It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man city v Liverpool who will lift the Premiership trophy today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Looks like Own Goals on form today

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well it was a thrilling roller coaster of a season and despite wanting Liverpool to lift the title I must congratulate Manchester City on their win. Kompany, Toure and Aguero (when fit) have been exceptional as part of a powerhouse of a team. They probably should have wrapped it all up sooner. Pellegrini has also acted with dignity unlike certain managers we could mention.

I know some fans ignore England and only support 'their club' and that's fine. But I'm now looking forward to the World Cup in Brazil (the spiritual home of the game). It's going to be tough for England and I think we'll do well to get out of the group but if you love football then it's also a great chance to see some of the yet to be superstars of the global game emerge. There will also be a few surprising and magical moments you'll remember forever as it only comes around every 4 years.

Roll on Brazil 2014...........

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just got back from work and I will try and find at least the highlights.

oh and

Also great team pool coming back from 1 nil down they are our main rivals next season.
hope it is as good as this one

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Very true pity it is on late at night.
Who do you think will win? by bet the argies

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

lol

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I remember a couple of seasons ago everyone telling me how our mercenary's will never be a team....I lol now.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes some games are on at 1:00 AM UK time but I will catch up with them all.

Now there is the old theory that a South American team always wins in South America. So Brazil and Argentina would look like good bets. However Messi has never really done it at a World Cup and Brazil may feel the pressure of the home crowd expectancy.

The last South American World Cup was 1978 in Argentina and before that it was Chile 1962, Brazil 1950 and Uruguay was probably before anyone on this board was born. There haven't been that many and only one in colour on TV!

Times have changed and most top class players ply their trade in Europe these days. Now we have much improved sports science and tactics and stats can be analyzed on tablet computer. So it could be time for a European team to win. Although I think Belgium have the talent they will probably fall short. Portugal may get a bit of local support being the colonial founders of modern Brazil. Mexico as Olympic champions may go far if they can get out the same group as Brazil? Maybe this time the Netherlands will finally be able to not fall apart. But usually a previous winner is winner is a safe bet.

I think Spain's dominance is drawing to a close, Italy I am not sure about nor France, but we should never write off the Germans...........

By the way do we do a thread on the World Cup? I wasn't on here for the last one in South Africa.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh we will but we will get the usual from the USAers saying it aint a real sport blah blah blah.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh we will but we will get the usual from the USAers saying it aint a real sport blah blah blah.

Yeah well... they can't understand what Football is for us in Europe (or around the world).

Btw, I shared the vid you posted of the amazing old man, and although we over here are Fans of totally different clubs, the respect for his loyalty is universal - regardles of fan colours or even nations borders. (mockery is still an important part of the game of course!!)

Oh, and congrats...

See you in Brazil, England!
edit on 13-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: checkitagain