It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs for January 20th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I for one will be marching but I can't decide what kind of sign I should use...I mean I have so many ideas. I have done a number of signs (i am a graphic designer) but don't know which is best, I will post pictures of them later tonight.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or wanted to share what signs they would be making & bringing. I welcome all ideas (PRO & ANTI BUSH), but I will only be taking into consideration ANTI-BUSH signs for my own use. If you would like to share your idea, but don't want anyone to use it, just say so.

This topic is not to tell people not to march or why they should, we all have our reasons, which is why I won't attack Pro-Bush marchers on Inaguration Day, because they have their reasons, just please don't provoke me or else I will debate you into the ground.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And do you think you will actually get within a 5 mile radius of the President? Dont take this the wrong way, I am NOT a Bush supporter, and If I could be there, I would probably hold a sign with you, but where are you going to protest at that will allow your voice to be heard? Im afraid that if you get to close and voice your opinions to loudly, we might have another RNC concentration camp fiasco agian. Just be careful

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
how about this one....

"while I didn't vote for you President Bush and I don't agree with the war in Iraq and some or most of your other policies and beliefs, you are our elected leader and therefor, I hope that you will do your best for America and all of our interests abroad. I will pray for you Mr. President, to have the wisdom to make the correct decisions and for your safety while in office and after you're out of office, as I'm a kind and gentle human being with compassion for my fellow man. Good luck Mr. President and God bless."

Now there's a sign !!!

[edit] this is not my sign, this is a suggestion for a sign that the author of this thread may use....

[edit on 29-11-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
```

that GOD HELP US sign should be sufficient...

~~~

It may well be that enough time has passed (since 26 July '04)
when this 'blurb, meme' was incorporated into Al Martins' message
*see the link* and has been forgotten, dismissed, passed over...

but to my 'minds-eye' the little known factoid is growing in importance,
considering the whirlwind of activities surrounding this administration-regime, the middle east, axis of evil, et al...

see this link
~~~
~~~scroll past article #1, about 200 words~~

____________________________to this lengthly article by:

Al Martin
I Got a Bad Feeling July 26

[...](1st paragraph...)

...For instance, there was a surprise announcement from Clear Channel Communications, (which they refused to elaborate on), that Clear Channel Communications will not take any pre-sales of advertisement for the month of January.

Then another announcement by Sinclair Broadcasting said the same thing---that Sinclair wouldn't take any advertisement for the month of January either.

What does that tell you? The only time this has happened before, by the way, was in October 1962, around the time of the Cuban missle crisis, when the White House told the networks not to accept any further advertising because the government may invoke its emergency power to commandeer the Nations' broadcasters. That's the only time it has happened before.

[...about another 15 paragraphs & other NWO memes interlaced....]

&$$

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If you watch the beginning of Michael Moore's movie, he brings to light that Bush's limo was pelted with eggs on it's way to the inaugartion last time so, obviously protesters got that close and it is possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

we might have another RNC concentration camp fiasco agian.

Oohh...how many remember that one? Pics of soccer moms all with their hands in zip ties... Man, that made me just....

Clever trick by the photographer too....He snapped the pics with his digital camera, quickly removed the data stick, and then stuck it in his sock, as they soon seized his camera....

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
If you watch the beginning of Michael Moore's movie, he brings to light that Bush's limo was pelted with eggs on it's way to the inaugartion last time so, obviously protesters got that close and it is possible.

Ah I remember that world, It was pre-September 11th wasn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wish I could support the president, but then I'm supporting what the terrorists want to destroy. We have to insist to the world that all though half of Americans (that voted at least)support BUsh, while the other half (again that voted) do not. We are not all hypocritical dictators.....aaagh, there I go, letting this forum become what I didn't want it to become

Anywho, thanks for the posts so far, I'm getting some fresh ideas and I must say that I seriously doubt that we will be able to get as close as those did during the 2000 inaguration, because September 11th gave them a reason to take away our rights. A few of my friends had suggested camping out, but I don't know if I can do that, I mean it's fricking 28 degrees here right now, and my hate doesn't run that deep.

Keep on posting

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
whats Jan. 20th???

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My favorite sign ever was about 4 feet high, and 5 feet wide and flourescent orange. In huge foot high black letters in all caps was the phrase:

BUSH: A
MOTHER
F ER

....only the original sign was spelled out completely.

Simple, noticeable, and you couldn't misunderstand the sign-owners feelings on that one.

This was at an anti-war rally on the National Mall beginning at the Washington Monument, going around the White House, and back to the Mall.

Mod Edit: Removed image with profanity.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How about: I SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION. Followed by a W in a red circle with a red line through it.

Heh--that's my idea for a bumper sticker! That and DON'T BLAME ME--I VOTED FOR PEROUTKA!

Of course, we have these things called free-speech zones and don't be surprised if some FBI dude harasses you. As Badnarik pointed out during the third-party debate, a free-speech zone is anywhere you stand!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
CLICK HERE to see the sign that I made a while back.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think we should have ATS folks meet up and protest together. I live in the area and will be there as well, but I also think there is a need for some sort of respectful protesting until things get out of hand and protesting no longer is allowed.

Maybe something that promotes the site AND protests Bush. Although out of fairness, I think Pro-Bush folks should come too.

