It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to fight climate change? go vegan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Hmmm, food consumption vs eradication of a race of people

appeal to emotion. animals killed for food consumption is far, FAR greater than the amount of animals killed by hitler.
Sorry, I am out of patience for trolls today.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
and what is nature? you still haven't explained. does it include rape and murder? that's what happens between non-human animals.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob Sholtz
So out of millions of athletes out there, you found ten that are vegan. Congratulations.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

a reply to: TKDRL

Moments after apparently carrying more weight than anyone ever before, German strongman Patrik Baboumian let out a roar and a couple seemingly unlikely words: “Vegan power.”

www.thestar.com...

These nine vegetarian athletes rose to the top of the sports world — without any help from meat.

www.mnn.com...
9 athletes? This is your 'proof'? 9 FRIGGING ATHLETES?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

and what is nature? you still haven't explained. does it include rape and murder? that's what happens between non-human animals.
Im done with your trolling. You have proven that you have no interest in a real conversation, no interest in speaking truthfully, and that you lack the intellect to know the difference between opinion and fact.

I simply dont have the patience.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
facts, not trolling. over 10 billion animals per year. hitler didn't come close, yet you appealed to emotion with your wording. here, i'll do exactly the opposite to make the issue clear:

"hitler removed a few obstacles that threatened to make germany unstable; but comparing that to the wholesale bloody slaughter of 10 billion a year?....how dare you. hitler fought for the natural order in germany and you compare it to the wholesale slaughter of billions?"

*the above is completely satirical in an effort to make a point*

do you now see the problem with your statement?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's not really worth it. Most times, these vegans and green folks are living in the city. They point their crooked fingers at others, while living and partaking in the most resource sucking, big brother loving, pollution spewing, unnatural concrete jungle environments; acting like they are enlightened.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Again, feeding people versus genocide.

You are the ONLY one who thinks this is a valid comparison, and, again, I am done with your trolling.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

So out of millions of athletes out there, you found ten that are vegan. Congratulations.

oh yes, *just* 10 athletes. the worlds strongest man, and 9 of the greatest athletes sports has ever seen. yup, just your run of the mill 10 athletes. no biggie.

do you HONESTLY not see the difference? your claim was that someone eating vegan couldn't be active, and nothing could be farther from the truth.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Again, feeding people versus genocide.

again, establishing a productive country versus wholesale slaughter.

appeal to emotion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

More lies. Lets look at some of your list of "9 of the greatest athletes sports has ever seen"

Tony Larussa: well below average baseball player
Robert Parish: Decent player, was never even the best on his team, let alone his generation
Prince Fielder: Have a look at his stats over the last couple of years. He is one of the worst first basemen in baseball right now.
Two women tennis players: hardly examples of the best athletes in the world

Gee...that list shrinks really quick when actually examined....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just ten, out of millions. Yes, not a very good number. Lets see, number one picture, a runner. Well yeah, plant eaters are usually good at running away from the carnivores eh?

Picture number two, a quarterback, another run away from danger type guy. Not a big football fan I admit bias.

Picture number three, woman I think? Tennis? Yeah, not really my kinda sport either I admit.

Picture number four, not even an athlete really, a baseball manager. Yeah, really active I am sure.

Picture number five, a basketball player, yeah, not a basketball fan at all, I have no idea who that is.

Picture number six, a baseball player, is he any good? I don't know, baseball is a wimpy sport, and was boring as hell to play, let alone watch. Maybe he is a great one.

Picture number seven, good god, an emaciated bicyclist, I am sure he is really manly. Is bicycling really considered a sport these days?

Another tennis player, yay.

And football.

Sorry, these people are not the cream of the crop in my eye, even if they were top of their "sports", I will have to take your word for it I guess.

