It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflective thoughts on Logic and Buddhism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Lets break your statements up into the correct form. Was Jesus fully Human or not fully Human? Not. Humans had a creation, Jesus did not have a creation (John 1) therefore He is not fully Human.

So Jesus wasn't born a human? He wasn't fully human and fully god at the same time? Your opinion goes against the teachings of Christianity.

I guess you're not really a Christian!

He wasn't fully human. He was born of a virgin. Are humans born of a virgin or are the not born of a virgin? Show me were the Bible says he is fully human and I will shut up. I am not denying that he was in the form of a human but he definitely wasn't fully human.

As BuzzyWigs showed, Jesus was BOTH fully human AND fully divine.

Your either/or logic is not sufficient by itself. Both and logic is also required.

So, I guess that means you need to shut up now in order to keep your end of the bargain.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Which is something I would have pointed out earlier, but decided it was unnecessary.

I think that, despite it seeming unnecessary, there are lots of 'Christians' who are unaware of it.

By choice, more than likely, which means that my pointing it out won't do any good.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

In both Buddhism and Hinduism The Oneness is behind everything..... But it exists there even if it is not spoken out loud.
[/quote]
Oh and what evidence is there that something exist, but doesn't exist either?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

By choice, more than likely, which means that my pointing it out won't do any good.

Well, you never know.
If people hear it often enough, they might actually look into it, and disabuse themselves of their fantasies.
Just saying.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Are humans born of a virgin or are the not born of a virgin?

A woman can be pregnant and still be a virgin at the same time through in vitro fertilization.

edit on 22-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Hmm.

There is a law of logic called the Law of Non-Contradiction, which states that "A can not be both A and not A at the same time, in the same place and in the same way." For example, you cannot be both wearing shoes and not wearing shoes at the same time, in the same place, and in the same way.

If you are human, you are not God. If you are God, you are not human. And yet somehow, Jesus was both at the same time. Like being lava and ice at the same time. How is this logically possible?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And here's another fly in the ointment:
I believe we are ALL fully human AND fully divine.

Like he said, "you can do these things, and more."

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you are human, you are not God. If you are God, you are not human.

Only if one assumes that "God" was not made in man's image. Which I believe the current 'Abrahamic' religions deny. (After all, it is HUMANS who made all the ideas and books about "God" - who, imo, is not a 'guy' or a 'He', or a PERSON. )
We are ALL "God." Teeny weeny itsy bitsy parts of "God." Which is the WHOLE. Including us 'regular' humans. And grass. And air, and planets, and galaxies, and stars and 'sunshine', and clouds, and ants, and bacteria, and dogs, and water-bears, and rocks, and seas.....and.....

God is everywhere. "Look under a rock, I am there." and so forth and so on.

edit on 5/22/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Really, the only thing this thread seems to illustrate very clearly is the limitations of your perspective. Limitations which we all have, really.

this, that, both, and neither. 1, 0, both, neither.

If you look into science, you will perhaps see an explanation that works better for your perspective.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Indeed, we are all fully human and fully divine. Jesus was a mystic who realized this and lived out of the Christ-hood in himself. He tried to communicate this to a people who were stuck in dualism. Thats a very difficult thing to do, as this thread demonstrates.

The exoteric layer of Christianity uses either or logic exclusively. Thats why the thinking of fundamentalists is so limited and orthodox. It cant handle mysticism.

The esoteric layer of Christianity uses both either or and both and, depending on whether one is functioning on the day-to-day level of mundane life, or on the virtual (spiritual) plane.

edit on 766Thursday000000America/ChicagoMay000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Mysticism sounds really, really cheap. The universe is not Burger King, so why act like it?
edit on 22-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's BOTH cheap AND expensive...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Lets break your statements up into the correct form. Was Jesus fully Human or not fully Human? Not. Humans had a creation, Jesus did not have a creation (John 1) therefore He is not fully Human. Is Jesus fully God or not fully God? Fully God.

So by your own logic, Jesus never actually lived a human life. He only masqueraded as human. Which means that this whole "suffering as a human would" nonsense is just that - nonsense. So one could go so far as to suggest that when Jesus was "crucified" (any true god would laugh in the face of such horrors) he was just going through the motions. He never actually suffered because he wasn't even human!

Ergo, no actual "sacrifice", because he never really lost anything at all.

Read John 1. It tells you exactly what Jesus is. The Bible says He suffered so he suffered. Just because Jesus is God in the Flesh doesnt mean He cannot suffer...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So when dealing with the spiritual plane I must use both an logic or nothing else is that right?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

A woman can be pregnant and still be a virgin at the same time through in vitro fertilization.

Lets not forget the time period of Jesus....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

First of all, you are supposed to be shutting up.

Second of all, one needs a degree of flexibility and a willingness to go beyond concepts such as logic and especially dogma. If Jesus couldn't go beyond the dogma and logic of his time and place, he never would have been able to overcome death.

You cant take logic with you into the cloud of unknowing. All you can take is love.

edit on 831ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMayuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Lets not forget the time period of Jesus....

It makes more sense to think that Mary conceived Jesus outside of legal marriage.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Life is a mystery and I completely agree life contains contradictions:

Life is tremendously beautiful, life is terribly ugly.

the World is enormous, but the world is very small,

God is everywhere, yet He is nowhere,

God is everything, yet He is nothing,

God is visible, yet He is invisible,

Jesus died, yet Jesus lives.

God bless

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hebrews 2.

17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

www.biblegateway.com...:5-18

Well!.... that was easy! Next question?

17 Therefore, He [p]had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

The P in the notes says that the Original lagnuage means he was obligated to be like His brethren in all things. If God commanded his physical appearance to become exactly as a Human, so that God may experience our temptations why couldn't he do so? I need to check the original language some more decent point though.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

decent point though.

Thanks. That is appreciated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join