It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 of all pregnancies end in abortion in Detroit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
(post by smithjustinb removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well, I hope you feel better now that you got that off your chest!

When you come down to earth, maybe you can try to understand why so many women in Detroit feel that abortion's their only option.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

originally posted by: Elton
Or perhaps, if you live in a hellhole you realize that you do not want to bring a child into that.

Then they should take preventative measures. Hell get fixed if you realize you don't want to bring a child into that hellhole.

Exactly. If you're out having sex and you don't want children, it is irresponsible to not get fixed. If you don't get fixed and you become pregnant, it is irresponsible to abort that child. Not only is it a blatant moral issue, but its an issue of the supreme lack of responsibility. I am shocked that people believe you should not be held accountable for a child you have conceived. I can't believe it.

Then, they say, "its wrong to bring a child into the world if you're poor". What a load of crap. No. Its wrong to not get fixed if you can't afford a child and you're having sex. Its wrong to kill a fetus if you're poor. Give it up for adoption or something. There are plenty of programs that will ensure the kid will have a happy life. There are children that are born all over the world into poverty much more extreme than anything you'll see in America, and those children don't off themselves. Those children will protect themselves from people who would try to kill them. So what makes some of you people think its okay for you to decide to do something that they never would. That's a rhetorical question. I don't want to hear your disgusting, ludicrous rationale. Defending abortion in the case of poverty makes you a complete moron. Bar none. That goes for all of you.
edit on 23-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Elton
Or perhaps, if you live in a hellhole you realize that you do not want to bring a child into that.

Then they should take preventative measures. Hell get fixed if you realize you don't want to bring a child into that hellhole.

Exactly. If you're out having sex and you don't want children, it is irresponsible to not get fixed. If you don't get fixed and you become pregnant, it is irresponsible to abort that child. Not only is it a blatant moral issue, but its an issue of the supreme lack of responsibility. I am shocked that people believe you should not be held accountable for a child you have conceived. I can't believe it.

Then, they say, "its wrong to bring a child into the world if you're poor". What a load of crap. No. Its wrong to not get fixed if you can't afford a child and you're having sex. Its wrong to kill a fetus if you're poor. Give it up for adoption or something. There are plenty of programs that will ensure the kid will have a happy life. There are children that are born all over the world into poverty much more extreme than anything you'll see in America, and those children don't off themselves. Those children will protect themselves from people who would try to kill them. So what makes some of you people think its okay for you to decide to do something that they never would. That's a rhetorical question. I don't want to hear your disgusting, ludicrous rationale. Defending abortion in the case of poverty makes you a complete moron. Bar none. That goes for all of you.

Woah back your horse up!!! I didn't say anything in favor of abortion.!!!! I said "Then they should take preventative measures. Hell get fixed if you realize you don't want to bring a child into that hellhole." No where in that quote does it say go have an abortion. The only reason I think a person should have an abortion is if they or the baby will die. If you can't be bothered to take preventative measures & abort a baby (especially more than once) you should be forcibly fixed.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Then, they say, "its wrong to bring a child into the world if you're poor". What a load of crap. No. Its wrong to not get fixed if you can't afford a child and you're having sex.
Oh look, it's the responsibility argument.

What if she get's raped?

Oh, rapes are the majority of cases, we can use statistics to ignore that line of argument.

What if the contraception fails?

Oh, it was their fault anyway for not being extra vigilant or something.

Please.

The responsibility argument only works if the person you are trying to pursuade acknowledges the value of the unborn the same as you. Otherwise it's a moot point.

The act of intercourse only benefited a fertilized egg by bringing it into existence, and fertilization is neither illegal nor negligent, so no obligations of the actors can be derived from it (i.e. IVF clinics are under no obligation to store eggs indefinitely - even though some people claim they're "human beings", or at least pretend to).

ppl shouting at how poor ppl shouldn't be having sex, this, that other. . . Do you know the story of King Canute? As the tide came in he ordered it back. The king got wet feet.

Defending abortion in the case of poverty makes you a complete moron. Bar none. That goes for all of you.

A woman in the USA doesn't have to explain to you or anyone why she doesn't want to carry a pregnancy to term.

Again, the responsibility argument only works if the person you are trying to pursuade acknowledges the value of the unborn the same as you. Otherwise it's a moot point.

Anti-abortionists' moral objection to abortion relies on the belief that the z/e/f is a person and should be offered legal protection against abortion. This position has consistently failed to win support and undermine the legal provision of abortion. The right to privacy trumps any imaginary "right to life" pro-lifers proclaim.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Woah back your horse up!!! I didn't say anything in favor of abortion.!!!!

Woah, hold 'er back 'ere tonto! I didn't say you did. I addressed your comment, then I addressed others on the other side of the argument separately.
edit on 24-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

(post by smithjustinb removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats

Then, they say, "its wrong to bring a child into the world if you're poor". What a load of crap. No. Its wrong to not get fixed if you can't afford a child and you're having sex.

What if she get's raped?

Oh, rapes are the majority of cases, we can use statistics to ignore that line of argument.

