It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired anti-gay HGTV hosts: Teaching evolution is Satan’s ‘toehold’ in the classroom

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this, well because I don't really care, but here's what struck me as ridiculous in particular.

Source

“Back in the 1960′s our nation allowed a toehold of sexual perversion – during the hippie sexual revolution – which has now become a stronghold of sexual anarchy in America. This stronghold masks itself in the form of diversity, inclusion, & tolerance.”

Bolding mine.

So, this is what it's turned into. Satan's grasp on the US is about Diversity, Inclusion & tolerance.

And we wonder why a LGBT positive organization like HGTV fired them!?

This sort of person, HURTS the religious movement in the US. The same way that Muslims yelling DEATH TO AMERICA hurts their cause.

Most Christians, are moderate and understand that this sort of nonsense rhetoric is just that, rhetoric. Moderates need to stand up and be heard.

~Tenth
edit on 5/20/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I've noticed that even the words "diversity", "tolerance" and "inclusion" have become insults. And it's the people who strive to maintain some illusion of control over others' behavior and institute legalized morality that use them as such.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I personally like this part.

“Back in the 1960′s our nation allowed a toehold of sexual perversion – during the hippie sexual revolution – which has now become a stronghold of sexual anarchy in America.

I sure hope they are faithful to their wives and not like every other asshole on television who has a wife, a mistress, and sees prostitutes on the regular. But that is just conjecture on my part.

These two idiots don't know what they are talking about and don't know what difference between science and religion are. You need PROOF to claim that something in science is true or rather probably true. Creation has all of 0 proof going for it, so maybe if they'd like to do some research and produce said proof, we can consider putting Creationism side by side with evolution.

One more thing, why are Creationists so upset about the side by side teaching anyways? I don't see flat earthers complaining that their "theory" isn't being taught side by side with the world is round theory or the electric universe people complaining for equal representation of their views. Science class has ALWAYS taught the most prevailing theory with the most scientific evidence for it. Why do Creationists insist on being special in this regard?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I've been watching old stand up comedy lately among other old videos like movies and it's amazing to see how far it's come really.

Words that are never used today were used all the time. You'd never hear anybody speaking of inclusion or tolerance of somebody who was different. If they did, it was in a mocking way.

I find it strange that some sects of our society want to return to those ideals. It's like people for some reason think that the 1950's were a great time socially.

~Tenth

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Whenever I read about people like this getting all worked up over what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom .... I have to wonder if they secretly wish they were in the bedroom with those people ... ya know? The politicians and ministers who scream the loudest anti-homosexual comments usually end up being the ones that get caught engaging in it at some point later on.

These guys are just no talent hacks trying to further their 10 minutes of semi-fame. They'll propbably get a low paying gig on the fundamentalist hate-preaching circuit in the deep south.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They are rose colored goggles provided by shoddy history classes while in school (that are getting to the point where the school year isn't long enough to cover things beyond WWII), political spin, media catering to people's personal bubbles and what they want to hear, and not denying ignorance.

The 1950's were actually a rather dark time full of repression, fear, things swept under the rug because they weren't socially acceptable to talk about, and a whole slew of other things. That is one of my least favorite decades of the 1900's.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The most loud yelling homophobes, usually are still stuck in their closet. My advice to them... Accept your mental illness and shut up. Or get out of the closet and stand up like a man, instead of the little pussies hiding behind your religion, judging people.

Tolerance, means accepting other people their differences, and accept them without judging... What ?Are you now so arrogant to think you are able to judge ? You can't even forgive and tolarate, but you can judge and deny to be tolerant ?

Sexual perverted public, didn't increase by the way, they ket it private.

I dunno what context I've gotta understand inconclusion. Just saying.

Sinter

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God, and do not believe that faith and an interest in, or understanding of science are impossible to cram into one psyche. I appear to be handling it well enough. As a Christian, I believe in tolerance, inclusiveness, and that no human being has the right to judge another. That is Gods job, and how he does it, and who he does it to, is not for any human being to comment on. His business, not ours.

