It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the 9/11 Forum Dying?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Before I kick this one off, let me first say that this is not intended to be some kind of debunker vs truther debate nor is it in anyway intended to stir up such a debate however I am aware that it may do just that. This is more for a open discussion free from the vigorous tit for tat debate that is rife on these threads about the overall state that this forum is in.

One of the biggest attractions for me on ATS has always been this 9/11 forum, regardless of ones views on the truth behind what happened that day, either way it makes for a fantastically tragic yet interesting historical event. Many would even go as far to say probably the most significant event that has taken place in our generation.

Yet in the last few months I have noticed that there has been a huge decline in the attention this forum receives. It is noteworthy that in the last 3 months or so there as only been about 10 threads published in the forum, three of them I have authored. In all of the threads written regarding the events of 9/11 in the past year it seems to be the same members who pop in and out of each thread debating to and fro and even at that, it should be said with noticeably less vigour with each passing thread. For example there has not been a single reply to any thread in the 9/11 forum for almost two weeks, not a single post, never mind a thread.

This has lead me to ponder the question in the tile of this thread:

Is the 9/11 Forum Dying?

I personally believe that there is still much information regarding the attacks to be disseminated and much debate still to be head. I refuse to believe that proponents of 9/11 truth have just gone quiet, I refuse to believe they have just run out of new theories or view points to discuss.

So I am left wondering what is happening to this forum, why is it that there seems to be less and less debate being had. I suppose for some the continued debate on the subject may just be no more than a exercise in going over old topics again and again. Although I personally find that every time I start to research a new facet of this horrible crime I find another interesting detail or see a new way at looking at a previously dismissed theory.

One of the big reasons behind this decline may be as a result of ATS's continued policy of only allowing members who have a WATS score greater than 10 to create new threads, perhaps if these restrictions where lifted it would be encourage newer members to engage in more discussion.

Anyway......

This was really just a thought I had today as I was perusing the boards, I happened to notice that this forum just doesn't quite seem like it used to.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

How many times you want to discuss "nano-demo, free-fall, footprints"?

Just look at what has transpired since. You want to talk about how the buildings fell you will be talking to yourself. You want to talk the result, who's behind it and where do we go from here then thats a different forum.

Lots of conversations ongoing about that.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Respectfully...when you say its one of the biggest attractions for you? You have to look at the absence of others sharing your opinion. Given that, that should answer your question.

I think like anything....people are just tired. It happens......

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think it is possibly a combination of things. First and foremost like you pointed out, a member must have a certain score in order to author a thread, which means a large portion of people are not able to do this. Second it is watched much closer than other topics and people don't want to risk a ban by saying something that could possibly get them kicked off the site. Thirdly, there is hardly anything new to talk about, most of the discussion and threads that are being made and somewhat active are mostly verbal masturbation by one side or the other.

I just think that it has lost most of it's appeal do to the restrictions put on it, and people realize most of it is an excercise in futility. That is just my opinion. It seems to me most new threads are made in a way to set the author up to automatically dispute any rebuttal, therefore inflating the authors ego and somehow making their own argument seem like the only correct one.

I have noticed that you have authored quite a few of the newest threads in this particular forum, and I didn't intend to project these observations onto you personally, so please don't think I am meaning to offend or insult you. I find that while I disagree with a lot of assertions I think you are open minded enough and willing to engage in actual debate which is a relief compared to the way things used to be. I just think it is played itself out and there is very little middle ground to be discussed any more. There are very few minds that are left to be changed. People have their opinions on the topic and no amount of further discussion is going to change many of those minds.

I am sorry that you aren't getting the discussion you would like out of this topic/forum. I can tell you are very interested and passionate about it. Maybe things will flare back up sometime in the future. Good luck to you either way, and don't give up if you believe in what ever it is you want to discuss strongly enough. Keep at it regardless of whether or not you are getting the discussion you expect or want. If it makes you happy or fulfilled just keep doing it anyway.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dead horse meet stick.

At some point, their is no more NEW information, only continuing speculation off whats known.

How many Kennedy death threads pop up?

It could certainly be argued that event was a major triggering event to the modern world we see today, including 911.

Yet, once in awhile we get a thread on an Anniversary.

No matter how horrific an event, time robs people of anger and their interest.

We are a myopic society, and it seems people will use that to their advantage as often as possible.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's really a moot point. It's a complete cover-up and there's nothing really to add to that - unless you want to start talking about possible culprits within our government/corporations as well as other countries'. There's 3 people in this discussion in every thread I've read - Shills, people who are partiotic and could never fathom our government conspiring against its people, and people who challenge official narrative in some/all capacities. So, you hear the same arguments every single time. Thus, with no new fodder to be added to each discussion - it only makes sense.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
There's 3 people in this discussion in every thread I've read - Shills, people who are partiotic and could never fathom our government conspiring against its people, and people who challenge official narrative in some/all capacities.

Pretty much.
People made their minds up a while ago
Till we really have something new, a game changer, not much will happen with 9/11 forum IMO.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I think it is worth pointing out, that new threads about the titanic occasionally pop up every now and again. New UFO threads pop up now and again, and new science threads pop up now and again.

