious.

Let me tell you what Anonymous is. It is a group of individuals who understand the socioeconomic state of this planet and they also understand the demographic of young individuals who are opposed to "government intrusion" and overreach, and they utilize their young rebellious mindsets to the advantage of a cause. Let me explain something here, exactly who you think "Anonymous" is is a load of crap.

Anonymous is people with RHCEs, CISSPs, CCIEs and certifications most couldn't possibly imagine the technical aptitude it requires to attain. They're people that are extremely educated.

Yes, they are also 14 year old script kiddies. I never said they weren't.

There is a invisible hierarchy to Anonymous, but their message is very, very clear.

We are opposed to the current form of governments, and we intend to change them.

And let me explain something further,

At the tip top of that hierarchy, are people much more equipped than Mr. Snowden(not to say he's not a saint.).

Anonymous is a mindset, not an organization.

On that note, if you ever wondered what Anonymous really was - this post is the best answer you may have seen yet.

edit on 3-6-2014 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
let me add, anon gets a BAD REP because of /b/ however.. i must say that board does not represent us at all
sure some may use it to discuss politics and what not but the majority of that board is underage b& trash and childish spammers.

just my $0.2

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak
"/b/" is the 14 year old script kiddies that Anonymous takes psychological advantage over.

The upper echelons anyways.
edit on 3-6-2014 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

I admire some of the stands they have made but not all and like any large decentrilzed movement they are open to anarchists whom can give the rest a bad name at time's, now we all know by other groups they can also be hijacked or infiltrated for other purposes as well but it is better to change the system that to destroy it and if used correcly they are in a position of potential power though they can sometimes be very wrong as well and are often used by international opinion against specific nations rather than corrupt establishment.
By the way what is with the upside down wadget, the eye of Horus is not the masonic symbol (I am not too keen on them myself but not each and every one of them just the blind soldiers working for the false enlightened without knowing they are buried under the stones on there head's and being used to hold the others down and they are the illuminate not the masons in general though we do confuse them), they use the eye or Ra and the waget was supposed to ward off evil in ancient egypt.
Like most here I too saw the video but not all members of any agency are all that different to you and they have there own individual opinion's but also have to work for a living, in fact that agency has done both good and bad and it all depend's on whom is in power and in chage of said agency at the time so that is were democracy (IS supposed too) comes in, you can work to change peoples opinion and that is the only real way to do what you really want.
Burning the house down while the kid's are in bed does not help at all though so a more tactful solution in place of short term empowerment is a better solution and for that tactical consideration, long term plan and political movement compromise being the key word as you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but never all of the people all of the time and yes there are some real heinous scumbags in positions of power around the world, often the presidents and prime ministers have to dance to there tune so you know whom and what cabal I talk about.

Also remember I said decentrilised they are up against some very organized power and may not have the staying power as a group to stand for more than a few year's or a decade at most, people change, grow old and live there lives it is the way of the world so how can they really make a sustainable change to the world if they are too short lived as a movement, indeed they are regarded more as a phenomenon and there is the real problem, even if they were to succeed as unlikely as they may be they would only do so for the short term.

edit on 3-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

just my $0.2

$0.2? Is this due to inflation? Is this how much thoughts cost now? Did this happen because Seattle just raised the minimum wage to $15.00/ hr?
edit on 3-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Not the most anonymous place to announce your anonymity

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Not the most anonymous place to announce your anonymity

Uh. Yeah it is. You have to have an above top secret security clearanace to access this site.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
dude, back when we were screwing around on 4chan you would have been watching Pokemon, guys like Assange and Snowden have done more for all of us than we can we can even begin to imagine.
I was once told that Anon' is like a flock of birds that can change its direction in an instance, once someone gets an idea people will follow it, so i'm still trying to figure out what your point is?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You're hilarious. You think Anonymous is a bunch of 14 year old script kiddies?

You're even more hilarious.

Yes, they are also 14 year old script kiddies. I never said they weren't.

That would make you "You're even more hilarious".

Seems the Anonymous angle has worn off. Not much going on with them.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

Expect us!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Anonymous - expect us to do nothing.

What shattering info did they expose to the world?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Anonymous - expect us to do nothing.

What shattering info did they expose to the world?