Also, I believe that people who demand that the entire works of science be taught as hocus pocus to any nations young, must have missed something if they are using Jesus as their supporting argument. For a start, Jesus was not a judgemental man. He may have talked a lot of smack about sin, and judgment, and what was wrong and what was right, but measure the man by his deeds for crying out loud!

He mixed with every kind of social pariah the world had to offer at the time! Prostitutes, tax collectors, thugs, rogues, vagabonds, poor folk, lepers. Jesus met them all, and broke bread and drunk wine with people from all across the social strata. Now, who ever the total looser is, who is making out that Christianity itself is responsible for all this nonsense, this hateful, disruptive, and evil vilification of science, and alternative lifestyles, who ever THAT moron is, obviously has not read the bible, or even worse, failed to understand Jesus message when he did.

The truth is, that Jesus came to tell us we could all be saved, that none are lost. That is what you are supposed to take away from his message. Hope. Hope that all your balls ups can be forgiven, that the suffering which is the human condition is not all that there is, that beyond that lay something better, something good, great, indescribable and that everyone on the face of this planet, who wants to partake CAN. Yes, there are terms and conditions, yes, some people are currently in breach of those terms and conditions, but NO, all is not lost, repentance is at hand.

I fail to believe, that Jesus death meant nothing. I believe he saved us all right as he died. That is a matter of faith. I also believe, although with an entirely different part of my brain, that the Big Bang is currently the best explanation which science can provide, as to the mechanism by which this universe came into being. I do not believe that the Big Bang and creation are mutually exclusive.

What I do believe, is that for matters of the heart and soul, one should turn to Christ if one has a wont to do so, and to science and reason for next to every other damned thing.

What I believe which has a special relevance to this discussion, is that we ought to love one another enough to leave each other, and our beliefs and preferences ALONE. I have atheist friends, gay friends, Muslim friends, and agnostic friends, and even a nihilist friend. I love these people. They love me. I know this, because they have clothed me when I have been naked, given me shelter when I had none, and offered themselves and their time to me, and I to them.

I love people who love. That is the part of Christs message which gets missed among the negatives. It takes a person of strong faith to love despite the darkness, and that is why a faith untested is not faith at all, and what the people who hate evolution being taught to kids really dislike, is the idea of a world full of things which test the shaky foundations on which their OWN faith is built.

I say, bring on the tests! Both my in my faith, and in my scientific mind, testing is necessary, desired! Only fear of ones faith being tested brings forth such blather as mentioned in the article.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I've noticed that even the words "diversity", "tolerance" and "inclusion" have become insults. And it's the people who strive to maintain some illusion of control over others' behavior and institute legalized morality that use them as such.

Same as "Hope" and "Change" damaged for 10,000 years!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Satan's Toehold, eh? Evolution or Science is the devil's work, eh?

I know you aren't all like that and I do believe in God, so not an Atheist here, but...now you know why I dislike Christians.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
This sort of person, HURTS the religious movement in the US.

Most Christians, are moderate and understand that this sort of nonsense rhetoric is just that, rhetoric. Moderates need to stand up and be heard.

~Tenth

I wouldn't say that it's a movement but more of a lifestyle.

And my own family talks like this about Satan as if it were true, so I don't see it being rhetoric but their actual beliefs

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Those buzzwords you just listed are usually code for liberal agenda and not necessarily anything positive having to do with diversity, tolerance and inclusion. When I hear those words I always look for the fine print.

The devil is in the details.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So, this is what it's turned into. Satan's grasp on the US is about Diversity, Inclusion & tolerance.

Funny, they sound like the kinds of things Jesus would be promoting.

EDIT:

My parents are Catholic (and Republicans — I know it's shameful) and I was raised to be tolerant, inclusive and to appreciate diversity.
edit on 2014-5-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That was beautifully written and eloquently stated.

