It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Most Important Inventions of Nikola Tesla... Known (my add)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point of the universe. Throughout space there is energy. — Nikola Tesla, 1892

1. Alternating Current – This is where it all began, and what ultimately caused such a stir at the 1893 World’s Expo in Chicago
2. Light – Of course he didn’t invent light itself, but he did invent how light can be harnessed and distributed. Tesla developed and used florescent bulbs in his lab some 40 years before industry “invented” them.
3. X-rays – Electromagnetic and ionizing radiation was heavily researched in the late 1800s, but Tesla researched the entire gamut.
4. Radio – Guglielmo Marconi was initially credited, and most believe him to be the inventor of radio to this day. However, the Supreme Court overturned Marconi’s patent in 1943, when it was proven that Tesla invented the radio years previous to Marconi.
5. Remote Control – This invention was a natural outcropping of radio. Patent No.613809 was the first remote controlled model boat, demonstrated in 1898.
6. Electric Motor – Tesla’s invention of the electric motor has finally been popularized by a car brandishing his name.
7. Robotics – Tesla’s overly enhanced scientific mind led him to the idea that all living beings are merely driven by external impulses.
8. Laser – Tesla’s invention of the laser may be one of the best examples of the good and evil bound up together within the mind of man.
9 and 10. Wireless Communications and Limitless Free Energy – These two are inextricably linked, as they were the last straw for the power elite — what good is energy if it can’t be metered and controlled?

Tesla had perhaps thousands of other ideas and inventions that remain unreleased. A look at his hundreds of patents shows a glimpse of the scope he intended to offer.

www.wakingtimes.com...
I read a book on Tesla's life in the late 60s.. Always found him someone of note and much under appreciated

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There were far too many people involved in the invention of "radio" to be credited to just one person... thats my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Tesla has always been a hero of mine since I was little. He was a true scientist and inventor, -Unlike the many thieves and patent scammers who ripped off his ideas. There's many things we use today that wouldn't be possible had it not been for this great man.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
end of the day thanks for HAARP chemtrails and batman

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Another Bull Crap thread about Tesla. He didn't invent half of those things that you have listed. I can't be bothered to link them all but lets start for the first one, AC Current :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
6. Electric Motor – Tesla’s invention of the electric motor has finally been popularized by a car brandishing his name.

Well, at least the AC motor. There were other electric motors around before Tesla perfected his AC motor. As 'FraternitasSaturni' mentioned above about radio, many people were involved in the invention of electric motors. 60 years prior to Tesla's work with the AC motor, Michael Faraday is generally credited with the idea of the "electromagnetic self-rotor", which is a fancy term for electric motor (i.e., electric current causing magnets to rotate, and that rotation being put to work to do things).

In fact, years before Tesla perfected his AC motor, there were DC motors powering machinery in some light industrial settings -- and there was even a concept model of an electric car.

It's also ironic that while Tesla is credited for perfecting the AC motor, the "Tesla" automobiles that bear his name use DC motors.

7. Robotics – Tesla’s overly enhanced scientific mind led him to the idea that all living beings are merely driven by external impulses.

I'm not sure what exact definition of "robot" you are using, but again, there were many people involved with the development of automated machines that can move and do things.

Mechanical automatons had been around for centuries prior to Tesla. Many of these used clockworks for their movements, and others relied on hydraulics and/or pneumatics. The 12th and 13th century Arabic inventor al-Jazari, who is credited with inventing various water pumps, used water to power his various robotic devices -- such as a humanoid automaton that served drinks, one that offered people soap and towels automatically, and a humanoid-looking musical band that played instruments.

Around the same time, the Chinese were creating similar robots using similar methods of power. Leonardo DaVinci later built upon Al-Jazari's work, and other makers of robotic automatons built on that work, but using clockwork mechanisms to power the robots.

It seems Tesla also built upon these ideas, and he DID developed the first radio-controled robotics, but he did not "invent" robotics.

edit on 5/26/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
There were far too many people involved in the invention of "radio" to be credited to just one person... thats my opinion anyway.

Ah but in fact Tesla's electricity was released into the air by a transponder that was capable of sending out various frequencies and his was the 1st to my knowledge.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A transponder in the Websters is a radio.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: 727Sky

In fact, years before Tesla perfected his AC motor, there were DC motors powering machinery in some light industrial settings -- and there was even a concept model of an electric car.

It's also ironic that while Tesla is credited for perfecting the AC motor, the "Tesla" automobiles that bear his name use

True abut the car but that was more a function of the automakers choices not Tesla himself. Must have been cheaper to build them with the available mass production 6v DC generators. Are we not still using 12v DC in cars and trucks?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Cant decide if tesla has been blown out of proportion here as he is being credited for inventing anything under the sun during his time at least

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

I refer to my earlier post.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Another Bull Crap thread about Tesla. He didn't invent half of those things that you have listed. I can't be bothered to link them all but lets start for the first one, AC Current :-

en.wikipedia.org...

