It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz drops bombshell: Senate Democrats to ‘repeal the First Amendment’ this year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What you mean is there are plenty of RINOS who lean a bit left toward the Democrats, and you think they will do just great as candidates because they are just like voting Democrat? Why am I not surprised.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Too much more on Constitution Amendments and the people living the the USA will all end up again as the subjects to the old ruling familes of the European Royals and their elitist worms.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

As I said and no one disagreed thus far...Ted Cruz has no right to be trying to get his proverbial hat in the ring for president. He was born in Canada. Therefore not a "natural born citizen" as the Holy Constitution states.
Remember that as he tries to run. He can't. And if he does and you defend him...you are arguing against that very document.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

What you mean is there are plenty of RINOS who lean a bit left toward the Democrats, and you think they will do just great as candidates because they are just like voting Democrat? Why am I not surprised.

Be surprised....

The American electorate tends to be moderate in both parties. If the Right wing wants to continue to be extreme Christian theologically based; then they will lose elections and continue to be the crybaby losers always playing the victim card.

The Libertarians will eventually get stronger, become more mainstream and kick the extreme Right wing Conservatives to the curb.

Adapt or die. But please stop the pathetic whining............

edit on 24-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well to be fair to Cruz, he is Canadian. Perhaps he doesn't understand the Constitution of his adopted land.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Sometimes I think Ted Cruz is actively posting here on ATS. Some of the threads are so full of right wing propaganda it's down right embarrassing and the saddest part is that the majority of the members here take them as facts because it exposes the EVIL LIBERAL AGENDA!!

Tell you what...

First let me get this out of the way. I am an independent thinker as well as voter, so sling whatever you want because it ain't gonna stick on me.

Posts like yours are a prime example of why I've come to understand the genius of Ann Coulter. The Left can applaud the wisdom of Bill Maher all they want, but all I see is a sarcastic Lib who wears a "comedian" disguise. Next time you catch yourself grinding your teeth because of Coulter, take a moment to consider that you are looking into the only effective mirror I know of to hold in front of self-righteous Lib/Democrats. Is she obnoxious, YES! Is she narrow-minded, , YES! Does she say things outrageously ignorant, YES! I could go on but hopefully I don't have to draw you a picture. Ann Coulter is the mirror image of what the Liberal/Democrat portion of our country has become. Hate her all you want, but be self-aware enough to realize that she looks, sounds and acts just like a Liberal/Democrat only she's 180 degrees from where you're standing.

Make no mistake, all the modern day talk about bullies is only window dressing for the weak-minded. The TRUE bullies are firmly in control.

You only have to look at the recent examples of protested guest speakers at graduations to see how true that is. If you are someone who makes their living play acting at being a human being in front of a camera, no problem, you are surely full of words of wisdom. Got some ideas that could turn our country into something unrecognizable? Like they say on the game show, "COME ON DOWN!!!!!" The last thing in the world that what is currently called education wants is to have someone come in at the last minute and possibly undo the dumbing down/brain washing that's been done even a little bit.

Your d@mned right money equals free speech. The Left just wants to be in control the purse strings. They pretty well have control of education and the media, as it is. Now all they need to do is make it impossible for anyone that disagrees with them to communicate their ideas to enough people to threaten their agenda and we're well on our way to that "Workers Paradise" they've yearned for so many years.

Now I see that the prez is blaming those short-sighted old Founding Fathers for creating a system that is cramping his style. Read it here.

I can identify with the remark that the crowd running things aren't "Your Grandpa's" Democrats. I'm starting to be ashamed to admit that I've voted for so many over the years. That's not happening again even if it means I have to cast a protest vote! Compromise has become as old-fashioned as taking responsibility for any damage your agendas cause.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Well to be fair to Cruz, he is Canadian. Perhaps he doesn't understand the Constitution of his adopted land.

Yeah, you're right. We should cut him some slack.

Now if he were, oh... let's say a "Constitutional Scholar and professor, maybe he would be expected to honor the intent of those who wrote it.

Thank goodness we don't have anyone in power who fits that description but chooses to see it as just another obstacle to work around!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

Yeah, you're right. We should cut him some slack.

Now if he were, oh... let's say a "Constitutional Scholar and professor, maybe he would be expected to honor the intent of those who wrote it.

Thank goodness we don't have anyone in power who fits that description but chooses to see it as just another obstacle to work around!

You guys crack me up. You can turn any unrelated topic into a paranoid bash in one sentence or less.

What I also find hilarious is that the same people that scream from the rooftops about Obama not being legitimate because he was not born in America in their eyes, express in the same breath why Cruz IS entitled to run for office.

You are being manipulated by your hate. Take your mind and your decision making power back. It is not about left/right, Dem/Rep, Liberal/Conservative it is about what is best for the country.

Quit cheering for a political party like it is your favourite sports team.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You guys crack me up. You can turn any unrelated topic into a paranoid bash in one sentence or less.

Likewise.

What I also find hilarious is that the same people that scream from the rooftops about Obama not being legitimate because he was not born in America in their eyes, express in the same breath why Cruz IS entitled to run for office.

Amazing... I wouldn't presume to speak for you, but you seem to have the ability to read minds (excluding mine).

You are being manipulated by your hate. Take your mind and your decision making power back. It is not about left/right, Dem/Rep, Liberal/Conservative it is about what is best for the country.

Quit cheering for a political party like it is your favourite sports team.