2nd

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I was raised in a system that thought like this. Pentecostal evangelicals and fundamentalist Baptists. They also believed that promoting world peace and nonviolence was the work of Satan and his hippie minions. They also felt that any sect of Christianity that didn't preach hellfire, brimstone, damnation, condemnation, and judgement was a false cult under the influence of Satan. If your pastor/minister did not have you feeling guilt, shame, and contempt when you left church on Sunday, then your church isn't real, you're not a real Christian. Being a "real Christian" to them, meant living in a constant state of fear and hatred for everything not their narrow, limited interpretation of the bible.

I find it ironic that fundamentalist Christians are basically opposed to the concepts of good (mercy, humility, tolerance, diversity, sharing, lack or prejudice, compassion, understanding, non-violence, non-materialism, unconditional love, universal brotherhood, selflessness, sacrifice) while they promote and embrace concepts generally considered to be evil (hatred, fear, greed, selfishness, prejudice, persecution of others, war, oppression, authoritarianism, pride, and contempt for the underdog).

Did these idiots miss the whole Gospels part of the bible? You know...the only part of the bible that actually contains the life, teachings, and messages of Jesus? Or do they only read the parts about who to hate and who deserves to burn in hell? Which, technically, if you believe in the whole salvation thing, means them too.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This stronghold masks itself in the form of diversity, inclusion, & tolerance.”

I'm confused, because I don't understand how this could be confusing to anyone.

Any group of people that has a single focus would be threatened by those three things.

Diversity works against unity, arbitrary wholesale inclusion attenuates the focus of a society and tolerance of anything that does not comply with that focus should be abolished.

Anyone that has ever read about the "science of success", ala someone like Dale Carnegie, knows that this kind of focus is necessary for success. Success for a person, a business, or a whole society of people.

This is the difficult paradox that we are faced with. It's a double-bind. Society cannot succeed without monolithic focus, yet we must accomodate diversity.

?
edit on 20-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Whenever I read about people like this getting all worked up over what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom .... I have to wonder if they secretly wish they were in the bedroom with those people ... ya know? The politicians and ministers who scream the loudest anti-homosexual comments usually end up being the ones that get caught engaging in it at some point later on.

These guys are just no talent hacks trying to further their 10 minutes of semi-fame. They'll propbably get a low paying gig on the fundamentalist hate-preaching circuit in the deep south.

Haha well you they do say that the ones making the biggest noise have something to hide.....

As for this diversity and inclusion = the devil bollicks, clearly it is them who are not Christian. Jesus came and hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors and all manner of people whom pious holier than thou Jews shunned.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Any group of people that has a single focus would be threatened by those three things.

Can you elaborate? I assume you mean the "group of people" is our society, but what is our single focus?

Diversity works against unity,

I beg to differ. Actually, learning how to accept and understand people who are different CREATES unity. The more intolerant we are of people who are just slightly different than we are, the more suspicious, insecure and defensive (and therefore fractured) people become. You can see it in the US today. We (as a society) have become intolerant of people who are of a different religion, different political views, different opinions, different color, different lifestyle than our own. Our society is less unified than ever right now. What we NEED is a little tolerance to come together as a whole.

arbitrary wholesale inclusion attenuates the focus of a society

No one is suggesting arbitrary wholesale inclusion of everything. We have laws and a strong structure that guarantees that we don't include everything. All we're talking about here is equality and equal treatment of our fellow citizens. It's not like the gates of all reason have been thrown wide...

and tolerance of anything that does not comply with that focus should be abolished.

I'd really like to know what the focus is... What are we focused on? What is our single goal for this society?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good morning Benevolent Heretic,

I assume you mean the "group of people" is our society...

I meant specifically the group that seems to be represented by the two young monkey-men complaining about "hippies" and diversity, but yeah, it can be extended to anyone.

..., but what is our single focus?

So listen, I was all like, "Geez, we are going to be here a while", when I saw that bit of your post above.

I mean no offense when I say this but, if all the diversity and tolerance and inclusion were working?

You wouldn't have to ask that question. Right?

Also, you know, the measure of somethings tolerance is a measure of how much stess the thing can take before it breaks. That's great for mechanical parts, but not so great for people.

edit on 21-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

top topics

join