>>> As an atheist, I'm not sure how this will work for you. You have to actually believe in the prayers you are saying. Perhaps this event is
happening so that you will find out that there IS a God. I don't know. But you have to believe in whoever you are calling upon for help, ya' know?
I won't preach at you. Just know .. God is real. I know that from personal experience. It's not a faith statement from me. It's a "I have
encountered him' statement. So keep that in mind when you decide if you are going to pray and ask God to help rid the home of spooks. God is real.
Talk to HIM when you do this ...
Anyways, that's my advice, since you asked for some.
MY HUSBAND AND I SMUDGE TOGETHER ....
- Purchase a few sage sticks. Also if you can find it .... holy water and blessed salt and holy oil. Keep extra matches with you as you walk
around. Also make sure you have a big enamel container like an ashtray. (I have an official smudge pot).
- Place them on or in a container that can have fire ... big ashtray type thing.
- Have some water handy to take with you around the house incase of sparks.
- Before you light the sage, go through the house and open all the windows ... open all the closet doors ... open everything so that the sage smoke
can get everywhere.
- I find it helpful to cut the red thread that binds the sage stick. Sometimes it is wrapped too tight to burn. Break it apart a little bit.
- You can either use a big feather or wave your hand to move the smoke. I have done it both ways. So if you want, have a large feather ready. These
are available online when you purchase your sage sticks.
- Start at the top of the house ... the attic. Light the sage. Get it smoking very well. Smudge yourself and whoever is with you. Think positive
thoughts, nothing dark and nothing mingling on the problem. No fear. No anger. Start from the west side and go around the room clockwise.
- You, and whoever is with you, should say prayers. Either together or individually. Pray positive prayers to God .... simple prayers like .... 'Our
Father Who Art in Heaven Deliver Us From Evil'. Pray the St. Michael Prayer. Call upon Jesus to rid the house of any evil. Pray the St. Michael
prayer (You can google it .. St. Michael the Arch Angel Defend Us in Battle .... etc ) Say out loud, 'we claim our home, it's ours, souls of the
dead and spirits of the underworld are not allowed' ... things like that.
- Make sure the sage smoke goes everywhere ... in the closets, under the beds, in the cupboards. When you have finished a room go to the door and
'seal' the room. State that you are sealing it. State that no spirits of the dead and no demons are allowed. Sprinkle holy water at the doorframe,
or sprinkle blessed salt across the door jam ... draw a sign of the cross on the top of the door jam with holy water or holy oil. If you have none of
that, use your finger and draw a cross declaring out loud that the room is sealed and under God's protection.
- Do the entire attic. Then the upstairs. Then the downstairs. Then the cellar. You may have to relight the sage stick a few times. Do the stairs
as you go. In every place in the house declare it claimed for God and that the spirits of the dead and demons are not welcome. Reclaim it. Seal
- Then go to the outside of the house. Seal the house. Go around the house doing the same thing to the yard. Clockwise starting in the West.
- Say prayers that are positive and comfortable for you. If you are Catholic, pray the Hail Mary. (even if not Catholic, you can do so if you wish).
That's how we smudge our house. It works very well.
edit on 5/28/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)