It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of World Do You Want?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ive seen many call for peace on earth, but perfect peace cannot permanenly co-exist with sin.

Don't you people realize that "perfect peace" is impossible? So let me get this straight... you think if all the "evil doers" are removed from Earth than everyone who remains will never have a single disagreement with anyone else ever again? Are you really that perfect and predictable? Get a grip... we are all flawed humans, and in a world where nothing can be predicted there is always a chance that you will get into a conflict with another person over something you cannot agree upon. A world where that is not possible is a mirage and an illusion, a prison where the possibilities have been limited. In this reality I know that nearly anything is possible, whether those possibilities are "good" or "bad" it doesn't matter, more possibilities provide us with more freedom compared to a reality where only a very limited set of events can occur.

I realize that I am flawed, but do you expect me to believe that a responsible God would allow me to transition into an after-life Utopia with my flaws?

The idea is simple, if all sinners are removed, those left are matured beyond the temptation of sin. A civilization without sin exists in perfect peace. I believe that God has promised a Resurrection in sinless form for the after-life of those who believe that Jesus willingly took the burden of our sins.

Is that so absurd?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I want a world with Zombies in it where day to day life is a true struggle to survive. So what if I would only last a few years it would be a few years living on the edge. At least it won't be as boring as that peace, love and happiness crap everyone seems to want.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I realize that I am flawed, but do you expect me to believe that a responsible God would allow me to transition into an after-life Utopia with my flaws?

Would this be the responsible God that allowed sin to be created in the first place? Also if God didn't want you to have those flaws then you wouldn't have them.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Man was not initially created as flawed beings. A responsible God gave man the choice and warning to not introduce sin into our nature.

Utopia was once ours.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The idea is simple, if all sinners are removed, those left are matured beyond the temptation of sin.

Name one person you believe has matured beyond sin. Even if such a thing were possible it's not valid to assume they will never have to revert back to sin. For example would you kill another person in order to save a person you loved? There is no predicting what a person will do for love, people are inherently unpredictable and you can't assume to know a persons future, you cannot assume they will never sin again in their life based on some naive measure of maturity. No matter how much you think you know a person, there is a part of that person capable of doing things you never thought possible, given the right circumstances.

A responsible God gave man the choice and warning to not introduce sin into our nature.

A responsible God would know that new born children don't always make the best choices when left to their own accord.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I appreciate your empathy and want for something pure in society. One issue is people can't work together without leaders. Humans are way to complex to just be able to wander around without structure, instruction, status quo, ect. There is no such thing as millions of people singing peace songs, gardening, sharing their possessions, building villages, ect. It would have to be at a time whee the population is 5 % of what it is now. technology will have to be abolished. jealousy will arise out of who gets or owns the most technology? Jealousy will rein, & leaders are in question again because who runs this worlds technological power grid, who makes these items for free to hand out to everyone? wheres the intensive? those are a couple of Small issues that make it nearly impossible. My mind couldn't even begin to raise the real issues.

but I wish for that also. We wont get it here on earth or in this realm of humanity. I am optimistic that my being will wind up somewhere much different then where I am now. **Have A Good Night Buddy**

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I suppose "mature" isnt the best way to put it. No human can mature beyond sin. Instead, I mean that those who accept Jesus' payment for our sins will be given an Eternal After-Life without sin.

Sin is a freewill reaponse to temptation. Where there is no temptation and no capacity for sin, there will be no sin.

Who said Adam and Eve were "newborns" when they sinned?
edit on 17-5-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

Ps. Killing to save a life from the hands of a murder is not sin. Its justice and an adult's responsibility to their family.
edit on 17-5-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Rebellion and idolatry . . . inherently incur their own destruction.

Yet, stubborn humans . . . arrogantly insist they know better than eternal ALMIGHTY GOD.

Idolatry

That always cracks me up

Do you have a cross or crucifixion scene anywhere in your church or home ?

Idolatry

Just saying

Cody

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Instead, I mean that those who accept Jesus' payment for our sins will be given an Eternal After-Life without sin.

Oh so basically... if you get into heaven your mind is radically transformed and you become a completely different person who is incapable of sin? I don't know about you but I like being me just the way I am, I like being capable of sin, that proves I have the free will to act beyond the desires of some "god" who wants me to behave in a certain way. It proves my brain is not limited to thinking in only a certain way. I have the ability to make bad choices and good choices. I wouldn't even call myself alive if I only ever made good choices. What you fail to understand is that sinning and being wrong is just as crucial as doing good and being right.

Sin is a freewill reaponse to temptation. Where there is no temptation and no capacity for sin, there will be no sin.

A world without any temptations? What kind of world would that be? A world without any drugs and sex? Lol count me out. Just because those things give pleasure and enjoyment does not make them a sin. Having fun is not a sin. I am not tempted to murder anyone right now but it would be a sin if I did so, and I would most certainly not enjoy it. Your logic here is very weak.

Who said Adam and Eve were "newborns" when they sinned?

They were supposedly the first humans ever created. They were still naked when they at the forbidden fruit.

Killing to save a life from the hands of a murder is not sin. Its justice and an adult's responsibility to their family.

