It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booby traps in the National Forest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

If one used the right kind of nail and an atv/truck ran over it it would. Did anyone ever think some of these traps may be for the same feds that like to prevent us from enjoying these beautiful places?
edit on 14-5-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Frankly if I did, I just know one day I would forget I put a trap somewhere and set the damn thing off myself...

LMAO, yes "boobies" come in all shapes and sizes, don't they? The trick to that is placing one sided warning indicators facing the direction you are coming from to remind you. The direction the "enemy" comes from they are invisible.

Make drawings, too.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Just not enough force, and that's even assuming the person stepped on the bullet exactly right. More often than not, the act of stepping on it would malign the nail…but even if it hit exactly right, wouldn't be enough to fire the bullet.

Its how you set it. Some details are omitted there and I''m not filling them in. Too many harm happy people out there.

I'm surprised staff is letting this go on actually. Expedient booby trap thread. Who do I hammer down to?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yea that's exactly why I was vague. I think the thread is important though as I had never really heard much about this in national forests. I am glad this was brought to my attention but we should most definitely be mindful of what is being said here as I'd like for not only the thread to stay open but I'd also not like anyone learning how to do any of these despicable things from ATS.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These are some truly nasty uses for human ingenuity & creativity, huh? As an avid hiker, I'm aware that there are more threats out there than bears & rattlesnakes, namely my fellow man. This is on a par with the sickos who attach razor blades to playground equipment.

Here in the US, our federal & state governments are good at using euphemisms to sugar-coat various types of unpleasantness. I wouldn't mind if someone convicted of this type of crime were to be held for "extended observation" (the remainder of their lives), until proving their rehabilitation. I would imagine the only route with a parole board would be to claim that you found God, at which point the parole board, with nasty grins, could say, "Yeah? Prove it!"

S&F; the more people who become aware of this kind of thing, the better it is for all of us outdoor types.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have had many experiences with the BLM in the middle of nowhere they have always be in your face, they would never bother with traps they enjoy the power to much. You are spot on.

I spent many a day riding motorcycles in the California desert as a young man, we ran across several trails with barbed wire stretched across at neck height. Then for giggles they would remove signs that warned of mine shafts when riding off trails. We always had heard it was the Sierra Club because at that time they would cause tons of trouble in the news and were responsible for hundreds of acres blocked off for Fairy Shrimp or a turtle reserve. I seriously rode every weekend for two years mile upon mile and around the fenced area of the turtle reserve and never once saw a turtle.

My group was lucky we never had anyone hurt by these things but did see someone get taken right off their bike when the barbed wire caught him in the chest. The only thing that hurt us was thinking we were invincible. I miss those days, the comradery of riding and camping was special. Now I just cow trail when I get the chance my dual sport spends most days on asphalt.

This topic brought back many memories. Thanks

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory

Holy F*&#in S@!$ that has to be one of the most insidious things I've ever read!!!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
just came across a vid of the construction of a mousetrap firing mechanism for a homemade survival gun
im not going to post it, i'm just mentioning it to illustrate how creativity can make trouble if used with that intent.

all the other parts for a booby trap are already posted through out this thread

and thats not even mentioning what could easily be done with simple electronics and parts
scavenged from a scap pile

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is horrible. To think that people would set up traps on common hiking trails for the sole purpose of harming others is disgusting. Probably the same people who beat there dogs or harm animals for there own sick pleasure. Will definatly make me think twice before hiking trails or wandering the wilderness here in AZ.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Its all good, I guess.. After reflection people should be aware of these kinds of things. It could keep them from initiating one in their travels. Deviants are going to find out anyway, from the internet.

I could google anything I ever once learned… and its all there.

Walk on trails, kick cans and diddy bop through the bush…

edit on 14-5-2014 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The incident wasn't on Pikes Peak... or anywhere near it. Rampart Range area in Pike National Forest. And I wouldn't say that Pikes Peak is best known for racing up the damn thing. Most people know it for simply being able to drive to the top of a 14er instead of hiking it... one of the highest paved roads in North America.

I've actually hiked Pikes Peak from Base to summit and there are some heavily wooded areas, even on the main trails, before the timberline.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I heard of this by pot growers using the National forests for farming. Apparently, the growing usage of the forests is a big problem due to the seculsion...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD Tree huggers will flatten your tires on your truck while you are hunting in the woods. Then there was the person who strung wire across a snowmobile trail. We all no what happened there. Then there are the people who put big rocks right in the middle of curves of ATV trails. Ive had to move more then my share. There is a lot of sick people out there. Been going on quite sometime.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh no!!!
Now we need to stay out of the woods!!
If you are hiking in the woods and you are not paying attention....
You just might get what you deserve.
I have seen much more dangerous things in the woods than a stick with a nail in it.
Just saying.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yup, the a-holes that do this are people who think because they are there that they are the only ones alowed in that territory, same thing is territorial Animals, in which "Animals" is a fitting description. If I found a person doing this type of thing to hurt a fellow human being enjoying our Earth or any furry creature for that matter, I would make them suffer their intended consequence.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have seen rat traps and shot gun shells set up near a still houses before. Some people just do not care about life in any form.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Perhaps these traps were constructed by Squatches. Squatches tired of Bobo and his band of misfits hootin', hollerin' and bangin' on trees while they're just trying to live. The Squatches tried ignoring them but it just didn't work. They've tried warning them by throwing a rock in their general direction but it just didn't work. How much can any species take after repeatedly hearing, "It's getting Squatchy out here." It's not a wonder that the Squatches have resorted to these types of traps to deter Bobo and those like him.

Or, it could always be aliens I suppose.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

Perhaps these traps were constructed by Squatches. Squatches tired of Bobo and his band of misfits hootin', hollerin' and bangin' on trees while they're just trying to live. The Squatches tried ignoring them but it just didn't work. They've tried warning them by throwing a rock in their general direction but it just didn't work. How much can any species take after repeatedly hearing, "It's getting Squatchy out here." It's not a wonder that the Squatches have resorted to these types of traps to deter Bobo and those like him.

Or, it could always be aliens I suppose.

Thats where they got those squatch photos from, when they went into the sporting goods store to buy shotgun shells to use in traps. There was bit of communication problem but at least some got the pics.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Naw, the Squatches steal the shotgun shells from campers and the aliens taught them how to make improvised land mine with them. The aliens don't care for Bobo either as they are friends with the Squatches and don't like to see them upset. Seriously, if Bobo was running around my woods, I'd probably do the same thing.

I think the Squatches are okay with Les Stroud as he is less obnoxious than Bobo and doesn't make as much noise; he just moves about quietly and doesn't make a scene.

Yeah, the Squatches definitely hate Bobo and his band of misfits.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I hope this is not being done by bigfoot researchers. The only reason I bring it up is because of the one occasion I know of where a bigfoot stepped on a board like this, with screws sticking through it. So I just hope people did not see that on television and then decide it would be a good idea for attempting to collect DNA evidence. Considering they were on the trails however, I would think that it would be obvious that flats would be caused...And bigfoot likely don't stick to such trails anyway, so I am probably wrong about the entire idea.

But why would anyone do this to begin with? Just malice? I mean it is not humorous in the least. It is destructive. Some people I guess, right? I don't understand it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join