It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian TV Production Crew Captures on Film Two UFOs in Queenstown, New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
A crew filming the Australian tv show "Colour In Your Life" captured 2 objects moving across the sky at what looks like incredible speeds.

They are saying on their facebook page that it was moving to fast to be birds or military planes.

www.facebook.com...

Crew members of an Australian TV production has captured on film the sighting of two UFOs swiftly flying over Queenstown, New Zealand. The Australian TV production crew was in New Zealand to film for the seventh season of "Colour In Your Life" series.

Producer and presenter Graeme Stevenson together with director Sophia Stacey were filming the show's opening sequence last April 3 in Queenstown, New Zealand. The appearance of the two mysterious objects were noticed when the filming team started to review the edited footage.

"Colour In Your Life" has issued a press release on Monday, May 12, to explain the captured UFO sighting. The press release in the Open Minds UFO News and Investigations report reads: "In the past week, when editing of the episode was complete Graeme noticed something strange in a wide shot - two objects travelling from left to right of the screen at great speed. When the images were slowed to a frame by frame sequence you could see the shapes emerge from the trees and move across the sky, eventually disappearing."

au.ibtimes.com...

Im sure ats will figure it out.

Sorry if already posted

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Looks exactly like birds would.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

It does look like birds but this is what they say on their facebook.

With birds suggested as the possible explanation to the UFO sighting, "Colour In Your Life" further commented on Facebook discussing the speed of the objects spotted. "From the trees to where I was on the bike is about a half a kilometer , if you look at the speed in real time that means that if it were birds they would have accelerated to about 4,000 kilometers an hour in one second," the "Colour In Your Life" crew posted on Facebook.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

They are UFOs. And they are fast, very fast.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Does not help much but here it is blown up.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
assuming there was no video editing/cg added that is moving quite fast, dont know of any birds that jam through the air like that..

anyhow around 10-11 seconds if u watch the left side of the video closely (bottom left below the motorcycle) it looks to me like a splice or some sort of momentary pause. i'm not a video editor at all so if anyone with actual experience in that field could comment on this it would be outstanding!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
seriously that guy on facebook claimed that the trees in the background are half a kilometer away. OK how tall are those trees then 150 feet. He's saying those trees are 1,200 feet away? OK. You could fit a whole aircraft carrier in between those trees and the bike? he sure?

How bout those are birds. if you pause on the slow motion version of the film right as it starts you can see the birds come into frame by the side of the road and are low to the ground. The bike probably scared them. They are not coming from the trees in the background and are probably doing less than 40 MPH not 4000.

For these guys to say its a ufo is totally disingenuous.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

Here's a few more, plus some bugs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Look like birds, but may be bugs.

They are a lot closer to the camera than the shot suggests, I would expect.

They didnt come from the trees, they probably came from the road verge.

The noisy Motorcycle probably spooked them.

This is only the 1000000th video showing birds or bugs caught flying close to a camera...
With the obligatory....."I didnt see them when I was filming."
Did they see the ants crawling on their shoes too?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm 100% sure that I see wings flapping, just like a birds wings would.

But I agree, they are flying really fast. Wonder if it has anything to do with the perspective?

And they indeed appear from the trees.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

If its bugs, then please tell me why we can see the bugs appear from the trees?

Then its super big bugs.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak
assuming there was no video editing/cg added that is moving quite fast, dont know of any birds that jam through the air like that..

anyhow around 10-11 seconds if u watch the left side of the video closely (bottom left below the motorcycle) it looks to me like a splice or some sort of momentary pause. i'm not a video editor at all so if anyone with actual experience in that field could comment on this it would be outstanding!

Yep, my thinking too. The trees seem to jump a teeny fraction, as does the lighting of the shade between the trees. Would indicate some tampering. I call fake. Just my opinion though.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

My thought was hummingbirds. On some of the still frames you can even see the reflections of the shiny wings.

They only seem to come from beyond the trees because they are lost in the contrast.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when such an opinion borders on ridiculousness you gotta wonder what is wrong with the person offering his or her opinion. Obviously, to say that the objects are birds shows that the person offering such a ridiculous observation should seek help, toot suite! Such a person cannot tell us what kind of birds fly ultra-fast as these objects are because such a person could not possibly know as such knowledge just has to be beyond their ken. The only other aerial creature capable of such speeds are the often vilified "rods" and these objects are not long as some rods have been shown to be.

Birds! You gotta be kidding!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Looks exactly like a bird or bug flying in front. Distance (where the birds come from) is impossible to tell in this footage. Do they have to be birds? No. Are birds 100% consistent though? Yes.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

For these guys to say its a ufo is totally disingenuous.

For you to say it's not UFO's is even more disingenuous, after all ther are unidentified, they are flying an they are objects. Oh wait, you think UFO means alien spacecraft don't you...?

Just like a lot of UFO clips, there's nothing that proves anything here, ah well...

...next!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It's duck shooting season in New Zealand. I wouldn't be surprised if they were supercharged ducks...or insects perhaps, we have a few here....there's so far been no report on any other NZ media, so once again it's just aussies (intentional lower case) trying to negate our natural beauty and claim the limelight (remember the underarm incident, bad sportsmanship and winning at all costs)...

Nope, not an alien spaceship, just a normal, everyday UFO.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

So you didn't click the link I shared then?

Seems people here have been trying to help people's open their minds up to the possibility of it being birds for years, yet some remain ridiculously closed minded.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Unidentified Flying Bugs imho

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
They are not coming from the trees, it just looks that way because they are hard to see except when they are against the sky.

Is it a prerequisite of being a UFO fan to have zero understanding of perspective? I do wonder sometimes!

Uggielicious
The only other aerial creature capable of such speeds are the often vilified "rods"

"Rods", also known as "insects". Perspective fail, again.

Edit... OK, I'm now looking at the video on a proper screen, and sure enough you can see the objects well in front of the trees.

Here's a rough and ready GIF showing that one of the "UFOs" is clearly visible in front of the trees.

If you can't spot it, here it is ringed in the second frame of that GIF:

After I made that GIF I also spotted it earlier on in front of the tall tree to the left of that one:

----------------

By the way here is the bridge where the footage was shot, on Google Maps.

The tall trees are indeed about half a kilometre from the camera (I make it about 580 metres to the nearest ones) but that is totally irrelevant, because the objects are nowhere near the trees! If I had to guess I would say they are flying roughly above the bridge railings or a little way beyond.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join