It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda predicts US invasion of Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am just posting this because it's interesting, not because I trust Pravda as a source. They think the abduction of hundreds of girls will be used as a pretext for a war for oil. I know Nigeria is a country where oil companies have had numerous conflicts with locals attacking pipelines and such for various reasons.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
would not surprise me, our intersts lie with our corporations, so naturally while everyone watches tv, we will bring democracy to nigeria. Plus it would help them try and get more of Africa than China so this is definitely feasible

Merica # Yea, ah Team America is a great movie

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmFriday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSaturday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Lack of modern navy, check. Lack of modern airforce, check. Lack of an organized, strong modern military, check. Far enough away from home no one will question TPTB's story, check. Ethnically, different than those at home in the US, to prevent relating with the suffering the USA will cause there, check. Religiously different from those at home in the us, to prevent moral sympathy, check...

Yep, pretty much every box is ticked in favor of this prediction. Nigeria, is too poor and underpowered to defend itself from the US invasion and they are ethnically and religiously different than the US. It's perfect.

/shoots self.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How prescient of Pravda......wasn't this an obvious one in the making?
If you haven't cast a glance at Africa in terms of military involvement to support the corporate agenda....then please do so...it wont be peripheral for much longer......

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The fact is if it happens we just make a mudhole an even bigger one its better that trying to go toe to toe with the angry bear or the red dragon
better than WW3
And no that wasnt racist it was realist

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
"...a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money"

I think it's all good though.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Interesting - I seem to recall a very recent OutCry for U.S. military action in said regards.
Not that I don't see the down-side, as well... But, it's kind of interesting how quickly sentiment/s can change.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Alot of power is looking towards Africa soon enought, some want to go bomb them huts flat... some going to make deals for better future, will see who will be faster.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Interesting - I seem to recall a very recent OutCry for U.S. military action in said regards.
Not that I don't see the down-side, as well... But, it's kind of interesting how quickly sentiment/s can change.

I was just think the same thing.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

Caveat

Shell-BP and other developers in the pursuit for commercially available petroleum found oil in Nigeria in 1956. Prior to the discovery of oil, Nigeria like many other African countries strongly relied on agricultural exports to other countries to supply their economy. Many Nigerians thought the developers were looking for—palm oil.[2] But after nearly 50 years searching for oil in the country, Shell-BP discovered the oil at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta. Wishing to utilize this newfound oil opportunity, the first oil field began production in 1958.[3] After that, the economy of Nigeria would have seemingly experienced a strong increase. However, competition for the profits that oil produces has created a great level of terror and conflict for those living in the region.

edit on 24-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The US does not like to act directly in Africa they prefer to do through proxies mostly the Afican Union. NATO and the AU have signed more cooperation agreements as of late that allow them to support each other. AU puts the boots on the ground and NATO provides supply, transport and technical support. Even the French who are the most active in Africa prefer to leave quickly and turn things over to AU. The US will not be invading anybody in Africa anytime soon.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nigeras govermnet is allied with the USA is it not?

If there is American involvement its likely to be American troops coming over to work with the Nigerian government not invade.

But as the poster above me states its likely to be confined to just trainers and advisers and maybe a few black special ops.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is probably the one country I would favor invading for the sole purposing of destroying Boko Haram. The latter group has slaughtered thousands of christians and burned hundreds of churches to the ground. Of course this was fine for the Obama administration, who probably favors Boko Haram anyway, since they are brothers, ie Islamic terrorists.

Unfortunately it is highly unlikely justice will be served by the US military. Obama favors regime change that benefits his oligarch overlords. Nigeria is not likely to be on that list, unless they feel they need to disrupt it's oil production for some more disaster capitalism profits.

new topics

top topics

join