It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls, 12, stab Wis. friend 19 times in planned attack, cops say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I see these things and I am so afraid for my children. I have 2 young kids, aged 4 and 6. We had the foresight to move out of the big city when the youngest was jut 1. Even in small towns and close knit communities, I found a creepy man sitting in his car with photos of children hanging on his dashboard and window shade/flap down sun visor.
I watch my kids closely. Parents: watch your kids closely! There are freaky DEVILS out there. No #. Even in small rural towns where nothing happens. I don't know what it is, but there seems to be more really bad people out and about.
Hugs! Carla

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Not really seeing the point in you trying to connect me to serial killers by me having a painting by Jakub Schikaneder. If you have a significant argument to provide based on any of my responses, feel free.

Otherwise it's called "poisoning the well" in a discussion and does nothing to legitimately respond to any of the information I presented.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think some of it has to do with taking out all of the failure at a young age any more. This every one gets a trophy mentality leaves kids out of touch with reality. If we do not learn of consequences then there are no barriers to behavior. Add in some meds and a healthy dose of entitlement, well there's a recipe.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kyuss
These girls did this for a character called Slender Man from a internet site about horror stories, they believe he is a real person living in a nearby forest. They held her down and stabbed her 19 times and left her for dead. She crawled out of the woods and was found by a bicyclist. The girls all live in a upper-class city and appeared to be "normal teenagers". I've never heard of Slender Man until yesterday but my nephews all know of him. Fortunately the girl will survive.

I actually had heard of Slender Man a while back and when my youngest told me that some of her classmates were talking about Slender Man several weeks ago, I wasn't too pleased. No net for children in my house and that's been a rule for a good while now so it came purely from her fellow classmates. We're on the other side of the continent from this incident. Between your nephews and my daughter, Slender Man must be the latest thing for middle schoolers.

Back in my day, it was "Bloody Mary" and challenging other kids to go into dark bathrooms to say her name in the mirror three times in a row. I sure as heck hope that Slender Man isn't the new "Bloody Mary" for children. Scares me to death for my kids. I know the odds of having a bunch of psycho children all over the place just aren't there but, as a parent, it's just hard not to wonder and worry about what the future society will be.

Fuller account of what happened. It's positively terrifying as a head's up. These girls should never, ever get out of jail. Ever. It also talks about the Slender Man component and just what these girls had come to believe. It wasn't video games or psychotropic drugs. They were just surfing the net.

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
As a parent, this kind of case is beyond horrifying. Kids playing after a sleepover, something we probably all did as kids, and the "friends" plan, for MONTHS, to kill another kid?

Kids killing kids isn't a new thing, but the motivation in this case is bizarre. Some weird horror character, that the kids claim wants them to kill? Disturbing on many levels! All I knew of Slender Man before reading this was a horror movie. This stuff is beyond creepy? Worse, I have three kids in that age range. The good part is they home school, which might account for them not hearing about this "character".

It's a sad situation when parents can't trust that their kids are safe even staying overnight with a friend, or attending school. Besides this case, we have the other recent one with the brother/sister duo planning and executing the rape of another student, and all of them were in elementary school! We can see videos of groups of kids beating up other kids, in school, or at a home, or on a bus. Some bad apples have always been around, but the violence from children is growing.

One really disturbing element is the line in the local article someone linked to, where one girl claims Slender Man is telepathic, and "watches her", and can teleport. Confused child, or a possible sign of possession? What they did was certainly evil.

As an aside, sort of, am I the only one that thinks the girls look like they could be related? Same hair color, and very similar features, from the little we can see in the pics.

The idea that kids would plan to murder someone, for months, based on horror stories, seems a little too convenient. Lots of kids enjoy scary stories (don't we all to some degree?), but most don't plan murders based on those. Creepy ghost stories and the like are part of culture. That may be the stated reason of these girls, but it seems clear there are other factors. Some personality/emotional issues, something. That two girls that age would want to please some creepy character is bizarre in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

This is in my city....... it is very scary. What the heck is wrong with kids today. Is it the progressive mindset of letting your kids do whatever they want?

What they heck is going on in the world. It is like a horror movie turned real.
edit on 3-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Holy hell. What an article.

Reminds me of Nevada-Tan.

The 11-year-old schoolgirl murdered her 12-year-old classmate, Satomi Mitarai, in an empty classroom during the lunch hour at Okubo Elementary School in Sasebo. "Girl A" left Mitarai's body at the murder scene and returned to her own classroom, her clothes covered in blood. The girls' teacher, who had noticed that both were missing, found the body and called the police.

After being taken into custody, "Girl A" was reported as confessing to the crime, saying "I have done a bad thing" and "I am sorry, I am sorry" to police, though she initially gave no motive for the killing. Shortly afterward, "Girl A" confessed to police that she and Mitarai had fallen out as a result of messages left on the Internet.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I also play modern violent video games as an adult and have yet to want to kill anyone. My girlfriend actually laughs at me because I can't watch horror movie scenes.

More amazing is playing video games when you could be interacting with the 'girl friend'.

This two girls can't be allowed in society so I suppose the state cares for them for their lifetime. A twelve year old willing to kill for status is obviously a sign a deep sickness.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
MK-Ultra much?

There is obviously more to this than "kids being too stupid to understand that internet fiction isn't real." Buried in the midst of the jsonline article is a reference one of the girls makes to a "man" who would "kill her family" if she didn't carry out the murder. When questioned about the identity of this man, the girl says she "doesn't know." Now if she meant Slender, she would have said Slender, as the article clearly states that is the girls' way of referencing him. So who is this mysterious "man" and why on earth isn't that a bigger part of this story? They seem to be playing up the ridiculous internet fiction angle, and playing down the far more likely possibility that this attempted murder was inspired by a far more real and dangerous individual.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, we both have separate hobbies and identities as individuals.

