It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest thing I ever saw

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Regarding superdude's experience -

Other possibilities:

1) The rocking horse was speeding.
2) The Police Department's budget has be reduced by the governor's spending cuts and needed to requisition a substitute "State Police son, I need to borrow your horse!"
3) The officer was unhappy with his declined request to be a mounted policeman and decided this was a good compromise.

Sorry, I'll be serious now:

3) 'The Messanger' Theory (Joan of Arc story with Milla Jovovich) - The rocking horse fell off a car/truck nearby while he was assigned to the construction site.
4) Not only the construction lights, but car lights are bright too, shades help.
5) It was meant for a charity drop-off later. (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.)
6) Someone or fellow officer asked him to watch over it while they got a bigger vehicle or it was a surprise for a family member.

Seriously good pick-up! I think people need to notice more on 'things that don't look right' and discuss. It could be super-natural, but also could have an explanation.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If you ever find out how that happened, I'd gladly purchase whatever it is! I could use the extra time. That's really cool honestly. A super-efficiency and you got to work on time. Perhaps it was really important to meet up with your brother? Do you believe in miracles? Anything else happen that day or the near future where you were thankful this happened the way it did?

I don't believe time and space (physics) work the way we think they do all the time. I could expand sometime if anyone is interested.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

1) The rocking horse was speeding.
2) The Police Department's budget has be reduced by the governor's spending cuts and needed to requisition a substitute "State Police son, I need to borrow your horse!"
3) The officer was unhappy with his declined request to be a mounted policeman and decided this was a good compromise.

That was great! I truly did LOL. I'm sure that there is a good explanation, but it really was bizarre to say the least. I've seen and done alot in my life, but man that is the one thing that truly gave me a good case of the Heebie Jeebies.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
It was by albany, i was working at the crossgates mall, the motel was a couple miles a way , Coca's motel

Thanks dude.
I know the area.Isn't that motel like off the beaten trail a ways?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Are u for real???

It was by albany, i was working at the crossgates mall, the motel was a couple miles a way , Coca's motel

Thanks dude.
I know the area.Isn't that motel like off the beaten trail a ways?

As i remember there was a really small mall across the street. The old mall so to speak, and also it was just like quarter of a mile from a denny's. i'll get the address and U2U you .

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i would have freaked out and probably broken down and cried if that happened. But you seemed offely brave, why didn't you open the door... lol. Please follow up to the person investigating, i would love to know what you found.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One could only imagine what he would have found if he opened the door... someone knocking on it... GASP! No, seriously, I would have been too busy hiding under the bed praying to Jesus, Buddha and Allah, and I don't believe in either of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
If you ever find out how that happened, I'd gladly purchase whatever it is! I could use the extra time. That's really cool honestly. A super-efficiency and you got to work on time. Perhaps it was really important to meet up with your brother? Do you believe in miracles? Anything else happen that day or the near future where you were thankful this happened the way it did?

I don't believe time and space (physics) work the way we think they do all the time. I could expand sometime if anyone is interested.

Cant say I remember anything of particular significance that later made reason of that event, but we often say "im glad that happened actually because...."
Something that seems negative at the time, may seem quite positive later , strange how small events of our lives fit into the big picture in hindsight.
Still cant make sense of that one though!

I wonder if that means I was actually in two places at once but only concious of one reality?
Re: miracles?.....Well Im not sure I like the expression, but i certainly beleive in events beyond explanation/comprehension. Is it perception that shapes our reality, or reality that shapes our perception. Is reality subjective on a subconcious level?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Text That is wild, but I believe your story. Too bad you did not pay closer attention to other details as well as the ones you had noticed. It could have been a money making story in the process!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is wild. I thought my sory was weird. Very cool stuff.

Any other weird TRUE stories out there?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
about the rocking horse story again
what was the emotion on the cop's face
was the rocking horse rocking
what was the scenery around (forest,field,lake etc.)

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here's just an idea. I've heard police, FBI, CIA, and such have special ways with phonelines and routing blockers. Do you think they had the wrong room for they guy they wanted? They could have been trying a couple rooms and numbers to root out what they wanted. Or maybe once realizing they had the wrong person tried to be scarce. My first reaction would be to ask questions. Did you happen to be able to do so on the phone?

If paranormal, sounds a lot like that Twilight Zone episode where the older lady was talking to someone from 'beyond' when a phone line broke from a storm and landed on a graveyard plot. That was my favorite one.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Here's just an idea. I've heard police, FBI, CIA, and such have special ways with phonelines and routing blockers. Do you think they had the wrong room for they guy they wanted? They could have been trying a couple rooms and numbers to root out what they wanted. Or maybe once realizing they had the wrong person tried to be scarce. My first reaction would be to ask questions. Did you happen to be able to do so on the phone?

