It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New federal database will track Americans' credit ratings and other financial information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So, why does the Federal Government need all of this information?

Link

s many as 227 million Americans may be compelled to disclose intimate details of their families and financial lives -- including their Social Security numbers -- in a new national database being assembled by two federal agencies.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau posted an April 16 Federal Register notice of an expansion of their joint National Mortgage Database Program to include personally identifiable information that reveals actual users, a reversal of previously stated policy

More and more they are entering our digital lives and collecting information about each of us. Not only should they not have a need to collect this information but it can also lead to the digital theft of information from hackers, etc.

Computerized theft of government and commercial data is a major concern for federal officials. Indictments were made public last week for five Chinese military members who allegedly hacked into the computer systems of six American corporations.

A December report from the Government Accountability Office on breaches containing personally identifiable information from federal databases shows unlawful data breaches have doubled, from 15,140 reported incidents in 2009 to 22,156 in 2012.

A May 1 White House report on cybersecurity of federal databases also recently warned, "if unchecked, big data could be a tool that substantially expands government power over citizens.”

They tried to get a large part of it with Obamacare and now buying a house/mortgage will reveal your personal info also to the FEDS?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dont think its right, nor is it fair they get this information, while we have to pay for our credit ratings and scores. I also don't like my SS# being anywhere out there period, and this is a bit too far even for them.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Don't they ALREADY KNOW our SSNs for crying out loud?? THEY assigned them!

For that matter, why is it that every time one has to deal with, say, bureaucrats in any way, they say - you have to send us copies of your tax returns (they have that already), a copy of your birth certificate (don't they already have those, too?), your passport (they already have that fecking information!), etc. etc. - like they have never heard of you??

It's disgusting.
I'll tell them what my dad always told me: "Look it up!!!"

edit on 5/30/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not that this is right, but the fact is all this information and more is already in the wild. The three credit reporting agencies have a record of your complete financial profile, including every individual payment you have made on any loan you've ever had on a monthly basis. Your credit scores are available basically to anyone who asks for it, from car dealerships to insurance companies, and, of course, any banks where you have an account or apply for one.

The prospect of having this stuff proliferate any further is worth protesting, but I doubt that the FHA having this information directly, when they already have the ability to instantly look it up, is probably not going to make you much more vulnerable than before. After all, the FHA is in the business of approving housing loans and the protection agency is in the business of protecting credit. It's kind of like saying, "Oh, my God! Did you know that both the Post Office and the local police department have a record of our addresses???!!"

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I hope if you buy a house or land for that matter that you know how to get an alloidal title. No sense in paying property taxes. That's just for the ignorant.

I did not write this, much less remember where I got it from...

1 Get 3 certified copies of the original land patent
and 1 certified copy of record of government survey
(if available) for the legal description of your
property. Request "best copy available" from national
archives. Expect to pay $30 for a copy and get it in
1-3 weeks.

2 Record 1 of these certified copies of the original
land patent with the county recorder's office. The
recorder number will be the land patent number you
will refer to in your Declaration of Land Patent.

3 Determine the legal description of your property (from
tax statement, deed, real estate contract, or tax
assessor's office) to which you are an assign. Get
property description narrative (get range #, township
#, section #, get quarter section in meters and bounds)

4 Research the assigns (i.e. heirs, owners), on the
property back to the original issue of patent.
Discover the chain of assigns pertinent to your
portion of the land patent and attach to your
Declaration of Land Patent.

5 Prepare a Declaration of Land Patent and update it in
one name. It cannot be updated in two names**. Other
equitable arrangements can be made to further
sub-divide the ownership or allodial title of the
property, or it could be put into a trust. Declaration
of Land Patents must be updated in the name of a real
individual, not a legal fiction. No legal "persons"
are allowed to hold title to property, you cannot
allodialize property in the name of a trust,
corporation, or non-profit.