We are a sort of family, with sorted views no doubt, but a happy little group never-the-less.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
whats the point?

holding a sign that says god help us wont accomplish a thing.

this brings me back to a time when i was in a local comic shop and saw a shirt that says "quit yer bitching and start a revolution"

everyone there is just whining. thats all. boo hoo john freaking kerry didnt get elected. OMG!

stop whining, stop protesting, and start a revolution if you want change.

there is no real reason to whine this time cause shub won the electorial AND popular vote. this is not 2000. just suck it up and move on. 4 years ait that long.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't believe in marches and protesting...I think most people today do it for something to do. When I see film of this on the news...they are always smiling and laughing and it comes off like they are trying to copy something out of the 60s. I am not for Dubya, didn't vote for him. I will support the troops that go and are there, but my boys are not going to die for him! Either way, Protesting does nothing at this point. Back in the day it may of had a purpose in spreading a new and different idea, such as woman's right etc....but now days in our informational world, we all know there are others that feel different about this war, it's nothing new and nothing that no one doesn't know, read about or hear about on daily basis. It's pointless thing to do. It will change absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I hope there are huge amounts of people protesting. I love watching clips of protesters! I gives me such a satisfying feeling. It's like watching Jerry Springer, it makes you feel better because your lives are so much better than theirs.

Protesting hurts the democrats. Normal people look at it as a freak show. Just like they looked at Michael Moore as a freak. Most people do not want to be associated with freaks, and they voted accordingly.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, I'm not a Democrat. I voted third party. I liked neither Bush nor Kerry.

I got this thing in the mail from America First Party (they supported the Constitution Party's candidate, Michael Peroutka--I'm a CP member), and they say, "Republicans deliver what Democrats promise." Yep, they do!
Which is why I voted third party!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I hope there are huge amounts of people protesting. I love watching clips of protesters! I gives me such a satisfying feeling. It's like watching Jerry Springer, it makes you feel better because your lives are so much better than theirs.

Protesting hurts the democrats. Normal people look at it as a freak show. Just like they looked at Michael Moore as a freak. Most people do not want to be associated with freaks, and they voted accordingly.

Are you for America, or for gloating for no good reason? I am fundamentally against the Democratic stance, but can see no reason NOT to partake in free speech. Leave it to the conservatives to make speaking your mind (despite the method) into a freak show. Gay pride parades are not the standard for protesting friend.

If voting was all there was to changing America (or revolution as someone else suggested), then we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

There is something to be said for tasteful protest (which I agree, many protesters have gone the way of ignorance). I have never protested physically to anything, but as I live right outside Washington, I will most likely be there in opposition to Bush (sign or not).

Again, I don't see the point of the pompous attitude, mainly because even if you are better than other people, you ceased to be the moment you thought you were.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Are you for America, or for gloating for no good reason? I am fundamentally against the Democratic stance, but can see no reason NOT to partake in free speech. Leave it to the conservatives to make speaking your mind (despite the method) into a freak show. Gay pride parades are not the standard for protesting friend.

If voting was all there was to changing America (or revolution as someone else suggested), then we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

There is something to be said for tasteful protest (which I agree, many protesters have gone the way of ignorance). I have never protested physically to anything, but as I live right outside Washington, I will most likely be there in opposition to Bush (sign or not).

Again, I don't see the point of the pompous attitude, mainly because even if you are better than other people, you ceased to be the moment you thought you were.

You did notice that I was encouraging protesters? I am for it 100%!

I did my protesting at the ballot box! If John Kerry would have been elected, you would not see too many Republicans taking to the streets.
Liberals are just angry people, and to see that many angry people getting together is just hilarious to me! It is mocked and made fun of all across the nation. It does nothing to help, and all it does it hurt their image.

For the last 4 weeks I have seen nothing but crying democrats, and I get extreme satisfaction from it!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
You did notice that I was encouraging protesters? I am for it 100%!

Yes I did, and thank you for bestowing, what I believe to be, a superficial personality and viewpoint on us all. A Pro vote because you think you'll get some sort of masturbatory satisfaction from the opposition firmly places you in the anti-"deny ignorance" category my friend, and speaks volumes as to your objectivity.

I did my protesting at the ballot box! If John Kerry would have been elected, you would not see too many Republicans taking to the streets.

As did I when I voted Libertarian. Trust that if Kerry had been elected, I would have protested that guy too. He is only marginally worse than Bush is. You've got to give it to the DNC though; they give a good run to a marginal candidate through nothing but good product marketing and propaganda.

Liberals are just angry people, and to see that many angry people getting together is just hilarious to me! It is mocked and made fun of all across the nation. It does nothing to help, and all it does it hurt their image.

Well, under that same premise, conservatives (which I am one) must be just tickled to see the heathens lose like mush under God's boot heel.

I mean really, there are many conservatives who are angry that we have a president, chosen for side issues and religion (which his "no litmus test" meant nothing to those folks).

For the last 4 weeks I have seen nothing but crying democrats, and I get extreme satisfaction from it!

If you don't know what is damaging this country, then there is little hope for you, since you've been here for a while.

Try NOT pushing your agenda, and have some reasonable conversation once and a while.

It'd be a nice change of pace from you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join