It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smudging Ceremony Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

okay good, then you're fine.

you're going to want to open up at least one window or door in the house. this is leave a space for the negative energy or spirit/s to leave. start in the top or bottom of the house and work your way through each room going in a circular motion around the room. covering every inch of room with the sage's smoke. closets and everything. every single space.

while going around you should be saying something in regards to your intentions. i like to say "i cleanse this space of any negative energies, entities or thought-forms. any negative energies, entities or thought-forms must leave through the open door/window, you are no longer welcome in this home." i also like to visualize in my minds eye the smoke spreading like bright light, lighting everything up. you have to stay confident during this procedure and make your voice reflect that. be stern, rigid and unwavering. when you're done with the entire house you're supposed to end in the room where you left an entrance or window open. so say you left the front door open a crack. you'd go through the entire house and save the space near the front door for last and when you're finished close the front door or window or whatever.

as an added thing like i said previously, i find that lavender oil works great in sealing doors and windows. that's usually something you can find in the same stores that sell incense, aromatic oils and whatnot. there's a banishing pentacle you can draw with the oil while saying "i seal this portal from any negative energies, entities or thought-forms". this helps to keep anything from entering your residence in the future. the sage will cleanse the space but, its not really a protective measure against future negative attacks.

good luck!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
you're going to want to open up at least one window or door in the house.

I always leave them all open.
Honestly, the sage can be scratchy on the throat and make the eyes water ....

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Any international website to order some sage sticks?

Check the site I gave you. They probably do international orders.
And you'd be getting it straight from the desert USA South West.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Kudo's for adding the part about leaving a door open for the "negative" to leave by.

The lavender oil was a nice & proper touch as well. One thing over looked is the duct-work. Not everyone has forced air heating/cooling but for those that do, turning it on and sending the smoke thru the system brings added peace of mind.

I was taught to circle the home with the ashes from the smudge/sage when finished, but I'm equally sure there are more ways to finish up.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

One question

Is everything, especially all the clothes in my closet going to smell like sage afterwards?
edit on 28-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Your house will smell nice like sage. You and your clothing will smell like you've been smoking dope. Really. I"ve been told that. You'll need to shower and wash your clothing immediately after smudging. That's been my experience.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

hahaha, yeah it will, and unfortunately flyersfan is right too. people will think you've been smoking the pot. as it's kind of similar to those who don't know the difference. my mother always used to think i was smoking out my room when i was younger and burning sage in my old bedroom. but to be honest, if you are worried about the clothes smelling, just buy some febreeze and take that to the closet when you are all finished.

i personally like the sage smoke, the smell etc, but it can be overwhelming to some. so yeah, you might want to open all the windows a touch for better ventilation.

Caver78
and the ductwork addition is a good thought because the smoke literally needs to touch every single inch of space in your house. so if you have central air, you will have to keep that in mind. this also includes attics, crawl spaces etc.

circling the home with ashes afterward is something i've never heard of before, but if it has helped than i don't see why not! any remnants of the sage in the ash would be an added bonus protection around the property
edit on 28-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

under beds, all the cabinets/closets (as you said) I'm a little lazy about doing it because it's a ton of work...LOL!!
Under the stair cases...
in the garage and all those nooks & cranny's...
in the washer & drier...
sheesh!!

I was told just open one door or window to run stuff out of, airing house out afterwards lets what you ran out right back in. But every culture has it's own traditions. It's the smudger's choice of course! I don't mind the sage smell, I've always been suspicious of those who do...grins....mayhap they need some?

A little smoke goes a long way anyhows...if your smudge takes off like a wildfire you may need something stronger.

( I'm aware this makes me sound like a fruitcake)

edit on 28-5-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The more I think about it, the more difficult it seems. That's really a hard thing to do, I mean, every inch..God! I'll do that for hours...
I don't have an attic, only 2 floors, cellar, garage and a hallway staircase.
Now I feel like I'm gonna need some help so I'll probably invite a friend or two.
Btw, how much sage do I need for the entire House?
I mean, 30g of dried sage cannot be enough, can it?
In case I would go for sticks, how many of them should I order?
edit on 28-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

All you would need for one smudging is one stick. (the size that I showed you at the link). If you want a back up, that's fine. But I'd suggest that you smudge once a month afterward for maintenance.

If you have people over, make sure they are of the right frame of mind. No drunk buddies thinking they'll get to go ghost hunting or whatever. People need to be respectful and serious and positive spiritually. No one who is involved in the occult. Otherwise, you are inviting trouble.

