It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of public fires gun of abandoned Ukrainian tank in street.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

Basically, it appears as though a Ukrainian BMP armoured personnel carrier either stalled or broke down for some reason on the streets of a town called Mariupol......It does happen, I suppose............What doesn't normally happen is that the crew then just leave it where it is, unlocked, fuelled up and fully armed! With, by the look of it, a round in the chamber of the 30mm cannon!!!

jalopnik.com...

What amazes me is the way that the public open the rear doors and basically loot anything they can get their hands on. Then of course, there's the doofus who thought that it would be a good idea to get into the turret and pull the trigger on the cannon. What a d*ckhead.

I just can't imagine anything like this happening on the streets of a civilised Western country. Absolutely amazing.

edit on 23/5/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

If your nation was as close to a full blown war with a nation so much larger than your own, I reckon you would stock up on protective gear, ammo, gas masks, and sundry other gear as often as possible. The fact that there was a tank on active duty in that area at all means that the normal expectations of behaviour and decorum hardly apply in this case.

I salute their initiative to be honest!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It just shows a different mentality IMO. It's called looting. Still, the old lady carrying away a box made me laugh. There was no way she was going to give that box up!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I just can't imagine anything like this happening on the streets of a civilised Western country. Absolutely amazing.

Then your imagination has been tainted, as this would definitely occur on the streets, L.A. to London...Hell, most fools located in those Western Countries would have probably re-loaded and fired it again and again. Taking full advantage of their 2nd amendment rights..!

BTW - the term 'Civilized' has become a Misnomer.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: facelift

I honestly don't think so. You may have the few scumbags who will take advantage of anything but you wouldn't have old people piling into the back of an armoured vehicle and stealing things.

BTW, I think you'll find that most of the world don't have '2nd amendment rights'.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

BTW, I think you'll find that most of the world don't have '2nd amendment rights'.

I understand that...I was taking a jab at my own. If I can't make fun of the current social and political environment I reside in, then I shouldn't make fun of anything - and I like to make fun of things.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I just thought you were being US-centric! My apologies.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I would be the guy to fire the tank if it were just parked in the street abandoned. I would wait until the middle of the night to do so, and wake every living soul up in the town, and have a lot of them needing new sheets. I would never do all of this in actual life, but it sounded fun in my head. XP

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would totally do this.

I've always wanted my own tank. Assuming I had a clear shot at something safe, heck yes I'd fire that cannon!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You know you really really should rethink reality. Westerners send tanks to foreign countries and do not shoot in the sky they shoot innocent people defending their country. Then they do not just steal what they can find in the tank, they loot the whole #1ng country. Get real.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

This.

And whatever is in that ladies box she knew what she was looking for.she dug thru a bunch of stuff to find that box

And then she is out

And reappears after the shot is fired. It seems. Looks like shes one of the first to rush in and help the old man

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now, let me clarify something..........I would LOVE to drive the tank and fire the gun.........just not in a city centre street with lots of people around!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

I presume you're replying to me? Let me tell you, mate, my grasp on reality is far greater than yours seems to be. You seem to be in some alternate reality. You've obviously taken a dislike to me so why don't you get real and take your bad attitude somewhere else.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Hope she put that box somewhere safe. I've got a feeling that it contained something pretty dangerous.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I fault the idiotic CREW for leaving a locked and loaded APC,they should have at least CLEARED the gun.It shows they didn't care for the locals. Or it was done on purpose.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Because it's, what, green? Is that the logic?
A grown up wouldn't be able to lift a crate of ammo that size, let alone lift it up to his chest with just one hand, and on a bent hand too, like she did. Superwoman or crate is empty or just contains army rations for the crew, not ammo. А 30mm round for the APC's gun weighs around 800 grams. Do you imagine a subtile woman like that lifting a 3-4 kilo wooden crate with at least five of those? Using just one hand. Hell, many would struggle to do she same with just the empty crate.

Oh no, it's an army crate! And it's green! It's gonna randomly explode!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Guilty. I would also be the one behind the trigger of the gun. Finally taking care of the crack house down the street. Except I would be tempted to reload as well and take out the nosy neighbors house as well, the one who needs to mow his lawn at 9:00 at night when we just put the baby to bed on a hot summer night with the windows open.....

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What good is a trigger if it doesn't get pulled? The tank operators need a good spanking. How does someone just leave a piece of war machinery sitting in the middle of the street with the doors unlocked and a cannon loaded? Idiots at their finest.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Knowing me i would see how much damage i would do before leaving hell who knows they might have left an assilt rifle if nothing else military grade rounds

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dickheads INC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join