It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok, so we get 1 person in return for releasing 5 terrorists, who have killed how many?
And in my opinion, this has to be a slap in the face to the soldiers/families of whom risked or gave their lives capturing these P.O.S.

This is a joke at best and criminal in any other form.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hon you can fall flat on your behind but the apologist will always push what they are good at, pushing, more and more is evident that we got a run away president that is using the power of his pen to get away with what he wants

He doesn't need congress he got his pen.

And lets face it, congress is nothing but a whole bunch of sissy when it comes to Obama and his power of the NSA.

Yes I been sarcastic.

Nixon is back in the white house and this time is legal. he, he.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

You want hypocrisy? Obama WH itself stated no deal without consulting congress IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW just last June.

Jay Carney, 2013: No Decisions About Bergdahl-Detainee Deal 'Without Consulting With Congress'

As we have long said, however, we would not make any decisions about transfer of any detainees without consulting with Congress and without doing so in accordance with U.S. law.

www.weeklystandard.com...#

As a side note, notice the use of the term "detainee" instead of P.O.W. by the WH.

edit on 2-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

But you said that we'd be in Afghanistan until they stop fighting us. You do realize that WE invaded Afghanistan, right? All under the pretense of finding Bin Laden who had already escaped to Pakistan? And he's dead, or so they say. So why are we still in Afghanistan. I've got news for you. People don't stop fighting us until we get the hell out of their country. It's not right to keep people in Cuba without trial. You know it and I know it. If they are criminals then give them a trial and put them in a prison. You talked a lot about jurisdiction but you do realize that we've tried and convicted all sorts of other terrorists, right? Why are these ones special?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Two years ago, I said this President scares me....now he scares the hell out of me.

I pray people start to wake up in the general populous, and realize how very, very dangerous Obama is.

What he has chosen to do in this single minded decision, to trade the 5 top taliban terrorist leaders for Bergdahl, verges on high treason.

I watched the news tonight. I was floored to hear Bergdahl, is in Germany being taught to speak english again.

WTF!!! He won't even speak english, and his father spent the last 5 years learning to speak fluent Pashto to communicate with his son.

Something so fishy about this whole story. It stinks to high hell... If you have never watched the series Homeland....get on the net and watch it now.

Des

edit on 2-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There is no law preventing Obama from making a POW exchange.

YES THERE WAS.

THE GOPpers are only making hay over the "30 day notice" since their stance has been to be obstructionists to Obama at all costs, even when they have to pull an about face over their own past actions.

Past actions eh ?

Like how the Democrats namely Charlie Wilson armed the mujhideen in Afghanistan during the 80s that created Al Qadea.

Or was it the past actions of CLintons EPIC failure of foreign policy going after terrorists you know like the first world trade center attack, the kobar towers, and the USS cole.

That created the last decade of war.

But hey 'petty politics' 'obstructionists' blah blah EFFING blah.

Amazing how the GOP has so much power.

Even more amazing how the Democrats couldn't get their snip together to 'obstruct' them 'illegal' wars, and other bullsnip.

Even more amazing of these people past actions:

GOP opposites have a long history of ignoring congress violate LAWS at the pleasure.

PS: I'm not justifying what Obama did, only pointing out the hypocrisy of the complaints coming from the right wing.

Yeah the GD hypocrisy is thick, but that TRAIT is not unique to the right.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So what? Remember, we really had no beef with the Taliban till Al Qaeda attacked us and the the Talibs refused to hand em over. War's pretty much over and we're leaving, you don't keep enemy POWs forever. Taliban weren't terrorists, they were soldiers.

It was a war, they killed some of us, we killed a lot of them, war's over for us now, kinda. Why not trade these dudes for our guy? If Bowe deserves prosecution for desertion we can do it now.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Two years ago, I said this President scares me....now he scares the hell out of me.

He should.

Frees 5 die hard radical islamo fascists to free a deserter.

Meanwhile a marine is left rotting in a prison in Mexico.

That is enough to scare the hell out of anyone.

edit on 2-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Agreed. War's over. Send back the POWs and quit playing games down in Cuba.

If there is any prosecution to do for any crime, we can do it here. Amen.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the record ?

The only reason we are even talking about Bergahl right now is to take heat off of the VA 'scandal'.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are so smart I will bow to you, that and the fact that the ruling party have actually not way in hell to justify their next presidential candidate that have more scandals behind her than Obama himself.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Nah wouldn't go that far.

The art of misdirection is the sop for our government.

2 days ago we were talking about the VA.

Today a pow 'hero' was freed.

With bullsnip talking points how 'we leave no man behind'.

Straight from the White House talking points.

When in fact our government has left men behind pretty much on ever continent from the days of Vietnam to the 'war of drugs' in south, and central America,and in the middle east hell at least going on 4 decades now.

I can't be the only who smells the bs politics from the Berghal release.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

I've often wondered how Potus was going to pull off something to declare martial law...guess he's counting on his 5 gitmo buddies to pull that off for him.

I'm ashamed of my President. He's not my President. He's not America's President.

*SNIP*

edit on 6/2/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Obama let all the prisoners in Gitmo go free. That was so we could close down Gitmo. He said it was a bad place. I suppose it was. Don't know any real nice prisons.

Gitmo is nothing in comparison to a Mexican prison where they strap Americans to their beds in chains.

Or other places like Evin Prison in Iran.

Gitmo is the worlds most demagogued prison in the world, and yet the least 'worst' out of them all.

Most middle east prisons are the worst of them all.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

I agree. This soldier must be "someone" or know "something."

This deserter more than likely knows nothing. If you have read up on this guy he walked off his post to look for the Taliban because he wanted to "walk the world". We lost several like six men while looking for this guy. They even gave this guy a parting gift for goodness sake how many other prisoners have they done this for? He won't be prosecuted like he should be he will be paraded around as another "hero" for the war on terror when he should be thrown into a military prison and the key thrown away.

Re-read what you said and realize this guy probably "knows something" or was "CIA," or both.

1. deserter, walked off his post
2. we sent in men to find/retrieve him and lost six of them
3. parting gift

Something is going on here.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Or maybe there is a simple explanation... He was a willing participant in a plot to free Taliban detainees?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

We need to impeach him and remove him from office without delay. What are people doing to accomplish that?

www.impeachobamacampaign.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Eryiedes

Well that seems like a perfectly sound decision with no possible negative repercussions. Thank God Obama is so bright, lest the world be run by negligent fools!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
WTF is wrong with you, Republicans?

posted to another site, but goes the same here:

"All my life we listen to your BS about supporting the troops. How many times have we seen a group of beer-hype 20-something Republican males who never served in uniform repeat military lingo verbatim, including about always "returning for your buddy". Now that President OBAMA freed a POW, there's somehow something wrong with the soldier, himself. What a coincidence. Bunch of GI Joe-playing hypocrites."

and:

"Since when did we (and by "we", I mostly mean Republicans) start picking and choosing which soldiers are worth saving and which ones aren't?

Remind me again how, after blocking increased funding bills for the VA and now this, will people continue to think that Republicans support the troops? I guess they "support" the troops just fine.........depending on who the POTUS is? "
edit on 2-6-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

How do you know that he was a pow and not a deserter?

Because Obama and the dems told you.
edit on 2-6-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join