Don't forget to smudge each other as you start.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I won't preach at you. Just know .. God is real. I know that from personal experience. It's not a faith statement from me. It's a "I have encountered him' statement.

Can you elaborate on this one?
What is that 'personal experience' may I ask?
I am just curious..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

flyersfan actually made an important point, you want to sage yourself before and after the smudging and this goes for anyone else you have help you. you just waft the smoke over each others bodies.

30 grams is the normal amount of sage found in a regular size bundle you would buy in the store. i bought one of those and used it many many times so that 30 grams you've bought should be plenty. you will have enough for your place and probably for future smudging as well. it's a lot of sage and it usually burns slow, just make sure you don't light too big a portion and burn it all up. you're burning it like incense, lighting the tip and keeping that part smoking, not lighting the entire or half of the thing.

it's really not that complicated at all and you should just be able to do it yourself. like you said you don't have an attic or anything weird. 2 floors, cellar, garage and a hallway staircase. not bad at all. you don't have to flood each space with smoke but you can't go wrong with a healthy amount in each space. you could probably even find a youtube video showing a smudging so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

stay strong!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Three times I've had a direct personal encounter with the divine. They came 'out of the blue' without any prompting or praying from me. They came unexpectedly and not while I was in any kind of 'praise the lord' setting. (and no, I"m not a fundamentalist Christian).

1 time - Heard (or really felt) God's voice in my soul. He said 'no'. That's it. I was thinking about saying something to a friend of mine and out of the blue that happened. I was driving my car and was just thinking about saying something ... and Gods voice was in my soul (not a thought ... but it was His voice) ... and at the same time it was in my soul, it was rippling across the sky in a massive powerful wave that went from one end of the sky to the other. And it was male. And it was huge ... at the same time that it was inside my soul. I can't describe it.

1 time - Heard Mary (yes, Jesus Mother). In my soul the same way but the sky didn't ripple and it wasn't massive. It was like music tickling my soul. I understood the music was her voice and I instantly recognized her even though I've never heard her before or since. She said one thing to me. I'll keep that to myself. She spoke to my soul very briefly at the lowest point of my life. If this hadn't happened, I would have thought God had abandoned me .

1 time - I had an infilling with The Holy SPirit. Not at a fundamentalist Christian worship thing ... but while I was quiet and in prayer and not expecting anything. The encounter was amazing.

There is no guesswork or wondering if it's imagination or if it's my own thoughts ... it was VERY different and VERY real. Can't even describe what really happened. So I have no doubt God is real. It's not a 'faith' thing. It's an 'experience' thing

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

The more I think about it, the more difficult it seems. That's really a hard thing to do, I mean, every inch..God! I'll do that for hours...
I don't have an attic, only 2 floors, cellar, garage and a hallway staircase.
Now I feel like I'm gonna need some help so I'll probably invite a friend or two.
Btw, how much sage do I need for the entire House?
I mean, 30g of dried sage cannot be enough, can it?
In case I would go for sticks, how many of them should I order?

I think the most important thing is your INTENT. Everybody seems to have a different way of doing it, and they all seem to work.
I hold my lit sage over an abalone shell to catch any ashes, then walk from room to room fanning a little smoke into each of the corners with a turkey feather I found. If I can't find my feather, I'll use a piece of paper for a fan. As I go from room to room I command any negative energy to leave, and go to the light.
I don't saturate my home with smoke; I actually use it rather sparsely since I have asthma. That's what led me to believe it's intent more than technique that makes it so effective.
I always follow by burning sweet grass. The gods love it, and it attracts the good spirits, as legend goes.

Salt is used to repel negative energy, but not just any salt. I MUST be natural Non-iodized sea salt or Himalayan salt is used. Sprinkle it on the outside of your door sills to repel negative energies. After entertaining large groups at my home, I will walk the property sprinkling it all around the foundation if I feel it's necessary, though I've also heard it only needs to be placed on the corners of your foundation, along with entrances.
Non-iodized sea salt is very good for removing negativity and 'cleansing' things. I place any object I find questionable in sea salt overnight, ans it has always worked. You might try putting any masks or objects you find questionable in a box that has sea salt on the bottom, and sprinkle some on top.
Crystals are cleansed this way, or they can be cleansed by placing them in earth or leaving them in the sunlight or moonlight for eight hours.
You might enjoy researching 'spiritual cleansing methods' on the computer, and try any that resonate with you.
Good luck on your journey!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join