To be honest, sports really mean crap to me. Can any of those people grow or catch their own food? Can they build their own houses? The people that are feeding those herbivores are all meat eaters. Without meat eating, they would be dead as well

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Wow... LaRussa, fatass Fielder, and Parish "greatest athletes sports has ever seen?" According to the same individuals who made that assertation the following must also hold true:
*No athlete has ever displayed the wide range of waist bending motion Bill Buckner possessed.
*Manute Bol was a physical specimen who would have been the envy of the mighty Sampson.
*Daro Ypremian had amazing field vision and an uncanny knack for always knowing where he was on the field.
*Tony Mandarich was the prototype all other linemen will be judged by.
*John Kruk was proof that baseball players and impressive physiques go hand-in-hand.
*Morganna the kissing bandit was flat chested.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Veganism is right for some, but not for others. Due to celiacs, food intolerance's, and allergies, my diet would be literally reduced to amaranth and cucumbers if I went vegan. That is a bit of an exaggeration, but very close to the truth.

I do my part, I am anti factory farming and do not consume animal products from factory farms. I know where my meat and dairy comes from and how the animals were treated.

Vegans aren't going to convince people to stop eating meat who don't want to, so why don't you focus on getting people to be more mindful of where they get their meat. You would make a lot more progress towards your goal and do more for the animals than you would telling people, to quit eating meat.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Age 61 in this picture... there are a ton of them listed here. If you really had any interest
www.greatveganathletes.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Pages and pages of them here...really I think you are not interested in a valid point.
www.greatveganathletes.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I do my part, I am anti factory farming and do not consume animal products from factory farms. I know where my meat and dairy comes from and how the animals were treated.

That is really great, I wish everyone would do those things, for themselves and for the animals.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Great. Who cares though? Idiots attacking people like me who get sick when not eating meat are doing what? Are they gonna volunteer to take care of me when I get sick again? I doubt it. Showing me a minority of athletes that make it being vegan is not doing nothing for me. 5/6 nutritionists say I need to consume meat so sustain life, I listened to the one moron and got sick. Oh I can eat this, that and the other to get even more and better protein. What a crock. I can eat meat once a day and be healthy, or eat 5 times more organics and still be sick. I know what I am choosing.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I need to consume meat so sustain life, I listened to the one moron and got sick.

I personally meant no attack more defense than attack, I am used to having to defend, now I see you feel that also.
So it seems your position is heart wise you would drop eating meat since you did try. So that tells me you care either about what is in the animals or about the animals or some such.

No one can tell any of us what we need to do. I remember a vega woman once told me, when i explained why i couldn't be on..she said when you are ready you will do what you feel is right. No pressure, no lecture and my reasons were really dumb ones, like one was my husband would have a problem with it.

Well it was years later my husband who is a butch...came home and said he wanted to stop eating meat. We stopped that very day many years ago.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I go back and forth between vegetarianism and eating meat, sort of like the ebb & flow of the tides -- it comes and goes. I get bored with or tired of meat from time to time, and sub with beans. And that gets real old, real fast. I know beans are supposedly the next best thing to meats for protein, but you're going to have one hell of a time forcing me to eat them on a regular basis because I find the vast majority of them purely revolting (I don't even like them in chili) Red kidney beans are about the only ones I can tolerate & call edible, and that's a short-lived deal. Another source that I find revolting is nuts. I will not eat peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc, be it in whole form, or a butter form. They are disgusting to me. Probably about as disgusting to me as meat is to a true vegetarian/vegan. Seeds are a great source, but anything beyond sunflower seeds gets extremely costly quickly, and tofu is caught up in the GMO controversy (plus there isn't much you can do with the texture. Kind of a one trick pony there for people with texture issues) Chia, quinoa, hempseed meal, etc are also good in theory buy holy god they are expensive to those of us on budgets O.O

Actually, most vegetarian substitutes beyond eggs & dairy products are cost ineffective. It would be nice if this cost problem could be addressed in some form so more people could afford the alternatives, but I very highly doubt it. Other than ideological drum pummeling & dietary shaming, there doesn't appear to be much going on to make these foodstuffs more available to those who otherwise cannot afford it. Hell, there are vegans/vegetarians who cannot even afford what they eat. I know one technically below the poverty line trying to live as vegan. She's not in good health by any means. To me, it's becoming more apparent that this eating variant is becoming more like a Luis Vuitton purse --- plenty of imitations, but not many can afford the real thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join