If paranormal, sounds a lot like that Twilight Zone episode where the older lady was talking to someone from 'beyond' when a phone line broke from a storm and landed on a graveyard plot. That was my favorite one.

Well they had an old switch board type setup with the phone, you couldnt actually connect to a room without being transefered by the front counter guy, he had to litterally flip a switch.

Hehhe and my first reaction to the phantom calller was of disgust, I didn't want to talk to some dude in the middle of the night!!! especially one that just sounded creepy.

I can say though that when i did ask "who is this?" he was replied either "you already know me" or he wouldn't respond. I honestly thought it was just sicko who had a crush on me or something until the whole phone block thing, ANd the calls usually came in the middle of the night when i was half asleep. I don't think to well when i'm half asleep.

I can say though , when you get a alot of calls like that , waking up and trying to figure it out becomes a waiste of time. because you stay up all creeped out. you lose sleep , you work suffers. and then you come home and the same thing again. I just ingored it. with the banging on the door i would just sleep through it. the same with the phone calls, or i wouldn't answer or pick it up and hang it up. or just leave it off the hook.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well they had an old switch board type setup with the phone, you couldnt actually connect to a room without being transefered by the front counter guy, he had to litterally flip a switch.

Interesting. You've got me then *shrug*. I doubt the front desk guy would do it. Last thing he needs is a guest to run down and yell at him.

I can say though that when i did ask "who is this?" he was replied either "you already know me" or he wouldn't respond. I honestly thought it was just sicko who had a crush on me or something until the whole phone block thing, ANd the calls usually came in the middle of the night when i was half asleep. I don't think to well when i'm half asleep.

I can say though , when you get a alot of calls like that , waking up and trying to figure it out becomes a waiste of time. because you stay up all creeped out. you lose sleep , you work suffers. and then you come home and the same thing again. I just ingored it. with the banging on the door i would just sleep through it. the same with the phone calls, or i wouldn't answer or pick it up and hang it up. or just leave it off the hook.

Good decisioning. Well done.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

about the rocking horse story again
what was the emotion on the cop's face
was the rocking horse rocking
what was the scenery around (forest,field,lake etc.)

There was absolutely no emotion on the cop's face at all
The rocking horse was not rocking - it was stationery sitting on exactly where one of the cones should have been - the cones continued for approx 1/4 mile past the rocking horse.
The scenery was this, it was a semi-rural road in Southern NJ, in a section known as the pine barrens. The road was your typical paved road, with heavy treelines on both sides.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There was absolutely no emotion on the cop's face at all
The rocking horse was not rocking - it was stationery sitting on exactly where one of the cones should have been - the cones continued for approx 1/4 mile past the rocking horse.
The scenery was this, it was a semi-rural road in Southern NJ, in a section known as the pine barrens. The road was your typical paved road, with heavy treelines on both sides.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It was a glitch in the system. The cop with glasses at night.....glitch. and the other thing....glitch. A very rare glitch.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wierd stuff! A rocking horse where a cone should have been? Here's a question I have - what is a road crew doing out on the road at that hour? Give more details! Did anything else happen that night?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very easy... this cop was likely a new jersey state trooper and the glasses can be answered because most troopers wear sun glasses you know which kind im talking about the big ones. This is my theory the rocking horse might of fell out of the back of a car or truck or whatever was holding it and the cop put traffic cones up so people could follow the correct path and not crash into the horse.. this must of just happened because he could of just put it into the trunk and left but you must of rolled up when it just happend and there must of been other cars ahead of you so ok the cop was preventing an accident with a car hitting the rocking horse that was in the road no big deal.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's quite a lot of traffic cones to put out for a rocking horse, and wouldn't they go around the horse and not in a straight line on either side? And wouldn't it have taken the lone cop absolutely ages to put them all out in comparison to the few seconds for picking up the rocking horse.

A pretty freaky thing that I saw earlier this year probably isn't the freakiest thing I can think of, but it freaked me out the most. I was on a National Express coach to London Victoria, and we had passed Waterloo and were going down a busy and bustling London road at around midday, people everywhere, usual kinda thing for London.
SO I'm looking out the window in a vaguely disinterested way, when I see, amongst the business people, commuters, traders and random londoners, a pale dazed looking bloke, looked late teens or early twenties, with brown hair and I think blue eyes, very skinny, staggering across the road dressed in nothing but boxershorts and a white shirt with one button done up. The look on his face was truly chilling, he had a scared, lost and confused thing going, with eyes out on stalks and an open mouth. He was clean, shaven, no discernable extra body hair, vaguely young looking. Put me in mind of 28 days later. This was not a residential area of London.
The really freaky thing is that nobody took any notice. Everyone else on the coach was staring straight ahead, people were walking past him on the road, cars were going by, but nobody even gave him a cursory glance. I seemed to be the only one who noticed him. And then, as soon as I 'd seen him we had driven past and he had disappeared into the crowd. Another day in London...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join