It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry Unmasked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I assume you mean the "Book of The Law" by Aliester Crowley? I would have figured only the top 5% of Masons would ever get to see such a book, as 95% of all Masons are decieved as to the real truth of Freemasonary.

I guess you know what happens when one assumes, hmm? It's certainly happened here as Crowley's whack-o organization has NOTHING (that's N-O-T-H-I-N-G) to do with Freemasonry, so his so-called "Book of the Law" is not what's being referred to.

95% of Masons don't know the truth about the organization they BELONG TO???? But you DO? How can that be? Please explain...and use some FACTS for a freaking change on this list.

Also, it's FreemasonRY NOT FreemasonAry (note the lack of a second A) at least have SOMETHING accurate in your post. Sheesh!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez
Also the Knights of Columbus is a separate organization from the Catholic Church. Yes you have to be catholic to join (believe it or not I know a Lutheran who joined) but that does not mean we are under the Catholic Church.

Pbrez,

You DO mean a former Lutheran who joined the RCC, right? I mean, it's pretty hard to believe that he could still be a Lutheran and join, since the K of C strictly requires it's membership to be practicing Roman Catholics. If you mean that they're making exceptions for members of similar faiths (Catholic-Lite, if you will) I'd join in a heart-beat. Besides I'm closer to being a Catholic than any Lutheran alive.....I'm an Anglican. :-)

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Also the Knights of Columbus is a separate organization from the Catholic Church. Yes you have to be catholic to join (believe it or not I know a Lutheran who joined) but that does not mean we are under the Catholic Church.

Pbrez,

You DO mean a former Lutheran who joined the RCC, right? I mean, it's pretty hard to believe that he could still be a Lutheran and join, since the K of C strictly requires it's membership to be practicing Roman Catholics. If you mean that they're making exceptions for members of similar faiths (Catholic-Lite, if you will) I'd join in a heart-beat. Besides I'm closer to being a Catholic than any Lutheran alive.....I'm an Anglican. :-)

What happened was he lied on his application (at this time period the knights didn�t require a sponsor). He did go to the RCIA (catechism) and became Catholic later in life. He said he didn�t know the Knights where a catholic organization and it was also the fault of the council. Now a days you cannot get in without a sponsor. I am a sponsor for someone in RCIA and cannot get him into the knights until he completes the course. Now personally it doesn�t bother me that a Lutheran joined. I did once belong to a group called Christian Brothers and the forbid Catholics to join.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
Absolutely correct.

Matters not if the individual is a pedophile Mason, Priest, Kof C or whatever he should be dealt with with the utmost vigour.

Children must be protected at all times.

I agree protect our children no matter what. I dont know about you guys but I keep a look at the sexual offenders list in my county at least once a week. Also I agree any and I mean any pedophile should be prosecuted and sent to prison. There is no excuse from any for that disgusting act.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What happened was he lied on his application (at this time period the knights didn�t require a sponsor). He did go to the RCIA (catechism) and became Catholic later in life. He said he didn�t know the Knights where a catholic organization and it was also the fault of the council. Now a days you cannot get in without a sponsor. I am a sponsor for someone in RCIA and cannot get him into the knights until he completes the course. Now personally it doesn�t bother me that a Lutheran joined. I did once belong to a group called Christian Brothers and the forbid Catholics to join.

That's truly fascinating. I would have thought they'd ALWAYS checked carefully. Seems like someone in the local Parish would have noticed or something.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now its time for Fun with Words! The quote is "A Book of Law" NOT
"THE Book of the Law" - although if you think about it
"The Book of the Law" is Technically "A Book of Law" - I guess it is all up to the Particular Lodge & the Choice of the Paticular Mason being Initiated!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Now its time for Fun with Words! The quote is "A Book of Law" NOT
"THE Book of the Law" - although if you think about it
"The Book of the Law" is Technically "A Book of Law" - I guess it is all up to the Particular Lodge & the Choice of the Paticular Mason being Initiated!