Please.

Do you have to put words in my mouth to attempt to validate your argument? I'm not going to argue with you about any of this. If you are so twisted in your logic that you fail to see this as wrong, you are already way too far gone for me to waste time arguing. For someone to support an issue like this, defending something that common sense says should not be defended, using such weak logic, you are obviously not trying to use your head. If you support this issue, there is no hope for you.

All your doom-saying to me shows you have nothing left to offer let alone any counter-arguments above "your so lost" and "there is no hope for you".

If this is the best pro-lifers have to persuade an overruling to Roe v Wade than I'm not surprised it has stood 30+ years. "There is no hope for you". . . sheesh.
edit on 24-5-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

What if she get's raped?

Please.

Do you have to put words in my mouth to attempt to validate your argument? I'm not going to argue with you about any of this. If you are so twisted in your logic that you fail to see this as wrong, you are already way too far gone for me to waste time arguing. For someone to support an issue like this, defending something that common sense says should not be defended, using such weak logic, you are obviously not trying to use your head. If you support this issue, there is no hope for you.

All your doom-saying to me shows you have nothing left to offer let alone any counter-arguments above "your so lost" and "there is no hope for you".

If this is the best pro-lifers have to persuade an overruling to Roe v Wade than I'm not surprised it has stood 30+ years. "There is no hope for you". . . sheesh.

There isn't any hope. There's no use beating a dead horse.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Woah, hold 'er back 'ere tonto! I didn't say you did. I addressed your comment, then I addressed others on the other side of the argument separately.

For future reference, when switching from talking to one person who agrees with you to switching to a group who disagree with you, make it known that you are switching who you are addressing.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

For future reference, when switching from talking to one person who agrees with you to switching to a group who disagree with you, make it known that you are switching who you are addressing.

Yes sir.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes sir.

You don't need to be an ass about it. In the end your the one who benefits from it because people will be able to tell who you are talking to & there won't be mix up like you had with me.

Btw, if a girl was raped, that is a legit reason to have an abortion. Besides, even if we made abortions illegal again, it wouldn't stop women from getting abortions. It didn't before so why would it now? If a woman wants an abortion & can't get it, she will find whatever way she can to do it, whether it's the old coat hanger trick or back door doctors (shady doctors). I would rather there be a safe place for it to be done, even if I don't agree with all the reasons as to why women have abortions.

I'm a responsible female & would only abort if my life, my babies life were in jeopardy & I might do it if I were raped but that one is a tough one. (Even for me)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Pretty funny to see a bunch of people in this thread condemning abortion, when they are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE who cry and whine about welfare and 'handouts'.

SO much hypocrisy....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well, I hope you feel better now that you got that off your chest!

When you come down to earth, maybe you can try to understand why so many women in Detroit feel that abortion's their only option.

Naw, its much easier for people who will never have to make such a tough choice to sit on high and condemn others.

Empathy? These people dont even know the meaning of the word.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This bickering and back and forth stops immediately. The next person to post anything about another member will immediately lose their posting privileges for an indeterminate period of time. This thread is not about other members, and it's not about what those members believe.

Get back on topic immediately.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Btw, if a girl was raped, that is a legit reason to have an abortion.

I agree.

I'm a responsible female

Sorry for calling you, "sir" ma'am.
edit on 24-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

At least not until the last years when I refused some loads going into that area of Michigan for the safety issue. A whole industry kinda collapsed and Detroit sat in the middle of it.
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Yeah I remember being called "White Bread" and then told to get the Heck out of their Neighbourhood ASAP.
No Joke once we had people pointing what we thought were firearms at us and cussing like mad.
Made us think of a snake pit without rules.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I say who the hell cares? If it hurts you so damn much that these pregnancies are being terminated then please send a letter to the parents telling them that you will personally take the baby in, feed it, put clothes on its back and provide a roof for it to grow for the next 18 years.

Getting sick and tired of hearing the right wingers that are for "limited government" complain so damn much about other people's personal choices.

Bull. Stating that murder is wrong doesn't make you personally and financially responsible for all potential murder victims.

Lame excuse. Try something that makes sense.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
So, 13, 14, 15, 16 years olds should be forced to give birth?

*snip*

If you claim they are old enough to be having sex, then you can't claim they aren't old enough to be giving birth. One goes hand and hand with the other.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

1/3 of all pregnancies in Detroit end in abortion. One year had roughly 160000 pregnancies and 23000 ending in abortion.

This may not be the ideal solution in everyone's opinion. But I personally see no other way around it and am glad for it.

Anyone who is complaining about this needs to think about the effects of 23,000 additional humans being created per year in just this one city. Our population needs to be 0% growth for a while. Even slightly negative would be better actually.

Not to mention that in this case you're talking about 23,000 new babies being born in a totally crap ass place to be born right now. Massive poverty and all around sub standard environment and collapsing society.

Anyone who feels that Abortion is wrong and want's it stopped??? Fine, then come up with another, real world, working, solution. Until then, you're just going to have to deal with it, because the alternative would be a whole lot worse!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join