We still do things together, but are in no way connected at the hip. We would not be together if she was unable to do her own thing while I play a video game(or one of my other hobbies) on the weekend.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Otherwise it's called "poisoning the well" in a discussion and does nothing to legitimately respond to any of the information I presented.

Interesting artist "Schikaneder." His art seems befittingly comparative to this thread, and of what you posted. You claim "many violent children might be drawn to violent things." A perfect illustration of this.... your avatar! Murder in the House, the painting depicts the young girl’s murder.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

That man was Slender Man. As far as "kids being too stupid to understand internet fiction isn't real", children are notoriously naive. We have to tell them, as adults, "don't talk to strangers" or even clarify that even if a stranger knows their name and their parents' name, we'd never send a total stranger to pick them up from school and that so-so and so-so would be the ones doing it. If somebody says "come here, lil boy, I've got some candy for you", you don't go. Kids are notoriously naive. My youngest actually was uncertain as to whether Slender Man was real or not. She's not even on the freaking internet. Why? Because her friends showed her crap like this:

Full grown adults fall for some of the most whacked out stuff that the internet has to offer. Somehow children are immune? If anything, they are more susceptible because if an adult lacks tools to make distinctions of what is real and what is fake, then kids don't have those at all. This isn't MK-ULTRA. It's the reality that we've basically created a host of garbage for the mentally ill to consume and form into their ideations and confabulations. I'm a huge proponent of the First Amendment so, quite frankly, I think the best choice is to simply make it so that children are not on the internet at all until they are old enough to make better decisions.

We can look at it this way. We do that and the number of children who get driven to suicide because of internet bullying will also go down. The amount of time that kids are on the internet is really remarkable. My youngest talks about how much her peers use their cell phones all day long in school and on the bus to access it. They're on it so much, even in school where they are supposed to be learning.

edit on 3/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: fixed broken youtube link

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I won't be surprised if the parents try to sue creepypasta. Would be a shame because it might be censored and taken down. Just because parents don't monitor their children. They are negligent and I hope if they do try to sue, the state files a countersuit of negligence on them.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

What is wrong with our children today???!!! They are supposed to be still at the age of innocence, yet they are capable of these things more and more all the time at an earlier age. My friends and I were still playing with barbie dolls at that age...

One word : parents. The kind that don't do responsible raising of their child

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I disagree with you because I have always let my children on the internet, but watched what they were doing and plus made use of parental controls built into the account. Someone has to take the time as a parent to guide children about the internet. My middle school child even reads creepypasta. It didn't make her a sociopath, because I explained to her long ago about reality and fiction. And she also has never been bullied online except once, and the girl was a neighbor so that got fixed fast now they are friends and no longer neighbors. Mediation is very helpful when family from both sides gets together to mediate.
edit on 2014/6/3 by ldyserenity because: missing word

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Broad conjecture that has nothing to do with topic.

You don't know me, why I chose that painting for avatar, or anything else for that matter. If you want to discuss the points I made without poisoning the well with pointless assumptions feel free. In case you don't know what poisoning the well means I would recommend looking it up.

This will be my last response to you unless you discuss the actual points made.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Parents need to spank their kids like they did back in the day.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Or just responsible parenting with a healthy dose of common sense. I don't disagree with spanking, but only as a last resort and never when angry. Sensibility comes into play here. I yelled mostly at my kids, which ridiculously got me into the most trouble, but how else is a loud mouth smartass going to hear over their screaming incessantly?...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ldyserenity

Part of the reason why I just eliminated internet access was due to her father. He gave her her own computer and there was really no place for it outside of her room. I went ahead and put in all sorts of controls on her computer as well, limiting what sites she could visit and times that she could be on it. Even though I did actually closely monitor her use, one day, I discovered that she had installed skype onto her computer and had a friend on it--a guy from Tokyo whose profile picture was a bunch of naked women on it. She had installed skype to be like an adult and accepted the friend invite, thinking she had no choice. She was 8. 24 hours, that's all it took.

I'm glad that you have the space where you can actually monitor your kids' usage of the net. Not everybody has that. I've been a pc gamer for over a decade and I have witnessed firsthand just how deplorable the internet can be with children. I remember an 11 year old little girl who came "running to me" online one day because she'd ended up in a voice chat with some guys who were telling her how beautiful she sounded about 12 years ago. She didn't feel like she could exit the conversation.

My youngest hated me for about two weeks after I shut down her internet access. Thing is, now she is a total advocate of being offline. She talks about how much happier she is and more relaxed. She tells me about the online fights her friends get in and how glad she isn't a part of that. She spends her time creatively by reading, playing outside, practicing her musical instrument for band, and drawing. Her grades are flawless. If I'm doing something wrong, I sure as heck don't see it.

I personally wouldn't let my kids read horror genre in middle school but that's just me.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have only been at CP once and immediately saw that it's a site where users can submit fantasy stories, so basically all the stories are not real, it's just entertainment. But then I am an adult.

Poster a few above me had a very good point stating that even adults fall for the biggest crap on the net or Youtube (ATS being the best example since this stuff is often reposted here as 'real')...so he/she definitely has a point there.

Censoring CP?

Censoring CP, a site with fantasy stories? What about the rest of the internet, AND NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT GORE SITES if you seriously think CP is "dangerous". What about TV? What about movies? How many murders happen on an average night on TV? Do we want to censor them also because two naive (and/or mentally ill) kids have troubles discerning fiction from reality?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join