You expect Anonymous to do nothing? You haven't researched them very well have you!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Other than some videos, what exactly have they done? Rip off some data from users, not the government. Have they revealed anything meaningful?

edit on 6/3/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I don't think anonymous is stupid. I think it is a bunch of criminal hackers (probably a majority of them living in China) who think they are better than "normal" people. Anonymous is a political tool, just like any other. Maybe worst than any other.

China and Russia have nothing to lose in supporting Anonymous, along with Snowden the New Messiah and Assange the Prophet.

Operation INFEKTION, anyone? How do I know Anonymous isn't crawling with Sino-russian counter-intelligence agents? After all, Anonymous does hide its faces and its names... maybe it's for a reason.

But hey, let's not question the motives behind Anonymous, right? They support the "people" and want to "rid fascism". But then... so did Mao Zedong. He used these exact words to gain major support, and throw his country in a civil war (Maoist revolutionaries vs non-revolutionaries) which ended up with the death of 40 million people.

edit on 3-6-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, it appears a few of you have admitted to being part of anon.....don't know if that was such a good thing to do, but that's your call.

Anyway, I used to be a big supporter of Anon but not so much anymore. They produce a video here and there, we hear of a DDOS now and then and that's about it.

If this group is so dedicated and ambitious, why haven't we seen Anon do anything earth-shattering yet?

I'm beginning to think that they may have started with good intentions, but now they serve as a tool used in someone else's plan. Who that someone is....that I'd like to know.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I'm beginning to think that they may have started with good intentions, but now they serve as a tool used in someone else's plan. Who that someone is....that I'd like to know.

I see a great candidate.

-it has to be a rising superpower

-it has to hate the US

-it has to have an history of information war

-it has to love Snowden and Assange

-it has to promote proletarian revolution.

Hm...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes, they are also 14 year old script kiddies. I never said they weren't. There is a invisible hierarchy to Anonymous, but their message is very, very clear. We are opposed to the current form of governments, and we intend to change them. And let me explain something further, At the tip top of that hierarchy, are people much more equipped than Mr. Snowden(not to say he's not a saint.). Anonymous is a mindset, not an organization. On that note, if you ever wondered what Anonymous really was - this post is the best answer you may have seen yet. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is so clear about that message?

It seems clear if one has the mindset of a 14 year old to gobble that message up with out asking what the hell it means. 14 year olds like to rebel, its quite common, no wonder they would eat up such rebellious message and swallow before realizing what they are about to swallow tastes/smells like crap. Why not ask what the ingredients are so one doesn't eat something that might make them sick?

"we are opposed to the current form of governments and intend to change them"

Current form of governments? What is the current form of governments, the concept of globalization or individual governing bodies? And is that form based on media exposure of how they operate, actual facts that 'Anonymous' has evidence for of how the Governments operate and why they oppose that and how they intend to change them?

Its about as clear as a dark cave when the batteries to your torch go out.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What HAS the faceless, toothless, outspoken horde of un-unified members of an open invitation group accomplished?
Besides sitting nameless behind their made up screen avatars touching only the world of those that think like them via their real life interaction with their computers?
oh wait its coming to me now, there were some guys in masks that vandalized a couple places, then there were also some people that supported squatters in larger cities

Grow a pair, do something productive, do something you can be proud of, do something you can attach your name to
There is a reason they are anonymouse...accountability
No body wants to be responsible for their own actions anymore

I challenge a member of anonymouse to do something productive, take off their mask and get credit for it

Just saying

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
FYI: Here is a few interesting statements about their internal dissent within, pranking etc....

"Anonymous has no strictly defined philosophy, and internal dissent is a regular feature of the group".

"Because Anonymous has no leadership, no action can be attributed to the membership as a whole"

"The group's few rules include not disclosing one's identity, not talking about the group, and not attacking media."

"Since 2008, a frequent subject of disagreement within Anonymous is whether members should focus on pranking and entertainment or more serious (and in some cases political) activism"

en.wikipedia.org...(group)

I think when you cant identify yourself, your goals, your ideals, your motives, your intentions...then whats the point? It makes it like ringing someones doorbell and hiding laughing in the bushes....

Just a thought....I do afterall support some of what they have done....
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The most powerful thing about the group, anonymity, is also the biggest weakness of the group. What is stopping a faction from doing things in the name of Anonymous designed to bring them down? To me it seems like a CI professional's wet dream. The perfect scapegoat. a reply to: b3l13v3

top topics

<<   2 >>

join