It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 of all pregnancies end in abortion in Detroit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If one third of all pregnancies end in Detroit there must be a helluva line-up.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wow, before I read this I would have bet there was not a single successful industry in Detroit, now I know they have one....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

This may not be the ideal solution in everyone's opinion. But I personally see no other way around it and am glad for it.

Anyone who is complaining about this needs to think about the effects of 23,000 additional humans being created per year in just this one city. Our population needs to be 0% growth for a while. Even slightly negative would be better actually.

The morality issue is when a person uses abortion as birth control, also they are not paying for these abortions so tax dollars are paying 1000s per with the logic that it is better to spend 1000s now and not 10,000s after the baby is born in subsistence.

I personally have an issue with people whose bad behavior cost a lot of tax payer money with no consequences attached. Also, since we are down to abortions as birth control, might as well start up a body part farm since it seems we are just dumping any form of morality down the toilet.

Not to mention that in this case you're talking about 23,000 new babies being born in a totally crap ass place to be born right now. Massive poverty and all around sub standard environment and collapsing society.

This is actually a funny statement... I wonder what those babies vote would be if they had a choice of being born poor or not at all...lol

BTW a poor baby in America is still better off than about 80% of all babies born in the world...geez some people's view of it all...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The morality issue is when a person uses abortion as birth control, also they are not paying for these abortions so tax dollars are paying 1000s per with the logic that it is better to spend 1000s now and not 10,000s after the baby is born in subsistence.

Like I said, not ideal. Using actual birth control before you get knocked up would be better. Even better than that would be to educate them more and give them some opportunity to better their lives since it's been shown that people living in a higher class usually have less kids, but can also care for the ones they do have.

I personally have an issue with people whose bad behavior cost a lot of tax payer money with no consequences attached. Also, since we are down to abortions as birth control, might as well start up a body part farm since it seems we are just dumping any form of morality down the toilet.

Ya me too, but I think tax cheating corps. and illegal wars and spreading the American Empire is costing way more than social services are. If we could fix those first then I say we can work on things lower on the list of "money wasters".

I don't see how it's immoral to do what needs to be done. An overpopulated planet that eventually wipes out everything as the entire life sustaining system crashes in is a lot less moral than this. Plus like I've been saying, this isn't the only way to handle it, but I don't see any other ideas that have worked, so until there is one, what we've got is what we've got.

This is actually a funny statement... I wonder what those babies vote would be if they had a choice of being born poor or not at all...lol

Really, I don't find it funny at all. I'm sure it would vary, but I'm betting many of them would say, "No". I know I'd probably rather not be born into an environment that was in the process of imploding upon itself. Drugs, disease, poverty, gangs and little to no opportunity to escape it alive doesn't sound like something I'd run out and get tickets for.

BTW a poor baby in America is still better off than about 80% of all babies born in the world...geez some people's view of it all...

I'm guessing out of that 80% many of them wouldn't have chosen it either. Especially the ones who die of starvation, gang violence, abuse, etc.

Money is just one small part of it anyway. You can be poor and happy too. But in some situations that's not option and it's them I'm talking about. There is the way things should work and then there are how things are and they are almost never the same.
edit on 29-5-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Really, I don't find it funny at all. I'm sure it would vary, but I'm betting many of them would say, "No". I know I'd probably rather not be born into an environment that was in the process of imploding upon itself.

I would envision someone with an entitlement/narcissistic personality to believe anyone would say "no". Hell go back 100 years and by your view EVERYONE would have said "no way" to a life or death decision based on starting conditions...lol

I agree that a lot needs fixing but if you do not fix it from the ground up, as in starting with people who are the foundation of everything the rest will never be fixed.

Anyhow, science will fix all this most likely in a few decades or less. BTW we are over the who population explosion since we are actually experiencing a decrease population in many parts of the world. China, Europe, Japan etc are all going to experience problems in the next few decades as examples. I do not see the old model of 7 billion doubling in 50 years ever happening. I would bet that we will have well under 7 billion in 50 years due to just the cost of kids and the change in what is considered a traditional family, along with extremely good long lasting birth control for both men and women.

