It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil Unveils 'Robocop' Suit For Super-Elite World Cup Police Unit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
First, there's this ATS thread from 2011 (my apologies if I didn't find others).

Now...

Brazil Unveils 'Robocop' Suit For Super-Elite World Cup Police Unit

Members of a special unit set up for the tournament and the 2016 Olympics in Rio have been given 200 sets of the 22lb “RoboCop” protective equipment, which is flame resistant to up to 427C.

It includes a helmet and vest that protects the back, chest and shoulders, plastic shin pads, a pepper spray mask and a belt for a.40 calibre pistol, stun gun, handcuffs and baton.

I don't even know what to say anymore. If the state needs this kind of gear to protect its protectors from the people they're supposedly protecting...

Forget it. How do people not see what's happening? Sith Lord cops are working crowd control in Brazil now.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Let us all rejoice that Police are now safe from their people!

Hopefully, this is air conditioned....um it is Brazil... otherwise, you could cook an egg on it... and a zipper...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

it is pretty awesome tho you gotta admit. the capabilities that are coming out are near magic. combine those sunglasses with the armor and boom you got yourself a serious little police officer. now lets just hope its all used for the proper reasons.

chances are it will get abused but i doubt to the level that people are afraid of, i figure in order to get the narliest cop in town to nock your door down you probably gotta be the narliest A$$ho%#. lesson learned dont try to be "king of the favela" or whatever and brazil robo cop won't come knock down your shack.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
While that sounds OTT being flame resistant is a really good thing for a riot cop, do you know how often they get petrol bombs thrown at them in riot situations? A lot.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

... i figure in order to get the narliest cop in town to nock your door down you probably gotta be the narliest A$$ho%#. lesson learned dont try to be "king of the favela" or whatever and brazil robo cop won't come knock down your shack.

Soccer fans. We're talking about soccer fans, not the gnarliest badasses around. I understand they can get a bit rowdy sometimes, but this is sheer insanity.

Well-armed-and-armored state sociopaths are everywhere, and that is not "awesome". I can't separate the technology from the intended purpose--brutal mass subjugation.
edit on 5/16/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
While that sounds OTT being flame resistant is a really good thing for a riot cop, do you know how often they get petrol bombs thrown at them in riot situations? A lot.

Firefighters wear flame resistant suits.

They don't look like a cross between Darth Vader and Snake Eyes when they put them on, though.

This is a very deliberate and obvious use of fear and intimidation to coerce compliance. Any government that has to resort to such tactics is despicable and illegitimate.

Hence, their need for the suits.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
History repeats itself ad nausium.

We are just having another round of Dark Knights in Armor.

Eventually, it will get so cumbersome that they won't be able to chase you and they lose some vision and a lot of sound information. Suitable for one job only and low and behold if their position gets overrun. When the citizens strip a few dozen suits off the police it will be back to robo wars.

Looks more like something one would wear to the Mardi Gra. Hello sugar!

That suit does have multiple weak spots. It is more imposing than practical.

P

edit on 16/5/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

... i figure in order to get the narliest cop in town to nock your door down you probably gotta be the narliest A$$ho%#. lesson learned dont try to be "king of the favela" or whatever and brazil robo cop won't come knock down your shack.

Soccer fans. We're talking about soccer fans, not the gnarliest badasses around. I understand they can get a bit rowdy sometimes, but this is sheer insanity.

Well-armed-and-armored state sociopaths are everywhere, and that is not awesome. I can't separate the technology from the intended purpose--brutal mass subjugation.

not at the moment its not the "intended purpose" the intended purpose is to make a police officer all they can be.

have you ever seen what some of these "bad guys" own. and by bad guys i mean (in the example i have seen with my own eyes) people from the hood that handle large amounts of illicit substances for lots of profit.

its not uncommon to find .50 cal sniper rifles or 20mm cannons. I've seen many many fully automatic weapons by the ROOMLOAD. I've been offered guns to buy FULLY AUTO for $200 bucks cash, who knows what it was used in. I've seen a house that was completely armored and raid proofed. the guy said god himself couldnt get to him in there. he even had electronic protections in place that blocked cell phone service at his house. these guys are getting very rich and they spend this money on some pretty crazy stuff. i couldnt imagine being a cop now a days.

this is all being said assuming the cops dont abuse their new toys. every now and then we have a little case of someone doing something stupid but so far its been pretty positive. lots of dumbasses from around my area dont get to see the light of the sun to often any more.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Brazil is not the place to hold such an event.

