It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of World Do You Want?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm looking for a free, liberal, meritocracy.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah, on some philosophical level, this world is perfect, if one likes contrasts and to learn from environmental examples of what NOT to do, that is.

I'm of the opinion that a "perfect world" differs from psyche to psyche and most's idea of a perfect world would stay "perfect" for a few minutes at most, or until other brains got involved.

However, a world where our economics aren't based on bullying and slavery (of a degree) and leave no one behind to starve or freeze, would be nice. Also, emphasis put on systems to deal with stray waste material and chemicals is a good idea, too. A grand, common endeavor by our species, like planetary clean-up and space exploration is a nice idea as well.

A population size where we don't step on each others toes, stress resources or promote pandemics sounds good, too.

And support of art and science ... and maybe a general balance of individual vs. mass rights to allow the maximum amount of freedom and expression as long as it doesn't impinge on someone else? That would be nice as long as the supported rights/views aren't those held by psychopaths or the common personality that seeks out leadership roles.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I want a world in which we remember who we are and live our reality as if it is a lucid dream full of the possibilities that we are...

I want to look into the eyes of the people and know that they know how magnificent creation is.

I want a world where the mind is a slave and not the master...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'd like to live in one where we arnt killing eachother by the thousands, one where we could just talk to eachother without all the BS and egos getting uib that way, that would be nice.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like the world. I do not like the people. Id like to live in a world alone where i don't have to hear any kind of human language. Id go crazy without others, yea i know. But who'd be there to know?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A world full of people that realize that this isn't a zero-sum, death cage match against time and against everyone else that shares this same slice of physical reality, but that it's a 2nd stage of human development; that none of us in this corporeal realm have even been born yet. No gods, no Jesus, no higher purpose, no heavens or hells dangling in front of anyone. Just our emergence as an eternally existent, fully conscious human being as soon as our brain and body dies.

If everyone knew that we are what we make of ourselves, and that in the end, all the anger, competitiveness, resentment, jealousy, and regret persist as permanent structural constituents, and in collective percentages that reflect exactly how often we indulged those negative reactions whilst in gestation, I believe that people would be more conscious of how much they allow such crippling responses to dominate their daily lives. As they say "garbage in, garbage out". Only this is garbage that each person creates as integral to their own permanent intellectual/emotional expression.

If each person on this planet understood that with every thought, they are constructing their permanent self, perhaps they'd think twice. Perhaps not, but perhaps.
edit on 5/20/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Simple. A world without humans. Humans have had their run of this world for too long and still we're a stupid species that can't move beyond selfish pleasures and greed as a whole. If there has to be intelligent life in my world, let it be something else and give them a chance to see if they can learn from their mistakes.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A world where the natural checks and balances are still in effect on my species, in turn protecting all other species and making it so if you simply have a little motivation you can get what you need to survive.

People just need to stop feeding those who destroy everything for the sake of making a profit.

Nobody gets out alive, enjoy the little bit of time you have instead of allowing this great big fake system to siphon off your life energy from cradle to grave.

End the misery....

I'm drifting....

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Star Trek....with all the parameters.

No Money

Live to better ourselves

Prime directive.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Eventually there will be a re-balancing and whether or not we survive as a species won't mean anything at all because we are the one's knocking everything out of kilter with our "Technology of Greed, Neglect and Abuse".

Whether we are conscious of it or not, we are all to blame.

I would like to live to witness that re-balancing.

I would like to live in a world where equilibrium is re-established.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join