There are a lot of people I dislike, but I can't think of anyone that I come close to hating. Your comment about parties is apropos. The Left/Right stuff is tearing the country apart. Originally, representing your fellow countrymen was intended to be a temporary service and then you would return to private life. The fact that we've had people in Dee Cee 50+ years kinda shows how out of hand it has all become. Like the saying goes, "I'm open to the possibility that honest men and women go to Washington, but very few come back." I'm proud of our former governor, Evan Bayh, for walking away from that whole sludge-fest.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ted Cruz is a demagogue. He knows he is not speaking with facts but is speaking with inflammatory rhetoric. He loves, when accused of this, to use the word “purported”, as in, “Well, I never said that’s what it really says.” This bothers some people who want to stick to facts.

IMO Ted doesn’t hear voices in his head, but his mind runneth over with an imagination that takes him to some pretty weird places and fills his mind with some pretty weird ideas. I’m sure he “imagined” what that resolution would lead to.

I think Texas had endorsers’ and voters’ regret; Kay B H referred to party “outliers”, and the thinking at the time he ran was he would govern as she did and not implement a personal agenda. Alas…

I’ll bet anything that his dad, Rafael Cruz, was attending this fringe conservative event. Rafael is a Dominionist, and has even “anointed” Ted to lead the Way. It’s a father-son religious vaudeville act. To Rafael and Ted, government and religion are One, and each should support the other.

God bless these people, for they know not what they are doing. God save us, if they take on any more govt influence/power!

edit on 24-5-2014 by desert because: grammer

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If this happens i fully support America tearing itself apart and hunting these individuals who thought scrapping the list of admendments would be a good idea.

Also, The old farts who are trying to change this arn't founding fathers and never will be.

They all lack the intense intellect and mindset of the founding fathers of America.

It was THEM the found fathers of America who decides what is best for America.

Since a majority of American problems arrised in the 50s. And progressed even further until now into the 20s Its safe to say that any and all problems can be blamed on the current democratic and republic systems are really to blame for the current state of America.

Point is, The current house oh senate has no authority on this matter because they are not mature enough morally to cope with such a task as deeming what should and should not be on the charter of rights.

Therefore i fully support Chaos and destuction if this occures.
And a good witch hunt. Il be watching from the canadian news spies as fall of America occures on national news.
This will all be caused by some old farts gripping onto their last thousand breaths hoping to make a mark in history by being a huge !@#$, By being a terrorist and communist scumbag.

The citizens of the US should hang these indiviuals as LAWS should and are still in effect for traitors.

I believe these indivifiuals are acting under the guise of traitorious inititives. And Therefore must be hung.

Preferably on the salem witch tree, As a mojority of these traitors are owl worshipping cultists who give praise to the devil..

We used to burn/stone/hang/ and lacerate people like this.
Where has the peoples mob mentality went huh? Wheres the torches and pitch forks?
Rabble! Come on say it along with me .RABBBLE!!!!! RABBBLLEEE RABBBBLEEE RABBBBBLEEEE

Well if there is no hanging they should at least be thrown in jail... lol
edit on 24-5-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Probubally the same bill that's gonna let Obama run for a 3rd term.... Some people believe anything. Lmao

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

No ones trying to do this. Some people just believe ANYTHING bad they hear about those they hate. I think the Christian conspiracy sites are the worst. They play off the fact you believe in something and turn it against you. Making y'all look mildly retarded for what y'all buy into.

Ps. Shiria law is not comming. ;p

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Glad another "weapon of mass ignorance" jumped the shark. Away with ye. Who's next?
oooooohhhh the irony. I think you used the opposite for the meaning behind "jump the shark" Fonzi wants his legacy back

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I feel like the 1st Amendment is already censored.

With PC and loose definitions of hate and racism speech, we have to be careful what we say because we might hurt someone's feelings. It is real and we often can not have intelligent productive discussions and debates because of the politically correctness.

There are real gaps in education among the different races in the US, yet that is not discussed often and when it does it is met with great resistance by the PC police.

Did you know a passing score on Florida's FCAT is dependent on one's race?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

His mother was born in the US and a natural born citizen. That makes him a natural born citizen. It's the exact same reason why the Obama birther argument fails. Even if they could prove he was born in Kenya (which he wasn't) he'd still be a natural born citizen.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

no; the first amendment is not censored by "PC definitions"; there are still KKK rallies, there are westboro baptists protests, there are still all these hateful things. These are protected under the 1st amendment.

You are not protected in making a death threat, you are not protected if you intend to slander/ruin someones reputation. You are not protected if you wish to incite violence or intimidation on an individual or a group of individuals.

Then there are broadcasting standards; which were put in place by fundimentalist christians/their elected representatives in the late 1920's, mostly because they didn't want people talking about stuff that conflicted with their ideology on the airwaves.

Personally I feel most of these "race"-alligned things are misguided, as its not race that is the issue, its social/economic-class. there might be some correlation between race and class (as in some demographics might fall more into one level of income than another). I think Race and gender neutrality should be in place. That is off topic though.
edit on 24-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Do you really believe freedom of the press exists in the US?

How about the right to peacefully assemble? ( I understand the right to peacefully assemble does not give one the right to block a city/state roadway, or block a building in such a way that in creates a fire hazard, ect, ect, ect)

edit on 24-5-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

the press can print whatever the heck they want, the printing part isn't the issue.\

the issue is Public Relations, anad access to information

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

Miss you Sarah!!!

I wonder what she's seeing in Russia from her backyard nowadays....?

You are embarrassing yourself. She didn't say that.
edit on 24-5-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join