It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflective thoughts on Logic and Buddhism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

decent point though.

Thanks. That is appreciated.

No problem thanks for the verse.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Read John 1. It tells you exactly what Jesus is. The Bible says He suffered so he suffered. Just because Jesus is God in the Flesh doesnt mean He cannot suffer...

Oh. Right.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity

If you are human, you are not God. If you are God, you are not human.

Only if one assumes that "God" was not made in man's image. Which I believe the current 'Abrahamic' religions deny. (After all, it is HUMANS who made all the ideas and books about "God" - who, imo, is not a 'guy' or a 'He', or a PERSON. )
We are ALL "God." Teeny weeny itsy bitsy parts of "God." Which is the WHOLE. Including us 'regular' humans. And grass. And air, and planets, and galaxies, and stars and 'sunshine', and clouds, and ants, and bacteria, and dogs, and water-bears, and rocks, and seas.....and.....

God is everywhere. "Look under a rock, I am there." and so forth and so on.

And would you say all Christians agree with that? Or is that your McDonald's order?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And would you say all Christians agree with that? Or is that your McDonald's order?

First of all, I don't eat at McDonald's (nor do I go to "Christian" church).

"Lift a rock and I am there" is in the Gospel of Thomas, which SHOULD be included in the scriptures. But isn't. Because that would pose a little problem to the 'policy' of scaring people into submission.

So, no. All Christians would not agree with it. They refuse. Because someone told them to.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

First of all, I don't eat at McDonald's (nor do I go to "Christian" church).

"Lift a rock and I am there" is in the Gospel of Thomas, which SHOULD be included in the scriptures. But isn't. Because that would pose a little problem to the 'policy' of scaring people into submission.

So, no. All Christians would not agree with it. They refuse. Because someone told them to.

It was an expression - everyone acts as though an ages old "truth" is designed to cater to their specific personality. As for this 'policy' thing, I think the same general system applies to all scripture. Which actually reflects the "catering" principle. My point being, there is no absolute truth in the Bible because there is no absolute perspective. Everyone is so busy picking their premium plan by which they want to qualify for the afterlife. It's all subjective, which is the opposite of "perfect truth".
edit on 27-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join