6 Record the Declaration of Land Patent in either your
county recorder's office, register of deeds, or with
the bureau of records and conveyances of your common
law court. Notorize or witness all documents. Do not
send checks or federal reserve notes, use lawful
money, gold or silver; because conveying title with
negiotiable instruments voids the allodial title.
(To obtain 'lawful money' www.law.cornell.edu...)
7 After filing, send a copy by certified mail return
reciept requested as a Notice of Declaration of Land
Patent to your bank or mortgage company, or to any
parties with equitable interest in your property
including the county tax assessor.

8 An alternate method to notice the other parties would
be to publish a Notice of Declaration of Land Patent
in a legal publication in your county (once a week for
3 weeks, or for the full 60 days.)

9 Post Notice of Declaration of Land Patent at the 4
corners of your property and leave them posted for 60
days (witnessed)

10 They have 60 days to challenge your claim to the
allodial title, or forever keep their silence. An
allodial title is the highest title to property.

Worked for me. Good luck.

Mod Notes: Link to source for the above material (found by a quick internet search) : 1215.org -- property tax.

Please search to find the source for quoted material you post, and also give proper attribution as required by ATS T&Cs. Viz: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.
edit on 30/5/14 by JustMike because: Added "ex" tags, added link to source material, added link to info on how to quote and attribute other people's material.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The day will come when computers will track our every move.
If you are on any sort of gov assistance, they will be able to calculate in real time exactly how much money you have spent, and how much you have taken in.
Got a birthday gift from the family, and didn't report it as income? Well, that's fraud, and now you must pay back every dime in gov assistance you've ever gotten- plus interest.
Use your 'rewards' card for additional savings, and it goes into the data base. I often 'add' some funds to my children's purchases when we shop. If they were receiving any type of gov assistance, that would show as more income than they reported.

I'm sure I sound like a paranoid crackpot.
Time will tell......

P.S. Should I put this in the 'Prediction' forum?

edit on 50000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought it was well known that the FBI has been buying up personal information from huge private databases for a while now. Just about every citizen of the USA has an FBI file with *some* information in it. Unfortunately, a lot of times these databases aren't very accurate.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is probably something that they are doing to find fraud. Some people make lots of money and are collecting government assistance. Some people are not paying taxes on their income, making more on secret income than they do from jobs where they pay taxes. Some people sell drugs and make money and still collect money for being low income. I can see some need for this, but what if you sell a tractor or camper you fixed up. Will you have to start paying income tax on that kind of thing even though you do not make much and work a lot to fix it up? Usually people doing that are workers and aren't getting much assistance anyway but there are some that collect two paychecks.

I'm going to have to stay neutral on this one till I see what starts to happen with it. I can see both good and bad in it but everyone kind of knows the government screws up everything and usually slams the little guy more than the big criminals. They want us to pay taxes on every cent we earn, even though sometimes it costs more to make the money than what you get out of it. Hobbies are expensive and don't usually make you a big profit.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, I hope they look at my credit rating and financial info and it gives em depression! Go ahead....take a look boys.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

they already have the ability to instantly look it up

One would think. But, apparently they don't.

No matter what branch of government I have to deal with, every one feigns ignorance - which, in an ironic way, lets us know that we can give them the runaround just as much as any 1%er does.

I read the OP article - it says anyone who took out an original loan after 1998. That would be me.

And what would they do if I don't comply???
It's just stupid. They can't keep their act together between agencies....so why should we help them?
Just say no.

They can go to the creditors, mortgage holders, credit reporting agencies and see HOW my credit got ruined by a conman I mistakenly allowed into my life...and restore my good standing. My credit was great when I bought my house. Now it sucks.

It's SO STOOPID! Can't get a job without a 'passing' credit check?? THE REASON we need jobs is to KEEP our credit status going - I, for one, refuse to play the game anymore. I'll be dust (or ash) by the time they figure out what they're doing....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Come one come all !!

Welcome to the next phase of the ultra totalitarian ultra authoritarian tyrannical debt based banker/government system !!

And all the petty nosy nit-picking bureaucracy that come with it.

How many more planks do we have to walk ?

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This information is to help control the central (Fascist) monetary policies. It is, as long as corpserations rule contrary to small 'c' capitalism.
Just like they want it.

top topics

join