I have studied Tesla and own his patent book. Seems plausible to me that you are wrong. We have proof of some of these things you mock. Do you consider an improvement on an idea not worthy of being called an invention is my only rationale for your opinion?

I would add that Albert Einstein reviewed patents of Nicola Tesla and found them sound.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
tesla was by far, the most brilliant in the field of "applied" sciences....he was so far ahead of his time, that upon his death, the government itself, confiscated much of his work, and it has not been made public since....he died on jan. 7, 1943, and 71 years later, they still will not release his documents, they remain classified...what could be so important to remain classified after 71 years?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

I have studied Tesla and own his patent book. Seems plausible to me that you are wrong. We have proof of some of these things you mock. Do you consider an improvement on an idea not worthy of being called an invention is my only rationale for your opinion?

I would add that Albert Einstein reviewed patents of Nicola Tesla and found them sound.

Answer me one question. If Tesla invented AC current ( which he didn't) then why was the worlds first AC Generating Power Station built in England and not The U.S. ?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Cant decide if tesla has been blown out of proportion here as he is being credited for inventing anything under the sun during his time at least

It's both.

Tesla was in fact a genius who had many great discoveries/developments who -- along with others -- helped lay the foundations for the technological society we have today.

However, there are people who do blow him out of proportion, too. A case in point would be the article in the OP that said the Tesla "invented Robotics" and "invented the electric motor". Both of those assertions would be untrue, and are exaggerations.

He certainly helped perfect the electric motor, but the actual idea for the electric motor (using an electric current to turn a magnet and create motion) came from Michael Faraday several decades earlier.

Those exaggerations are actually serving to HURT Tesla's legacy rather than helping it. people can see right through those exaggerations for what they are -- bull crap/bollocks -- and then because of that begin doubt anything else they hear about Tesla, eevn stuff that may actually be a real and true example of his genius.

edit on 5/26/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
tesla was by far, the most brilliant in the field of "applied" sciences....he was so far ahead of his time, that upon his death, the government itself, confiscated much of his work, and it has not been made public since....he died on jan. 7, 1943, and 71 years later, they still will not release his documents, they remain classified...what could be so important to remain classified after 71 years?

Michael Faraday was twice the Scientist that was Tesla. Look at what Faraday achieved compared to Tesla.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Tesla is over hyped and overblown. Tesla only improved what others had done before him.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Tesla is over hyped and overblown. Tesla only improved what others had done before him.

Improved?

You mean make it work for long range transmission with stability.

I will only mention that you link info from an establishment that has questionable reliability. Not to mention that the mainstream peoples/establishment such as Edison/Westinghouse that went out of their way to riphim off and discredit his very name.

Yeah I read the firsth wikipedia link you posted, it seems odd that they only briefly mentioned the man, even though he basically made long range ac current distribution possible. Which is why I guess you used that link.

Overblown, no way. Shamed into almost non eexistent brilliance that for someoneof his brilliance deserves more credit than is actually given to him in the mainstream.

Did he invent it, no. He made it possible to use it over a wide and broad area with reliability so that everyone could use it.

Hence according to your "wiki" link above the people before him had problems with ac current that they were using at the time.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

British scientist Sebastian de Ferranti was years ahead of Tesla regarding AC Power. He designed the worlds first AC Power Station, Deptford East that opened in 1891.

en.wikipedia.org...

As i said earlier, Tesla just nicked other peoples ideas and claimed them for himself.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Tesla was so secretive and cryptic that its difficult to know for sure what he invented. He spoke about using "negative resistors" in his early radio receivers and claimed signals from the thunderstorms on Saturn and Jupiter could be heard above the noise floor. Strange patent method.

Scientists like Faraday and James Clerk Maxwell were better documented and less controversial. Maxwell was also a poet, hard to create much of a conspiracy when Maxwell probably had the approval of the house of Goethe.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It is interesting to note that Westinghouse had a problem implementing Tesla's AC Generator and so Westinghouse invented the first solid state power rectifier diode (way before the first transistor and vacuum tubes). This feat is equal to anything that Tesla did, but Westinghouse (who employed Tesla) was not a self promoter like Tesla.

My point is that Tesla was not a sole genius living in an intellectual vacuum. He had access to prior scientific and technical data from Faraday, Maxwell and many others (Note that Maxwell's equations completely describe every invention that Tesla ever made) and was surrounded by similar pioneers like Hertz, Westinghouse, Marconi, Edison and Einstein.

There is no equation, scientific discovery or theory that bears Tesla's name.

Tesla was a genius, technologist, dreamer and inventor but most of what he visualized was just plain wrong, which is why we don't have wireless power transmission today. It simply doesn't work efficiently enough to be commercial.

edit on 26/5/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join