It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What irks me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was going to start a rant about one subject & I think it might make me venture onto another so bare with me.

Evolution Vs. Creationism. What really really irks me is how for a lot of people, it's either Evolution or Creationism, there's no in between.
Through life experiences (mainly pertaining to illnesses) I have come to the belief in a higher power. I'm told that I would fall under the category of Agnostic for my beliefs but I don't like to lump myself into a group. Anyways, I also can see the existence of Evolution, both in history & currently.
I hate how most people demand that you be one or the other. That because their is a God, evolution doesn't exist. What if God (or whatever you want to call him) started the Big Bang (or how everything started) & then let evolution take over?? Evolution is everywhere & just because you believe in it, doesn't mean that you can't believe in a God, it just means the bible was wrong. (Another reason I don't trust the bible & think it's a book about morals, not factual events.)

The other thing that irks me, is when you are debating theories with someone & they tell you that you are wrong. The whole point of a theory is that it is unknown so yes you could be wrong but you could also be right. With how little we truly know about anything/everything, it's ludicrous & arrogant to make claims that we know the answer about things we can not see (like the multiverse or life after death). When we die, we don't know what is going to happen so don't argue that you know, just because your bible says so. (after all, if God doesn't really exist, neither does the bible)

So from now on, please remember, we don't know everything/anything so keep an open mind & don't knock other peoples theories.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Your preaching to the choir. Curious though, what is this current evolution you see? And how can you hate someone for making such a simple choice?? Contradicting yourself on your whole theory rant pal.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I hate how most people demand that you be one or the other.

Only two types of people. Open minded and closed minded. If you are talking to someone that says "I am open minded but not so much that my brain falls out" something to that effect, run as far away as possible! Not worth it, really.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beautyofperil

Your preaching to the choir. Curious though, what is this current evolution you see? And how can you hate someone for making such a simple choice?? Contradicting yourself on your whole theory rant pal.

There is this octopus, (I think it lives near Florida) and a marine biologist has been studying them for 20+yrs. He has noticed that they have evolved because they have dramatically changed their diet. Because they are getting more omega fatty acids he has noticed a change in their behavior & intelligence levels. (I learned this from a documentary I watched a couple years ago that talked about lots of different octopi)

The biggest change we can see happening is human evolution.

I hate it when people force you to either believe in creationism or evolution & say that there can't be anything in between. Evolutionary evidence contradicts creationism, as well as the Earth contradicts creationism.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ya lol it is very annoying. But what makes you believe your so right to thrust hate upon a fellow brother or sister?
edit on 23-5-2014 by beautyofperil because: typeo

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ya lol it is very annoying. But what makes you believe your so right to thrust hate upon a fellow brother or sister?

it's not actual hate, I'm irked at the moment. It takes a lot for me to actually hate someone. Sure I can get annoyed & pissed off but hate is a big thing so I take it seriously. There is only one person in my life whom I hate & trust me, I've had really bad # done to me where people do deserve it but I don't hate them.

Plus I didn't say I hate them, I just hate the situation.
edit on 23-5-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Sorry that that happened to you, it happens to the best of us!

I wouldn't let it bother you. Haters gonna hate and likers gonna like! If they be hating on you demanding you choose one or the other I think you'd be better off with sarcasm really but without it if you agree to disagree because you know inside they are wrong and stubborn as mule so there is no point on expending precious energy getting worked up. The power of positive thinking I'd say will rue the day in your favor, no?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Sorry that that happened to you, it happens to the best of us!

I wouldn't let it bother you. Haters gonna hate and likers gonna like! If they be hating on you demanding you choose one or the other I think you'd be better off with sarcasm really but without it if you agree to disagree because you know inside they are wrong and stubborn as mule so there is no point on expending precious energy getting worked up. The power of positive thinking I'd say will rue the day in your favor, no?

Most of the time, calmer minds prevail but sometimes I need to vent. It's healthy & I didn't hurt anyone or myself.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Your preaching to the choir. Curious though, what is this current evolution you see? .

I know I already responded to this but I just watched BBC Planet Earth: Caves.
In the Gomantong Cave, are eyeless, subterranean creatures, such as the Texas blind salamander, a (eyeless) species of crab & angel fish (not like the ones you are used to seeing). These 3 creatures have evolved over time to have no eyes, you can still tell with some, where there eyes used to be. They also have lost the pigment in their skin.

top topics

join