It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of World Do You Want?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I suppose that perspective is brought to us from the "Sweetness and Light Brigade?"

I don't ever plan to "lay off the Bible."

It has brought me all the Life, meaning, Joy, understanding, Peace, Hope . . . that has ever been enduring in my life.

And, it clearly speaks of the evil doers being removed--the last of them--at Armageddon . . . followed by a thousand years of perfect Peace ruled over by The Risen Christ, Yeshua, Jesus.

That happens to be the world I long to see.

However, I do register your personally assaultive insult. Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I don't know that He'd entertain absurd questions but you could try asking Him.

Evidently you disagree with the DSM IV about Masochism etc. being evil?

Hmmmm

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Thanks for sharing your thoughts LadyJae,
I think there is nothing wrong with being a dreamer sometimes.
I am dreamer sometimes too.

What would the world be without dreamers?

Most of the artists I've met in my life (singers, painters, actors,etc.) were dreamers.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's interesting that some most hostile to my choice . . .

choose so many of the same items included in mine.

Fascinating.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
It's interesting that some most hostile to my choice . . .

choose so many of the same items included in mine.

Fascinating.

This is because they want the benefits of perfect environment, no disease and no death without the remission of sin. Ive seen many call for peace on earth, but perfect peace cannot permanenly co-exist with sin.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I know.

Rebellion and idolatry . . . inherently incur their own destruction.

Yet, stubborn humans . . . arrogantly insist they know better than eternal ALMIGHTY GOD.

Interesting . . . slightly.

Thanks for your kind reply.

It's interesting that PEACE, ABUNDANCE, SAFETY, SECURITY, FUN, JOY, ETC. are cherished by all . . . or near all . . .

yet there's no connection made in the minds of some between such cherished ideals . . . and the arrogance that destroys such ideals.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I don't know that He'd entertain absurd questions but you could try asking Him.

Evidently you disagree with the DSM IV about Masochism etc. being evil?

Hmmmm

With all respect

You have your belief in your God,

I have my belief in me

Are we on the same page ? DSM IV

If so, the act of being nailed to a cross for the sake of humanity could reasonably be cause to create orgasmic euphoria, if this disorder was indeed suffered.

Cody

ETA: Last line
edit on 17/5/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would want a world that could take care of itself really. Sustainable and capable, unlike the type of economics and false promise we have today, due to our limited aims. And no long hours that would result in a person being able to only by a loaf of bread.

I would still want money in the world, however not to the point where it could decide the fate of a peoples, or be used as a scapegoat. Or as a form of population control.

More or less, those who work or have skills in a trade or area, would have more benefits really. Much like Star Trek. Still have money, but the economics wouldn't depend on the currency to sustain itself. And the hours could vary, being a few hours here, to a few day there, but at least the general and tedious labors could be done by machines.

Fact is, some people don't want to anything really, like moi included.

Still need to work to get heaven don't we, like how the supposed ed Sumerians Gods made man to do the Gods work. Lol, Im such a prick.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm sure Christ is real impressed with your

erudition . . .

and cheek in telling HIM that he was a sicko in our behalf 2,000 years ago.

Amazing.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm not going to be converted my friend

You brought up DSM IV, I have a degree in psychology that's the DSM IV I know. If there is another please enlighten me, I'm always willing to learn

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have never shared the perspective of a sufficiently lofty position and perspective such that I could shove ALMIGHTY GOD into the finite confines of a DSM IV.

I do think you might not have fully Groked the historical record. Christ would have preferred to not have had to 'drink that cup.'

The fact remains, imho,

That the Garden of Edon reality and the Sermon on the Mount reality describe a rather utopian world.

I'm thrilled that such WILL BE THE CASE on this planet . . . for at least a thousand years and then after a period of testing and maybe a new heaven, earth and multiverse . . . evidently again eternally.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I mean no disrespect to your beliefs my friend,

I wish I had the strength to believe that a God exists and sent his son to take away our sin.

However I must live my life for my family.

And we are going off topic here

If you'd like to start a thread to debate this I'd be delighted join in

U2U me if you do

With all respect

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No need.

imho . . . the Garden of Eden

and the Millenial reign thousand years

are the best candidates for a brief description of a utopian world.

That, to me, is smack in the middle of the topic.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Then I doff my hat to you my friend

On a side note................. It's a pleasure to have a discussion that doesn't break down into a ridiculous argument.

My thanks and respects

You'll forgive me if I respectfully disagree.

And my best wishes to you and yours

May peace and grace be yours

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Living wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if people stopped their greed, hatred, and violence. This could happen right this very instant if people would give up behaving in their current manner.

The other would be taming Mother Nature so as to stop being as brutal and savage as it currently is. If we ever get extreme weather, disease, and other maladies under our control it would make for a much more pleasant life.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So when all of you get some kind of grip on your perfect world then maybe ponder what you would do to a group of beings that invade your perfect place and sow the seeds for war while constantly belittling you about how much pain you cause everyone. Just imagine that you and your creations follow this bunch throughout incarnations. Would you choose to try to love them or perhaps punish them for sins of past lives while waiting on them to accept their place in a world that was created by you. What would you do after thousands of years of interference. Would you permently destroy them because your people continue to suffer because of their deeds on your world?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't ever plan to "lay off the Bible."

I wasn't expecting you to.

That happens to be the world I long to see.

It also happens to be a world you'll never see unless you go out and kill everyone you think is evil yourself. You wont do that though, because it's only moral if god does the killing and decides who lives and who dies, right?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ive seen many call for peace on earth, but perfect peace cannot permanenly co-exist with sin.

Don't you people realize that "perfect peace" is impossible? So let me get this straight... you think if all the "evil doers" are removed from Earth than everyone who remains will never have a single disagreement with anyone else ever again? Are you really that perfect and predictable? Get a grip... we are all flawed humans, and in a world where nothing can be predicted there is always a chance that you will get into a conflict with another person over something you cannot agree upon. A world where that is not possible is a mirage and an illusion, a prison where the possibilities have been limited. In this reality I know that nearly anything is possible, whether those possibilities are "good" or "bad" it doesn't matter, more possibilities provide us with more freedom compared to a reality where only a very limited set of events can occur.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Im happy with the world i inhabit,i would not or can not change a thing.
I would change one little thing though and that is the differences between yin and yang

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One with the gravity or mass or lack of whatever it is that would allow me to bounce around like Tigger, i've always wanted to do that.

One where everyone could speak to all the animal and the trees, well anything that is living.

Money would not exist.

War, jealousy, hatred, and just plain rottenness is human nature it is ingrained in us, I would not take that away but I would give every human the curse of feeling the pain they cause others. We lack empathy, I would end that.

edit on 17-5-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join