In the case of old UFO cases being re-upped from the 1950s, people just like to re-cover old ground. I imagine if you look into the history of UFO reporting, there were probably periods where the oldest cases were widely discussed in whatever format was available to interested parties back in the day, and then things went quiet for a bit, until either new information, or a renewed interest took hold of the discussion.

I think 9/11 is going to be widely discussed for as long as people remember it, but I would not be surprised if this lull is temporary. It might be prolonged, but there are still people talking about it. Jesse Ventura is still pissed about it, still talks about it, and people still write books about it. I think however what we are seeing now is a period of quiet reflection after years of rabid debate on the topic.

So the forum is not dying or dead, just at rest for now, as have been discussions of many other world events over the years.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't really think the restrictions on starting a thread is having an effect.

It's the people who come here that are changing.
They are maturing in more ways than age.

The glory years of ATS may be behind them.
When did you first get fast internet at home? 5 years ago? 6 ? The day you log in and discover you don't have to wait for pages to load, the world opens up to you. You can then justify 'wasting' time on trivial things like 'conspiracies'.
It was fun arguing back and forth on so called 'evidence' and what you feel it means.
But after a few years it's all been said. You become galvanized in your opinions.

Another thing that I feel contributed to the downward turn was the 2012 thing.
It was all the rage until the world didn't end.
I feel that was a slap in the face to many conspiracy believers. They started to re examine 'web evidence' and those that peddled conspiracies.
Basically they grew up.
Now people look harder at the claims made on here and just don't bother to respond.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone seen this one, first time i have ...... what you all think?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I have seen that before and it could be fake because what would have filmed that? And I'm what is popularly known as a "truther" so I'm not here to crap on your post. I just wondered what could have filmed that at that angle. A helicopter or a plane are really all I can think of.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I am guessing that the reason we haven't seen it before is because it is recent CGI. But that is only my opinion. If that had/has been available for more than a day/week then everyone on ATS would have seen it a million times by now.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It would of been nice if they didn't show the exit hole and try and claim that as the entrance...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That video is old.
You can find other threads on it.

And that's the point of this thread.
It's all old info just rehashed.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

yeah, I've seen it before and it's a peculiar video. It's grainy and shot from the air so if I had to put my money on it - I'd say CGI.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am working on a long review of six 9/11 conspiracy books, taken as a whole, for a Law Enforcement Union trade magazine-other have expressed interest as a way to-hopefully-resurrect their discussion forums that are now ghost towns. The six are

Crossing the Rubicon........Michael Ruppert

Blowback 9/11 Cover up.....Rodney Stich

The Big Lie Government mass murder.. David Kay

9/11 Synthetic Terror USA...Webster Tarpley

The Terror Conspiracy 9/11 Deception...Jim Marrs

The New Pearl Harbor....David Griffin

I don't think anyone has ever done this before. Right off you notice that all 6 are basically the same and they feed off each other. For instants Tarpley has 6 chapters word for word from Griffin's book, Stich has 2 chapters word for word from Marrs work and so on.

The identical plot is this:

9/11 was a false flag black operation conceived, planned and executed by the Bush Administration, or the Bush White House. The complex goal was to enrich Vice President Chaney and the shareholders of companies that do business with the American military. In addition, these attacks would produce a shadow government that would take over the world and militarily seize key Middle East Countries and take over the worlds oil supply-giving these former States to Israel to carry out genocide. Also, this would allow the Bush White House, to enforce a police state and remove all constitutional rights from Americans.

The protagonist in addition to the Bush Administration were the Jews who were "to blame for everything".

On first reading it's apparent that of all the writers only Griffin tries to keep the discussion somewhat on level ground. He admits that he has nothing, nothing whatsoever that he could ever take to a Grand Jury room much less an American court room. He, unlike the other 5 writers, simply wants a new investigation. This stance would eventually get him labeled a 'government shill or paid government mole by the other writers. The six imploded in 2008 with each accusing the other of being a government shill-the definition of this term is somewhat loosely described as someone paid by the government to spread disinformation.

All I have so far. I'm taking some time to decide if I want to skip all the antisemitism rampant in these works.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

All I have so far. I'm taking some time to decide if I want to skip all the antisemitism rampant in these works. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's ironic, but I find the term "anti-semitic" possibly one of the most racist labels there is. It's apparently ok to blame the Koreans or Russians or Iran etc. for anything you wish, but the moment you mention Israel you get attacked and ostracized. What makes Israel so immune to criticism?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't know, but it is obvious to me and a lot of others around the world that 9/11 was not done by a bunch of cavemen terrorists with little knowledge of flying and terrorist operations anyways,just remember we are talking about a high caliber fully successful terrorist operation against the most powerful and advanced country in the planet in a bright daylight..It most difinitly was an orchestrated and preplanned project with tons of little details and complexities to be taken care of and was carried out perhaps remotely or by trained professionals and with an agenda, a massive one...I am sure there are people who have enough evidence to take this to the court but they are too afraid to represent them or are simply bought out or taken out by TPTB.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
hope it is,tired of all the theory's

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
this forum is stupid. 9/11 is one of the biggest and most popular conspiracy theories out there, yet ATS place all these restrictions on who can make threads and who can say what, totally daft and pretty much destroys the purpose of a disscussion board.

Anyone who wants to find proper disscusions on this topic simply go elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join