Correct , to be a Mason you must declare taht you believe in a supreme being . In some districts you also have to accept the concept of , resurection and salvation.

So each Lodge has to have a Bible , Torah , Koran all depending on the Faith of the candidate. The written law that governs his Faith.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

That's truly fascinating. I would have thought they'd ALWAYS checked carefully. Seems like someone in the local Parish would have noticed or something.

Well, the screening process isn't perfect. If brothers don't due their duty to ensure the candidate is a practical Catholic, then I could see it happening. Candidates to the Knights don't necessarily have to belong to the Parish that the Council has jurisdiction in. In my instance, I belong to a council that has St. Martin of Tours and Holy Rosary Parishes covered, and yet attend Mary Immaculate Parish. We have members from parishes that don't fall under our jurisdiction. You can be a member of any council you desire.

It would be closer for me to join Ecumenical Council 70, because it's a block away. However I drive 20 min to get to the council I initially started with.

So, what I'm trying to say is, that just because members of the council did not notice him in church, would not be enough to say a candidate is not a practical Catholic. He could belong to any parish in the city.

A non-catholic Christian would not be able to live up many of the promises a Knight makes. The Knights of Columbus have a strong devotion to the Blessed Mother for example. A non-Catholic christian would not be able to hold to this type of devotion. The K of C are also very much pro-life, and all of our ideals and principles are in unison with the Catholic church.

I'm 100% certain, that the two requirements for membership, practical Catholic, and male over 18 will always be such, and will never change.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The Knights of Columbus is a Roman Catholic fraternal organization, named in honor of Christopher Columbus. It is open to membership to Catholic men age 18 and over. It was founded by a Catholic priest, Father Michael J. McGivney in New Haven, Connecticut on February 2, 1882, and incorporated under the laws of Connecticut on March 29, 1882. Though not under direct control by the Roman Catholic Church, the Knights support the Church enthusiastically.

taken from en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I guess you know what happens when one assumes, hmm? It's certainly happened here as Crowley's whack-o organization has NOTHING (that's N-O-T-H-I-N-G) to do with Freemasonry, so his so-called "Book of the Law" is not what's being referred to.

95% of Masons don't know the truth about the organization they BELONG TO???? But you DO? How can that be? Please explain...and use some FACTS for a freaking change on this list.

Also, it's FreemasonRY NOT FreemasonAry (note the lack of a second A) at least have SOMETHING accurate in your post. Sheesh!

Okay sir you asked for it, here is a quote from the forbidden knoledge .com with a slew of info on who Masons truly serve.

-Freemasonry proven to worship Lucifer/Satan

From the Analogy ("The Matrix") page you learned that certain Masonic authors praise Lucifer. And it doesn't stop there. It extends to their symbolism as well. It is important to STRESS that not all Masons worship Lucifer, only the top 5% do.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh come on TgSoe. You can do better than that.

Firstly, you should be aware after being on ATS for so long, that Lucifer and Satan aren't the same character. It's been categorically proven that the reference to Lucifer in the Bible is a spelling/translation mistake. We don't even have to argue about disproving the point that Freemasons worship Satan/Lucifer when he's not even relevant to your argument as you can't even equate one with the other.

And secondly you have also stooped to using a highly suspect website as proof for your argument - an argument that is totally defunct as shown above.

I believe you made a knee-jerk reaction once you were challenged. But you sould have checked your sources first dude. You're wrong and easily proven so.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Okay sir you asked for it, here is a quote from the forbidden knoledge .com with a slew of info on who Masons truly serve.

From the Analogy ("The Matrix") page you learned that certain Masonic authors praise Lucifer. And it doesn't stop there. It extends to their symbolism as well. It is important to STRESS that not all Masons worship Lucifer, only the top 5% do.

I've read alot of Anti-Masonic writings in the past few weeks... and this article makes me wonder just a bit....