One thing science will not fix any time soon is the ignorant masses that makeup a good chunk of that 1/3 group that use abortions as birth control due to even they have little to live for other than getting laid every once in a while by some other ignorant smuck.

That group will surly continue to flourish and grow....

edit on 30-5-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I would envision someone with an entitlement/narcissistic personality to believe anyone would say "no". Hell go back 100 years and by your view EVERYONE would have said "no way" to a life or death decision based on starting conditions...lol

Well I'm not entitled by any means. Unless you want to count my "White Priviledge" I guess, but I didn't have a choice in that one. Never taken a dime from the Gov. nor anyone else that I haven't worked for. I certainly qualify for it too. But I wasn't raised that way as my generation typically looked down upon Government Handouts, generally speaking. Even though that stigma has changed now I still haven't and probably never will.

Narcissistic, maybe just a tiny bit, but I don't think saying "No" to being born a Crack Baby or a child who's life is filled with Violence or Neglect requires narcissistic traits to find it unappealing. The poverty side is just a single part of what I'm talking about here. Many other factors are also included.

I agree that a lot needs fixing but if you do not fix it from the ground up, as in starting with people who are the foundation of everything the rest will never be fixed.

I totally agree with that, although I'm not sure Fixing is the right way to say it. They aren't broken so much as they just need some help and education so that they understand how to find other choices in how to improve their lives other than popping out more kiddies. Until then however, allowing more children to pile up who live out unproductive lives just starts snowballing the problems bigger and bigger.

Anyhow, science will fix all this most likely in a few decades or less. BTW we are over the who population explosion since we are actually experiencing a decrease population in many parts of the world. China, Europe, Japan etc are all going to experience problems in the next few decades as examples. I do not see the old model of 7 billion doubling in 50 years ever happening. I would bet that we will have well under 7 billion in 50 years due to just the cost of kids and the change in what is considered a traditional family, along with extremely good long lasting birth control for both men and women.

That's very optimistic of you and I hope you're right. But even with scientific progress you can only have "growth" for so long within a finite system. So even though it is true that populations aren't growing like they have in the past, they are still growing. Even the people themselves aren't so much the problem as much as the resources used by them which is the real issue. The reason it's made it this long is only because the first world nations have been enjoying such an unequal amount of what's available while the rest of the world has been living on the scraps. Now they too are becoming more developed, which is great and certainly the right thing, however the amount of "stuff" that will be required for us all to live by the standards that are required are going to be massively and exponentially more than now and we can barely make it now.

One thing science will not fix any time soon is the ignorant masses that makeup a good chunk of that 1/3 group that use abortions as birth control due to even they have little to live for other than getting laid every once in a while by some other ignorant smuck.

That group will surly continue to flourish and grow....

Exactly my point. Even now, in India for example they are lowering their rate of growth with social programs. Introducing birth control has worked to some degree as well as education. Lives are lived longer and better and less kids are born since they now live a long life so you don't need to have 10 kids hoping that 5 make it past their teens. But it's not easy to change people and their culture. It takes a lot of time and effort and time is short and a lot of effort is being pushed back from those who don't want those changes for a variety of reasons.

The idea IMO is to reduce the population, not by killing it off, but by simply reducing the birth rate. Abortions aren't needed if you just use something to NOT get pregnant in the first place. Eventually with a smaller population and a society that is a bit more enlightened we could live in a world where there is enough to go around for everyone but without raping the planet and it's resources at the same time. Less people means each individual has greater value too. It's a win win, but the changes required are going to be difficult and take time. Even if science could keep up with the growth it won't matter because the more of us there are the less value is actually held within each individual and the masses are treated as expendable pawns. That is not a good way to go.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join