It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Paradigm Shift on Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Traditional Wall Street greed is being replaced by responsible investing. It all started with Working Assets and now Christian Traders is on the scene in a very big way. The US media doesn't cover Christian Traders phenomenal growth, but only punjab's headline proclaims, "Human Heart Found On Wall Street."

www.onlypunjab.com
Christian Traders continues to gather momentum as the Internet's fastest growing faith-based investment community. ...For many years Wall Street has been accurately defined by what the movie of the same name portrayed. Today, there is a paradigm shift taking place.

...Brokerage firms and traders alike, scramble to unscramble the mystery that could spell the end of life as they know it. Amidst the greed, corruption, and wealth building that has long been the hallmark of the "Belly of the Beast", a kinder gentler investor is emerging - The Christian Trader.

Christian Traders is now ranked the premier destination on the Internet for philanthropic investors seeking to exchange innovative and charitable ideas with like-minded individuals. The free flow of discussion centers around more than "How much can I make?". The conversations, and even the philosophy behind the company itself, are geared more towards "What should I do with it?". On any given day, you're more apt to hear about someone's dream of building an orphanage in a third world country or feeding the homeless here in America , than which realtor they should use to purchase that Tuscan summer home.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be interesting to see if this really is a paradigm shift or just another marketing ploy. But whatever the motives for starting Christian Traders, my money is on the people. Only people can change the world, one step at a time, by changing the way they deal with other people and how they spend their money.

Go Christian Traders.

Related News Links:
www.prweb.com
www.onlypunjab.com

christiantraders.com

[edit on 11-30-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It won't be long till they are successful enough to dictate the direction of the companies that they invest in. They could turn out to be a very influential player in American, and global, economics. There are a lot of Christians out there with a lot of money to invest.

Good find, soficrow.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I believe "Christian Trader" is too generic because more and more people like me who consider themselves pro-environment, pro-innovation and pro-technology are getting into the market as a means to the end of influancing the corporate fat cats decisions. I prefer the term "Ethical Investor" and "Ethical Economist" do describe people who are not only in it for the money(allthough it is a good bonus) I really want to make a differance, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

df1

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and now Christian Traders. All good Christians. Anybody that buys into this religious claptrap deserves to lose all of their money. I will be watching where these folks invest and I will make it a point not to buy products from these companies.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "If Jesus were here today, one thing he would not be is a Christian" and neither would he cast his lot with the money lenders known as Christian Traders.

I barfed on my keyboard at reading this article.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
"Ethical Economist"

I liked this. Will use this expression to evangelize all the unrepentant, unethical economists I know

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

by sardion2000
I prefer the term "Ethical Investor" and "Ethical Economist" do describe people who are not only in it for the money(allthough it is a good bonus)

I think that reflects the views of most of us, to be environmentally and socially responsible. The difference is, Christian Traders exists and is a well organized movement today.

by df1
Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and now Christian Traders. All good Christians.

Good Christians? Jesse Jackson would sell his own mother for a dime.

Like it or not, Christian Traders are making and will continue to make a big difference and a nice profit.

I can see competition to the idea now:
Radical Muslims Inc: Invest in the jihad and be rewarded with a dividend of 72 virgins.

Association of Despondent Atheists: Be in on the ground floor with new markets for chemical depressants and nihilistic workshops.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I started with a paradigm; now all I've got is a pair of dimes!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Investing with conscious started when investors started rejecting stocks that invested in then racist South Africa.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Part 1 of 2
I'm having a problem with onlypunjab and the hype:

Christian Traders is now ranked the premier destination on the Internet for philanthropic investors seeking to exchange innovative and charitable ideas with like-minded individuals.

Secondly, thanks for the story- it certainly is 'under the radar.'

Christian Traders (CT) has a little over 500 listed members as of today (Nov. 30, 2004) and has moved to their second forum board software. As part of A.G. Media:

Washington Post press release The company has also begun a comprehensive and integrated investor relations program to educate the investment community on the opportunity of the growing Christian market and A.G. Media's unique positioning. A.G. Media has realized a strong increase in its shareholder base in the last six weeks following the repositioning of the web site.

I kind of suspect is being 'pumped' a little. This puffery is all fine and good but does need to be recognized. The Wash. Post article goes on to state that CT is the �fastest growing online Christian investment community in market history . . . .� May be true but isn't it also true that it may be the only one or at least one of a very, very few?

I will watch CT for awhile and see how well their 'suggestions' do. After a very cursory visit to their board I found it humorous that their monthly subscription service is ONLY $495. I don't think is on the low end of any price scheme. Yahoo investment boards along with a slew of others are free by comparison. I also noticed there are thinly veiled advertisements seeking 'christian' business investors. These are not stock recommendations but solicitations for investors (send a check).

As far as a paradigm shift I don't see it. I believe the title to this thread should have a question mark '?' appended to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Part 2 of 2
At the present I view CT as just one more opportunistic proselyteing huckster seeking to separate good people from their money. MacMasters ('92-94) tried the same type thing prior to the Internet explosion- he did a little jail time for some reason I don't remember.

Back to A.G. for a moment- this is an (yahoo finance)'over the counter' firm operating media related business. Current share price is 2 cents. The puffery on their introduction page would be illegal for an American firm. Taken from the

Washington Post press release
Safe Harbor Statement
All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the private securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The forward-looking statements, including statements about the company's future expectations, including future revenues and earnings, and all other forward-looking statements (i.e., future operational results and sales) are subject to assumptions and beliefs based on current information known to the company and factors that are subject to uncertainties, risk and other influences, which are outside the company's control, and may yield results differing materially from those anticipated.

top topics

join