It will be mayhem there, and clearly the authorities know it too.

Yet they'll still persist with it and pretend that Brazil is safe for visitors...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

this is all being said assuming the cops dont abuse their new toys. every now and then we have a little case of someone doing something stupid but so far its been pretty positive. lots of dumbasses from around my area dont get to see the light of the sun to often any more.

Every now and then? A little case?

Take a look at the news passed along in this forum alone just in the past week.

The "one bad apple" argument is dead. Police militarization and the inevitable resultant brutality is increasing at an alarming rate worldwide. The problem is systemic, and by no means confined to a few isolated incidents.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Every now and then? A little case?

Take a look at the news passed along in this forum alone just in the past week.

The "one bad apple" argument is dead. Police militarization and the inevitable resultant brutality is increasing at an alarming rate worldwide. The problem is systemic, and by no means confined to a few isolated incidents.

the problem is just starting to get alot of coverage and police no longer are invincible, they are being held accountable, I'm trying to find the article about one that just got time for something he did on duty, it was talked about here. when i google it at the moment all that comes up for pages and pages is this upstate NY cop that just got arrested a couple days ago for rape. obviously there is still the good ole boy cop mentality but more and more its getting better and better. life is all one big grey area. nothing is this way or that way its all ways and different ways for different areas.

why would the government need any more control on us than they already have? theres already more people in jail then in high school and a HUGE amount of people on some sort of support program. let alone all the people on prescription pills... and all the people that are deep deep in debt and gotta work to keep their house. and all the people who have kids and try there hardest to take care of them. theres 1000's of ways of control in place already.

INCLUDING keeping everybody afraid for tomorrow. we will see major cities militarize but thats for good reason. if things like agenda 21 are real then everybody will eventually live in a major city but agenda 21 is probably just more fear mongering. an afraid population is an easy population to manipulate.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

They would'nt have been given that by a super secret project who wants to 'trial' it on some poor suckers in some 2nd/3rd world country under actual battle conditions in a high profile event .... would they??

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

By the looks of it a good kick to the balls would sort him out...

All that body Armour and nothing protecting his crown jewels.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

They would'nt have been given that by a super secret project who wants to 'trial' it on some poor suckers in some 2nd/3rd world country under actual battle conditions in a high profile event .... would they??

It's just body armour.

What will body armour do to these poor suckers??

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Wow, its Half Life 2, "pick up that can" come to life.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
shoot for the cradle hip or inner leg heads shots are only video game perfect in large groups disableing the first in entry is usually very catastrophic to the rest of the team if correctly implemented. you cannot armor moving joints effectively I always liked being lighter because of the burden it takes to drag me out of the way of my friends to get the job done

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Firefighters wear flame resistant suits.

They don't look like a cross between Darth Vader and Snake Eyes when they put them on, though.

This is a very deliberate and obvious use of fear and intimidation to coerce compliance. Any government that has to resort to such tactics is despicable and illegitimate.

Hence, their need for the suits.

They also dont hold back violent people who have stones bats and whatever else might be handy at the time.

Just because they look like robocop you want them to go undefended? and let the riot get out of control?

They arnt just beating people up in the street the suit has a purpose.
edit on b0404551 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
How 'welcoming'!

What statement is that 'suit' making about Brazil?

Is it a 'statement' that the Brazilians really and truthfully want to make about their country?

To me it says, Danger, Violent, Angry, Fear, Terror, Pain, Punishment, Lack of Empathy or Understanding, Machine, War, Evil.................

It also says, perhaps it's not wise to go to Brazil?

Something wicked this way comes?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

To me it's their answer to the danger, violence, anger, fear, terror, pain, punishment etc etc..

Here's the current travel advice for Brazil:

We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Brazil because of the high levels of serious and violent crime, particularly in major cities.

Pay close attention to your personal security at all times and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks.

Large-scale protests occurred in many cities throughout Brazil in 2013. Demonstrations can occur at any time and can turn violent with little or no warning. We recommend Australians avoid all demonstrations and protests and monitor local media for information about expected demonstrations.

The incidence of violent crime, including muggings, armed robbery, kidnappings and sexual assault, is significant. See Safety and security: Crime for more information.

Australians planning to attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup should read our World Cup travel bulletin in addition to this travel advice.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So the helmet and vest are fire resistant.

How about the flesh of the cop underneath?

That's the punchline to any joke that starts with "fire resistant gear".

Tanks are plenty fire resistant. You can still be broiled to death inside one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join