It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met the woman of my dreams, need advice on how to keep her interested.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WhenDovesCry

You're right and that's what I should do. I'm lousy at playing hard to get.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave_welch
a reply to: WhenDovesCry

You're right and that's what I should do. I'm lousy at playing hard to get.

Dont play games. Be honest, be yourself. If you bend truths and then she moves in one day you will end up living a lie. You dont want that and in the end neither will she.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dave_welch

As Biigs said. Don't play games. Relationships are hard enough without mind games.

You didn't answer my question. Are you planning on seeing her any time soon?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cyberheater

It looks like around $100, which is doable...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Well, It would be a month from now at the earliest. I really want to, but I'm not entirely sure if that would be cool with her. I've mentioned saving up to buy her a plane ticket. She likes the Idea, but A. works 2 jobs and just received a promotion at one of them so she isn't sure what her chances of getting enough days off would be. And B. would feel guilty about me buying her something as expensive as a plane ticket, which I can understand.

She is working two jobs so that she can move into her own place and pay off her student loans, so she probably wouldn't be able to put much towards a trip like that.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Well, I wasn't talking about playing games really. I am terrible at romance games and am way too honest to get into a game mentality. I only mentioned playing hard to get because most people will tell you that if you're too available she'll lose interest.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Great. See if it's okay with, don't go unexpectedly as a big surprise thing and spend the weekend with her.
You don't need lots of money. Some nice walks. The odd movie. Sleep on her couch if you need to.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Im not a romance wizard by any means but neither have i had any issues, i thought i would but when it came to just chatting and flirting I just do or say whatever comes to mind. If she doesnt like it then shes not for you after all however lovely she might be. Some times you just gotta roll the dice. Nothing good comes without risk.

Also, people really like people taking risks on them, makes them feel special and nice and wanted. Even if you may not be 100% perfect for them.
edit on b0808642 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Well, firstly it will have to be after she has her own place. Right now she is staying with her brother and his family who are devout Mormons so they probably wouldn't be cool with her having me stay there with her. But, as soon as it's possible I'd love to see her, so here's hoping.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

So far that's what we've been doing. We've discussed everything from movies, to music, to books, even the taboo stuff like politics and religion (all of which we have nearly identical views on).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So far that's what we've been doing. We've discussed everything from movies, to music, to books, even the taboo stuff like politics and religion (all of which we have nearly identical views on).

Then you are doing it perfectly well.

Talk about things you are interested in, talk about things she is interested in. Just let it go, i really think you are worrying too much about this.

Seems like you got it completely under control. You dont need any help mate.

She likes talking to you, not us

edit on b1717602 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

All true. I just tend to say to much, I guess. At least that's what's happened before.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If you're that far away from her then you really only know a little about her life and habits. If it's really true love then you will get close to her(move near her) one way or the other. I'd approach with caution because you've already set yourself up for a big fall if she rejects you. Once you can be in her life, then you will only have to do what comes natural, instead of putting on some act. Get close and get into her life and see where it goes.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
To coin George Harrison, " It's gonna take money... a whole lot of spending money, it's gonna take patience & time..and money, a whole lot of spending money. That is if you have your mind set on her.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Run away, while you still can.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If you both have the devices to Skype, then you gotta get on that ASAP.

I moved over 6 thousand miles to be with my girlfriend and couldnt be happier. Skype really helps in dealing with the long distance and made making my decision to move a lot easier.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why on earth would I do that?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Why on earth would I do that?

Because 700 miles is not far enough away to be certain that she won't latch onto you.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

That's kind of the point, dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join