I wonder... is this article ineffectual because it uses the same "facts" that all the other Anti-Masonic diatribes use and I'm just jaded to the half-efforts or is the article ineffectual because it is poorly organized and lacks the thread of coherenency that anyone who passed 12th grade English understands?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well if it'son the web it has to be true

Have you looked at any Masonic websites and read what they say there position regarding religion is

If so how have you been able to find out which one is telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Man what do you people not understand about "Mis-Translation". Ok first of all lets see what would happen if YOU had to Translate Hebrew Texts into LATIN & then Into English from there - Plenty of Mistakes I bet!

"Lucifer" was a Reference to the King of Babylon! You can't be Biased -
Pro-Religion & then say one is Good & the other is Bad! People in the SAME RELIGION have been known to Interpret their own "Holy Scriptures" in different ways!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What the hell?!?! TgSoe, I though you were on the way to becoming a Mason. Didn't I see just a week or two ago posts from you raving about "Albert Pike's great book Morals and Dogma" and saying that you were all set to petition? What happened?

I'm confused...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

OK sir, then I respond correctly.....

(ahem)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

(I'd throw in some of those cute little smiley faces, but I think you get the picture....I'm laughing at your idiotic post...in case you wondered)

Ah! Thanks I needed another good laugh. If you come up with any more material PLEASE share it with us. We have a good sense of humour when it comes to such pathetic nonsense.

But, hey! Don't feel bad. MANY have fallen victim to the same such silliness that you're obviously not smart enough to steer clear of.

As for the spelling lesson. No problem...and no charge. U2U me. I'll be glad to give you a lesson in legitimate research as well.

Regards

[edit on 6-12-2004 by senrak]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi

Well if it's on the web it has to be true

Doggone it Bondi! You beat me to that one! I thought *I* was the only one who'd noticed that there are several morons out there who believe EVERYTHING they read!

Thanks!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well lets see try going here:
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

and then here:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

well heck just go here:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

[edit on 6-12-2004 by amike555]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Man what do you people not understand about "Mis-Translation". Ok first of all lets see what would happen if YOU had to Translate Hebrew Texts into LATIN & then Into English from there - Plenty of Mistakes I bet!

"Lucifer" was a Reference to the King of Babylon! You can't be Biased -
Pro-Religion & then say one is Good & the other is Bad! People in the SAME RELIGION have been known to Interpret their own "Holy Scriptures" in different ways!!!

The word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12 presents a minor problem to mainstream Christianity. It becomes a much larger problem to Bible literalists, and becomes a huge obstacle for the claims of Mormonism. John J. Robinson in A Pilgrim's Path, pp. 47-48 explains:
"Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?
The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."
Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

Cambridge Dictionary.
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, the morning star, a fallen rebel archangel, the Devil, from Old English, from Latin, the morning star, from lucifer light-bearing, from luc-, lux light + -fer -ferous -- more at LIGHT
Date: before 12th century
1 -- used as a name of the devil
2 : the planet Venus when appearing as the morning star
3 not capitalized : a friction match having as active substances antimony sulfide and potassium chlorate
- Lu�ci�fe�ri�an /"l�-s&-'fir-E-&n/ adjective

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yup. The Lucifer thing has been done to death.

Poor old Lucifer is guilty by association due to translation error after translation error piling up on each other.
Interestingly, Lucifer is also known as The Morning Star - a name also claimed by Jesus in the New Testament. So it could equally and more honestly be claimed that when anti-masons use the Lucifer argument, they have mistaken Satan for Jesus as there is proof of a link between Lucifer and Jesus whereas there is no proof of a link between Lucifer and Satan.

The Lucifer argument has to be one of the most popular, yet the most tedious to defend against when used by those who wish to tie in Satan with Freemasonry. Lucifer has been associated with Satan through centuries of ignorance and acceptance of error.
People should read the Bible and understand it before they use it as a weapon against others.

Still, it's an uphill struggle. Eve then dictionary definition that you have given contains the error, Bill.
The fallen angel/Morning Star definition is a throwback to the same error.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Leveller]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join