It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met the woman of my dreams, need advice on how to keep her interested.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
On the 2nd of May I met the most amazing woman I've ever met. I've never hit it off so fast with a woman before. We have nearly all of the same interests, and she checks off more of my boxes than I ever thought possible.

The problem is, she lives over 700 miles away. I text her as often as I can, but she works two jobs and has a busy life so she doesn't always have time to text me back. I will say that she answers me as soon as possible at least 9 times out of 10. Neither of us have the income right now to plan a visit. As it stands, we won't see each other until early May of next year.

Does anybody know how I can keep her interested in me? What should or shoudn't I do?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Keep being yourself, sounds kike it's already working. Nobody likes to find iyt they've been duped.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: finitydream

Thank you. I learned a long time ago that living a lie isn't worth the trouble. What I really need to know is how frequently should I message her? I want her to know I'm interested but I don't want to bother her so much that I come off as desperate or clingy (both major turn offs for most women).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dave_welch

what ever you do dont send a D pic. Keep the mystery alive

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DocMartigann

Ha! That's definitely something I wouldn't do, especially with this girl. I can pretty much guarantee that would never go down well with her.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I met a woman in London who I instantly connected with. Unfortunately she lived in Scotland which is some 500 miles away. We kept communicating as much as possible and when funds permitted we'd see each other.

She is now my wife and we have two wonderful kids.

I wouldn't say having a long distance relationship was easy. We had a few problems mostly down to me being a bit of an arse and going out and getting drunk and not phoning her. My bad. But she stuck to me. Thank god.

Things to consider.

We used to write each other letters. I know it's old school but it's a lovely way of keeping in touch.
I used to use the cheapest method of transport which was the overnight bus to see her as often as I could. How much would the bus fare be for you.
We used to talk nearly every day on the phone and we did this for nearly 2 years before I moved up.
If she if the one for you then you have to strongly consider either you moving to her or her moving to you. It's a gamble but if you are serious then it's one you need to take. Life is risk.
edit on 20-5-2014 by cyberheater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cyberheater

Thanks for you're reply.

About moving. I've been thinking about that as well. I may even try to enroll in university in her city. I just don't know if that is a good idea or not. What if she decided I wasn't for her. I already feel she's out of my league, but that doesn't matter. I know the little time we spent together was special for both of us. I just have no idea how to keep that energy up, you know? Maybe I should call her instead of texting. I'm just afraid that I'll say the wrong thing just by being awkward old me. I'm 27 and have been with several women and was even engaged once, but I've never felt this strongly for anyone.

Sorry, I don't mean to bring on the wall of text, better stop before it gets out of hand.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Get $$$ !

Then go take her to the beach or the mountains.

Seize the Dame!
Go now hurry! Run!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I believe Cyberheater hit the nail on the head with his advice!! Stay in touch, continue to make the effort and write the letters!! In this day and age it is hard to get the intimacy that letters allow! Most of all have faith in the love! For it knows what it is doing, regardless of how it turns out her coming into your life will be a catalyst for many things so due try to continue this with as little expectation as possible! I have learned that lesson the hard way, I wish you the best my friend for finding the right woman is quite the task!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Wanna know what's harder than a long distance relationship?
One up close and personal.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If it were only that easy, I would have been there a week ago.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yeah, I agree that writing letters is a good Idea.

We've already discussed sending each other mix cd's.

As for having as little expectation as possible. Man, i wish I could. But when I get this way, I tend to lose a little logic. Only this time, I actually feel like I couldn't do better (a first for sure). So, that's just going to make it that much harder.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Dave...

I have no words of wisdom to impart, since my history of keeping the attention of a woman involves virtually no success what so ever. What I will say is that you seem to be managing it so far, and that I wish you the very best of luck with this endeavour!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
1. patience - dont rush.
2. take the time talk to her get to knoow her ..
3. send her flowers on occasion.

Good luck hope it works out for you both ..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks, good to see you, Brit. You've helped me out before in this section, so (as Ya'll say) "No worries, mate!"

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Ooh, Flowers you say? Not a bad Idea...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Let her do some of the chasing. If you're as right for her as you think she is for you, it will just happen.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
How much would a bus ride be?

At some point you've got to spend time together. Get on a bus and spend the weekend with her. Spend as much time together as possible. If that doesn't work out then it was never meant to be.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Send her a cardboard cutout of yourself.

When yo finally go to see her, check it for either damage or lipstick and take it from there.

lol

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I had a 7,000 mile relationship for 2 years.

The trick to it? Sorry there isnt one. You just have to speak when you want to say something and visit as often as possible.

Thats it.

Best of luck buddy

<<   2  3 >>

join