It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Democrats Setting Up for a 2016 Biden/Warren Ticket?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That would be better than a Clinton Ticket. Very powerful and probably a very high percentage chance of winning.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Regardless as to whom runs on the GOP side and the DNC side, it should prove interesting.

Because look at what the next president will inherit.

An economy that's been in the toilet for almost a decade.
Huge debt.
High unemployment.
Piss-poor foreign policies, Afghanistan a waste, Iraq in tatters, Iran with a nuke, Russia making moves, China making moves(?), an EU that doesn't trust America and is imploding.
Gun laws
Drones
NDAA
Patriot Act

Who in the hell would WANT to run?

Unless it is to complete the destruction of America that Bush and Obama started.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Geeze Beezzer... With happy thoughts like that, we may need to conscript people to serve in the job this time around.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Are Democrats Setting Up for a 2016 Biden/Warren Ticket?

I sure hope so.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Geeze Beezzer... With happy thoughts like that, we may need to conscript people to serve in the job this time around.

Oh no!

There are people who WANT to run!

What is their motivation for running?

Has anyone asked those that ARE considering a run?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That makes me think of the scene in Indiana Jones where the assassin protecting the Holy Grail asks him a straight question about his intentions. 'Do you seek it for your glory, or for His'?

A similar question applies here I suppose and the answer is one I think we know. It sure isn't for our glory they seek the top job. The glory of America is a side benefit at best and a true annoyance to some, I fear.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This thread is about Biden and Warren.

What will they bring?

Re-signing the Patriot Act.
Further erosion of liberties; gun control, drones
Higher taxes

Just Obama v2.0
(Or Bush v3.0)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Whomever it is, they need to drive gas prices down. That's one of the main things effecting the economy. No more Bush and no more Clintons. We need some fresh meat. We need Ron Paul.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What will they bring?

Higher taxes

Just Obama v2.0
(Or Bush v3.0)

Well, it's about the extremely unlikely event they actually have a ticket together and carry beyond the primaries..but I take your point.

Biden brings the role of Court Jester over the last years as V.P. and his endless line of bungled statements, bad judgement and outright blunders will showcase his entire race to the loss, if they actually put him up front.

What he'd BRING? Think Jimmy Carter with far less intelligence. Carter was naive, not stupid, as anyone can see by his military background and specialty of service. Biden would represent something worse than George W. Bush. Weakness to be RULED..not to rule with..by anyone around him who is stronger.

If by some million to one shot that all actually happened and won? We might as well just refer to the real power as Madame President Warren, with a Co-President of Biden for moral support. I honestly have no respect for Biden in thinking he could ever function as more. He's never shown the mental horsepower and shown the opposite so often, I can't even take the suggestion of him running very seriously.

Who knows tho... I didn't take Obama seriously either. I even voted him for the '08 primary to vote-block Clinton. Oooo...was that a mistake I've lived to regret.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Whomever it is, they need to drive gas prices down. That's one of the main things effecting the economy. No more Bush and no more Clintons. We need some fresh meat. We need Ron Paul.

It's the energy companies and bankers that actually select the next president.

Usually on some private country club in Orange County California. Sometime in the Hamptons....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I doubt it. There's a lot of popular talk on social media about Elizabeth Warren running... a lot of people want her to run. She has stated she isn't going to and I think that's the right decision, even though there's been a surge over the past few years of people that normally vote Democrat feeling the party no longer represents them, it's not enough to count on.

If Bernie Sanders were to run and I really think he might (sadly I doubt he will win) he can keep this conversation heading in the right direction. I can see Warren as his running mate and I'm on the fence if that would be good or bad for her.

I feel pretty confident that Hillary will be our next President and that sucks but another 4 years of a crappy neo-con in the oval office might well be the push Left that Warren can use in 2020.

As far as Biden goes, he's better IMO than Obama... better at debate, but horrible at wooing the masses and he's not as good as Hillary in debate... as much as I don't like her I absolutely love to watch her argue, she's a master. Hillary is also completely untouched by Benghazi, I don't mean to make heads explode (well maybe I do) but it's 100% true, Republicans would be wise to let it go... whether she deserves to get off scot-free or not, she is.

Biden's political career is over, I hope he realizes that and turns truth teller when he's out.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Will taxes go up with democrats winning the election?

Will unemployment increase if the democrats win the election?

Will the foreign policy be any different with the democrats winning the election?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What will they bring?

Higher taxes

Just Obama v2.0
(Or Bush v3.0)

I don't think Sanders or Warren would re-sign the Patriot Act or the NDAA, I don't think gun control is on either of their agenda's. I think either would cut back the drone program. Any other potential candidate D or R will. Not that it really matters because both houses will.

Higher taxes? Cost of living is going to keep going up at steep rate, whether it's taxes or something else. All the Democrats are behind taxing the rich at a higher rate... Sanders and Warren are best at explaining why. Another issue that won't matter because any tax rise on the rich will fail in both houses.

And unemployment is out of governments hand entirely now, the only employment issue either house will touch is raising the minimum wage or abolishing it.
edit on 5/11/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Heya Beez.. I just wandered back to share something which may be useful.

Joe Biden - Political Positions and Issue Statements

Elizabeth Warren - Political Positions and Issue Statements

That site pretty well carries everyone and tracks them all. I wouldn't call it entirely unbiased since there is more chosen to reflect well on each (this is common across the names, not just these two) but it does have several points to each of these which are less than helpful to them. For instance, in a lower section they have a specific area for "Trouble Spots", and that highlights some of Joe's more pressing P.R. problems to face with the nation as a whole.

If nothing else, 2016 will be interesting. Of course, I'm still looking and watching 2014 but we'll get there before we know it, no doubt.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just read your links. . thanks, by the way.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The democrats will lose this election no matter what (short of wide scale voter fraud), this administration has done a great job of ensuring that. However, it does concern me this may just be TPTB funneling votes to their next appointed ruler

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's going to be Hilary vs. Bush. U guys have to realize that the nomination process is rigged by the parties, so u can never get an outsider.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

I hate to say it, but I might bookmark this thread in case you're right in the end.

Clinton vs. Bush - The Rematch! (All Rights Reserved!
). Hmm.. Can I get 'none of the above'? Ever?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Biden VS Rand Paul now that would be fun to watch

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I hope so. Oh how I hope Biden runs. Hell, I might even vote for that ticket, because after four years of THAT, following eight years of utter failure from the current administration, you might not see another Democrat elected for a generation. That would be some short term pain for a long term benefit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join