It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Hankering to Murder Someone? Here’s How to Do it Legally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Got a Hankering to Murder Someone? Here’s How to Do it Legally : Very bizarre but seemingly legal loop hole in the system.. I'll let you decide...LOL

There’s long been a rumor that you can do anything you want in international waters. This is untrue, of course, as you’re still subject to the laws of your own country. Murder a man in international waters and when you get to shore, you will be prosecuted as sure as if you jacked that poor sucker up in downtown Wichita. But what if there were a more lawless place? A more wild and untamed zone of madness? What if it was in Yellowstone? (Pro tip: it’s in Yellowstone). In 1995, Michigan State law professor Brian Kalt discovered something just this side of insane. There is a 50 square mile zone in Yellowstone Park where, legally, there is no law.

Got a Hankering to Murder Someone? Here’s How to Do it Legally

edit on 23-5-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Fixed source link.

+7 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

Of you could, not for nothing, join the military or become a cop...

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well... funnily enough... if you go to the city of York in the UK, you can still legally kill a Scotsman... providing he is carrying a bow and arrow :

Peculiar laws allowing the killing of Scotsmen in York (providing they are carrying a bow and arrow), forbidding anyone from dying in the houses of parliament and permitting women to go topless in Liverpool - if, that is, they work as a clerk in a tropical fish shop - survived the Queen's speech yet again yesterday.

More here : www.theguardian.com...

AND... this will be a biggie for all those in the USA... A pregnant woman in the UK can ask a policeman to hand his helmet over to her to piddle in and he cannot refuse... apparently :

Some feedback here : www.theguardian.com...

and here concerning "Dead" laws in the UK : www.independent.co.uk...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So, ya I am calling BS.

This would not ever stand, just because you have a 6 th amendment right to demand a trial by a jury from the district the crime was committed in, and nobody lives in yellow stone doesn't mean you can kill in Yellowstone and escape prosecution.

Otherwise, Alaska would also be a great spot, as there are many places with nobody, or at a minimum, not enough for a jury.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Can't say much, rushing to make my flight to UK with my pregnant girl, can't refuse to let her diddle in it you say?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Lol the article even says some dude has been trying for a decade or more to get the law changed and they haven't done it, wonder why that is? Perhaps Dick Cheneys bird hunting grounds lol

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

Can't say much, rushing to make my flight to UK with my pregnant girl, can't refuse to let her diddle in it you say?

Please... Do not... I REPEAT... DO NOT ask the copper that she wants to poo in his helmet... this will not be appreciated...

However... you can order him to step into the gutter as he/she is a civil servant.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Or you could just do it in Texas and claim that the victim was trying to flee with $150 you paid for a service that wasn't rendered.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Or you could just do it in Texas and claim that the victim was trying to flee with $150 you paid for a service that wasn't rendered.

Just a question... Buffalo?... Just asking as enquiring about your avatar name : RAOB : en.wikipedia.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23/5/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Good idea I am already in Texas.

Now, I have never been to Craig's list, where do I find the steal your money and run hooker section? Is there a link to the ones my pre go girl can diddle on?

This story is so much fun to mess around with, this is net trolling without the butt hurt and rage.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Getting the target to Yellowstone would be a bit of a problem. It would be easier just to build a drone and declare them domestic terrorists. Easier still, just have them swatted.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I still think "hunting accident" is your best bet. Just be sure to get the spatter pattern right, like your gun "accidentally" goes off while you're climbing through a fence. And try to act appropriately emotionally traumatized. Keep the laughing and dancing to a minimum.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Trials have been moved to other places before when there is jury issues. Why wouldn't they do that?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I still think "hunting accident" is your best bet. Just be sure to get the spatter pattern right, like your gun "accidentally" goes off while you're climbing through a fence. And try to act appropriately emotionally traumatized. Keep the laughing and dancing to a minimum.

Hunting accidents are a favorite of Darth Cheney!

Just a question... Buffalo?... Just asking as enquiring about your avatar name

Nope, I'm not a member of any fraternal orders or secret societies... or am I?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's not legal to kill a Scotsman with a bow and arrow in York - but you are indeed free to kill a Welshman in Cathedral Close, Hereford - providing you choose a Sunday and use a long bow! Similarly, you can shoot a Welshman in Chester - assuming you use a bow and arrow, remain within the city walls and it's after midnight.

It's the only way to deal with those bloody Welsh!

Quickly looking into this suggests that both of these laws are still valid - although I very much suspect they Police would find some way of charging you, even if you did follow the statute to the letter.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The article did not provide enough information. From what I read, this part of the Sixth Amendment would seemingly be violated:

by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed

However, the clause immediately following could be fulfilled:

which district shall have been previously ascertained by law

Although it definitely does sound like sloppiness, if the district was previously ascertained, then there would be no strict violation of the Constitution, since the United States Supreme Court has a funny way of "catering" the Constitution to fit their needs.

It sounds to me that the aristocracy paid someone off for such a loophole. As Daniel Tosh poked fun at, he mused, "Why aren't there any sex crimes being committed in the Purge?" If the rich and the elite wanted someone killed off, they would just pay someone to do it. But if they wanted to have sex with a minor, well, they gotta be a little more careful with that. The rich and the elite partaking in "forbidden" pleasures (that society forbids) is no secret at all, ie. Jimmy Saville.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Great.

Thanks!!!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Interesting how they went straight to "murder." I read this:

There is a 50 square mile zone in Yellowstone Park where, legally, there is no law.

and immediately thought "Wow, sounds like a perfect spot to poach deer, elk, bison, bears, and wolves." then I further thought: "Hell, no laws means nothing to legally block a man from homesteading the area, either."

The fact that so many peoples' minds go straight to murder when confronted with the potential of no laws sort of serves as a testimonial to why this country has so damn many laws.

:smh:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'll have to double check, but it used to be a hanging offense in Texas to be a sodomite or a horse thief. 'Sodomite' doesn't just mean being a homosexual, it includes any "unnatural" sex act.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
heres a little hang up with that murdering in yellowstone. Its similiar to the international waters situation. when you leave that area you become liable for the murder.

Now for Texas. lol They have some pretty messed up laws but its still on the books. You can also legally kill your wifes lover in bed by saying you thought he was raping her. even if the bullet goes through an d kills your wife too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join