It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia: Chocolates free from pork

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Whew... I'm glad they got this all worked out. A sweet question of our times, to be sure.

KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysia's Islamic body says that Cadbury chocolates have been cleared of containing pig DNA, easing outrage among Muslim groups who had called for a boycott of all Cadbury products.

The health ministry earlier this month said porcine DNA was found in two varieties of Cadbury chocolates, prompting the company to recall the products.

Actually, this is a serious thing to Muslims and for very good reason as they see it. I do wonder where they got the initial idea pig DNA existed in the chocolate though, as the article goes on to say they found no proof of it in samples taken for additional testing.

Islamic officials said the earlier samples could have been contaminated as they did not come direct from the factory.
Source

Well, at least we know chocolate is safe for Malaysia again. I'd hate to think otherwise!

(imagines a world without good chocolate....nawww...too scary)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Maybe it's not the pork part of it they are truly worried about. Maybe they just know that when you put something together as magnificent as bacon and chocolate there exists the risk of ripping a hole in the space/time continuum caused by overclocking the combination of glory and ecstasy. Maybe... just maybe.... they are trying to save all of mankind from their own selfish folly?
edit on 6/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Suspect a set up as testing was done in a singapore lab .. couple reasons
1. singapore and malaysia even though peaceful on surface theres an undercurrent of hostility between the two that goes way back ..
2. malaysia trying to become a halal food hub and has set standards for production of halal foods .. possible attempt to sabatoge that . It would explain the pig dna in chocolate ..

Still trying figure out what other reasons there could be behind it ..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Maybe it's not the pork part of it they are truly worried about. Maybe they just know that when you put something together as magnificent as bacon and chocolate there exists the risk of ripping a hole in the space/time continuum caused by over acceleration of glorious ecstasy. Maybe... just maybe.... they are trying to save all of mankind from their own selfish folly?

LMAO....could not have said that any better!!

ChocoBacon-on-a-stick anyone??????

edit on 2-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The whole "unclean" animal thing really makes no sense to me. I could see how a thousand or a few thousand years ago people weren't really big on food safety and refrigeration; that being said, I'm sure there are a few animals and certain ones specifically which probably got people repeatedly sick. Given that, some odd superstition that pigs or XYZ is unclean, might make sense.

But that such an animal will keep you from getting into heaven? Or that it's bad in some way. (When it tastes so deliciously good.)

...in this day and age? Absurd.

Oh, and why did god make all these gross animals to begin with? OR is the blame being laid on the devil for that one.

mmmmmm... devilish bacon.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
The whole "unclean" animal thing really makes no sense to me. I could see how a thousand or a few thousand years ago people weren't really big on food safety and refrigeration; that being said, I'm sure there are a few animals and certain ones specifically which probably got people repeatedly sick. Given that, some odd superstition that pigs or XYZ is unclean, might make sense.

But that such an animal will keep you from getting into heaven? Or that it's bad in some way. (When it tastes so deliciously good.)

...in this day and age? Absurd.

Oh, and why did god make all these gross animals to begin with? OR is the blame being laid on the devil for that one.

mmmmmm... devilish bacon.

These laws are based upon the Books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy of the Torah and in the extensive body of rabbinical commentaries (the Talmud). The concept of unclean animals is also mentioned in the Book of Genesis, when Noah is instructed to bring into the Ark all sorts "of pure beasts, and of beasts that are impure, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth"

According to Jewish dietary laws, to be "pure" an animal must also be free from certain defects, and must be slaughtered and cleaned according to specific regulations

Some scholars, especially secular ones, have conjectured that the Jewish concept of "unclean animals" arose out of public health concerns by community leaders, since, in the conditions of the times, some of those animals are indeed more likely to cause food poisoning or transmit diseases to people who consume them.

The Qur'an expressly forbids consumption of "the flesh of swine" There are no other "impure animals" explicitly named in the Qur'an.

if u search unclean animal on wiki you will find this and much much more

e: in my personal opinion, i do agree that a pig is a filthy animal - wallows in it's own filth. but in the end it really doesn't matter as most of us eat genetically modified food with hormones and such added to it
edit on 6/2/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I have never actually tried bacon and chocolate together. I can say that I wouldn't kick the concoction out of bed until I gave it the old college try.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Oh it's in the appendix to the Apocrypha...

God made the pig of course, but the devil made it taste delicious.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

I must disagree TYS. I raise pigs. They have a couple of acres to turn over and forage. A dam and also fresh water. They are fed morning and evening on pellets to sustain their health. Also eat clippings and branches from my fruit trees. They are always clean.

Bacon on a stick? I have 60 kilo pig on a spit. Like any animal ( and some humans), if you live in filth then you're filthy. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Intelligent animals too.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I must disagree TYS. I raise pigs. They have a couple of acres to turn over and forage. A dam and also fresh water. They are fed morning and evening on pellets to sustain their health. Also eat clippings and branches from my fruit trees. They are always clean.

Bacon on a stick? I have 60 kilo pig on a spit. Like any animal ( and some humans), if you live in filth then you're filthy. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Intelligent animals too.

Kind regards,

Bally

I totally agree with you on all accounts. Not every pig is dirty just like not every human is filthy, but most farmers don't take the extra care you do to ensure your animals are clean and sanitary.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

The thought of chocolate pork is now infused in your brain. Now don't get pregnant kanga. Like my lovely wife some weird food was on the menu at all hours. Chocky pork thankfully wasn't one of them.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Appreciate your reply. My animals/pets live naturally. Tragically come the time for eating. Each, including poultry are dished up whether spit roasted, fried or oven cooked.

I love good clean natural meat.

Pork jerky

Yum

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So the answer is that people believe bacon is bad because someone said that god told them it was. And people believe this. For thousands of years... ooooook.

No rationale behind it really, no explanation. No roadmap from god laying out why, why not... Just, bacon = bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, pork is bad. Don't eat it or God will get angry. More for me.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, pork is bad. Don't eat it or God will get angry. More for me.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

OH. MY. FREAK'N. GOD!! If people around the world would eat that .. there would be world peace. I can't think of anything better than that ... except perhaps an extra large coffee with french vanilla creme and nutmeg to drink after eating it.

edit on 6/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

OH. MY. FREAK'N. GOD!! If people around the world would eat that .. there would be world piece.

Indeed, chocolate & bacon is a thing of ecstasy, I've made chocolate covered bacon myself several times. It's practically a mouth . . . well, you get the idea

That's it! The Muslims are like the sex-deprived sexually stunted 20/30/40-something virgins, except they're bacon-deprived. I bet if they had some bacon joy, the experience would open their eyes up & they'd be all "Huh, nothing fell off/was smote. I'VE BEEN LIED TO!!!"

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

OH. MY. FREAK'N. GOD!! If people around the world would eat that .. there would be world peace. I can't think of anything better than that ... except perhaps an extra large coffee with french vanilla creme and nutmeg to drink after eating it.

One extra large coffee coming right up.....

top topics

join