I wasn't simply referring to a situation where you would prevent a murder by killing a murderer, there are situations where you might have to kill a completely innocent person in order to let another person live. The point is there are many situations where people are willing to commit a sin due to the extreme circumstances. What you're basically saying is that in order to be truly sin free we must give up our free will, but if we had no free will we would not be human. What you want is a world full of robots where you can always be perfectly sure how people are going to behave, which is absurd for many reasons. Humans will never be these perfect machines which you can package up into a neat little packet and be sure they'll never sin as long as they live, assuming anyone can even agree on what is a sin and what isn't a sin.
edit on 18/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So let's say we have our perfect world for the sake of argument.

We have the perfect guide of how to live we were given this gift of pages

What do you want to do with this gift ?

From ONE

“I want to give them of course !”

“and what will you call your gift”

“Does it matter ?”

“If you do not name it others will they will call it The book of Cody”

“I see alright I’ll call it The pages”

“And will you safeguard the pages or allow others to edit them, to change what they don’t understand, to strike out what they please whatever is not to their liking? “

“ No, no changes it is the word of the supreme being”

Not a line here or there to help them understand ?

“Who are you to insist”

“I was there at their creation”

“So will you be the keeper of the pages?”

“Someone has to as long as they promise no changes ”

“And here begins the pageite priesthood. Those who give their lives to protect an order of thinking become the priests of that order. Yet any new order, any new way is change and change is the end of the world as it is.”

“These pages are no threat, they are love and freedom.”

“And love and freedom are the end of fear and slavery.”

“Of course.”

“Those who profit from fear and slavery, will they be happy with the message of the pages?”
“Probably not, but we can’t let this light be lost.”

“Will you promise to protect the light?”

“Of course.”

“The other pageites, your friends, they’ll protect it too?”

“yes.”

“And if the profiteers in fear and slavery convince the king of this land that you are dangerous, if they march on your house, if they come with swords, how are you going to protect the pages?”

“I’ll take them away, I’ll escape.”

“And when you’re followed and caught and cornered?”

“If I have to fight I’ll fight, there are principles more important than life. Some ideas are worth dying for.”

“And so began the pageite wars.”

Peace

Just a thought

Cody

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Good morning to everyone

Reading all your posts reminded me of a movie I enjoy watching: What dreams may come
( Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr)
In it the main character dies, and when he goes to heaven with the help of his spirit guide, he discovers that he can create his own heaven (color of the tress, change the animals, build a cottage to his liking,etc.)

You ladies and gentlemen got me thinking.
If we could each of us create our own world,just for us, now then in my eyes, I could create the perfect world for myself.
That's the only solution I see to this problem, because we are all so different, that what I might find beautiful, another person might not like.

Just my two morning cents.

edit on 18/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Man was not initially created as flawed beings. A responsible God gave man the choice and warning to not introduce sin into our nature.

Utopia was once ours.
So you are saying that man created sin and not God? Have ever read the bible? Sin existed before man and God allowed it to corrupt this world and man.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

These are my pick.

A world without hatred
A world without weapons and wars
A world without leaders -
A world without borders
See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I like your way of thinking.
Let's start building buddy.

You can be the architect , I'll be the interior designer.

Joke aside. This was a topic that came to my mind late at night, when I was already half asleep.
I didn't think this thread would make it to page 5.
It was so interesting to read all the responses.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I didnt say that. I said man chose sin and introduced it into our nature.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I want to take over the world, so kids are no
longer allowed to be casualties of war. We are
a very sick and evil being IMO. Wicked beyond belief,
cursed by our own knowledge, as we bomb children
in their own homes. All men deserve hell because this
is our nature.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You are right in some ways, I can't argue with that.
But still I wouldn't say that we are all wicked.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

But still I wouldn't say that we are all wicked.

I know, I didn't expect you would.
But great thread.
SnF

edit on Ram51814v00201400000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
One with the gravity or mass or lack of whatever it is that would allow me to bounce around like Tigger, i've always wanted to do that.

One where everyone could speak to all the animal and the trees, well anything that is living.

Money would not exist.

War, jealousy, hatred, and just plain rottenness is human nature it is ingrained in us, I would not take that away but I would give every human the curse of feeling the pain they cause others. We lack empathy, I would end that.

You can bounce around like a tiger in this world. It is just a matter of using the two realms against eachother. Imagine if there really is a world above us and below us then if you drank or ate from another world then you would become light. The reason is because you have something in you that resonnates at a different frequency. This is the same concept as the magic carpet rides of ole and the snake rope trick.

Speaking to plants and animals is esy too. You just have to start with the impressions you get when around them. Thoughts can come into our minds and seem like our own and we have no way to discern their orgin. Quite often they influence us and get no credit for it. Sometimes bad happenings and bad vibes can be eliminated by removing animals from our space. I say they are us just in a different vessel.

Now take what i just said and look at what our society veiws of this type of talk. We are conditioned to believe a lie and hamper any thoughts like this as crazy or myths folklore and on and on until all we have left is what has been deemed acceptable by mainstream deniers. In the end we will find out it is all real but some of us were not worthy to have this knowledge because it would only be used to destroy and it goes against a sinister agenda to control you.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Reaching for the stars is exactly what some of us need to do...we have a "need" to exist elsewhere. There are those among us that have never felt at home here. We are on this world but feel we are not "of this world". There is a yearning, a homesick feeling that abides in us. For whatever reason, we either decided to come here or were sent here but we have always felt we belong elsewhere.

We are all a product of the stars and some of us perhaps feel this more than others and we have a strong desire to find our place in this vast universe. A place "not here" yet a place that is more "home" than this vale of tears. We don't have to create it, we just have a need to find it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join