It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia - 1,000 Lashes/10 Year Sentence For Editor Who Discussed Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: combatmaster

I said it that way on purpose.
I don't believe 'GOD' would approve of the religious rules of law that we are seeing.
So I say 'thank you God' for not making me live under religious rule.

It pretty clear Jesus did not want Christians to be any part of the political system.

so your right, he wants Christians as far removed as possible.

Christians did not exist when Jesus was alive!

Actually, they did exist. They were a small cult. Offshoot of Judaism.
Might not have been very large, but then again neither was Heavens Gate.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: the owlbear

How much more entrenched do we need to be?

When I get flogged and beheaded for daring not to bow and pray to Mecca.
When my daughters are forced to wear a burka.
That's how entrenched you will need to be.

Good thing you're around now instead of three hundred years ago...
If a witch floats, it's the devil's work. If they sink they die a good Christian.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I don't believe 'GOD' would approve of the religious rules of law that we are seeing.

It pretty clear Jesus did not want Christians to be any part of the political system.

The term 'christian' was not in use then - it comes from the greek word Christos, and i dont believe Jesus was crucified in Greece. 'notzri' (one who comes from Nazereth), was the term used for the followers of Jesus using hebrew/aramaic language.

So you see, Christians did not exist. Jesus' followers did exist, but had no classification as 'Christian religion' yet, only a cult following, as you said!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I see almost no posts in this thread that try to have an open mind, or that try to understand why things are the way they are. Almost all the posts judge. That in combination with the response to my thread about fornication makes me feel that this forum is very similar to David Icke forum; i.e. the people on here represent a very limited section of human opinions and it's not healthy to spend too much time on here. As I've said before I'm growing out of the truth movement...
edit on 06531Sat, 10 May 2014 02:06:25 -0500201425pAmerica/Chicago2014-05-10T02:06:25-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
How any human being can treat others like that is just barbaric. The people are tortured and killed for no reason. How can they get away with that? What is wrong with people? How can they be so brainwashed into thinking such things are acceptable?

The US still has a death penalty.
1 in 5 is later found not guilty.

hey, how many innocents are put to death in SA?

none, i'd guess. same with china.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The term 'christian' was not in use then - it comes from the greek word Christos, and i dont believe Jesus was crucified in Greece. 'notzri' (one who comes from Nazereth), was the term used for the followers of Jesus using hebrew/aramaic language.

So you see, Christians did not exist. Jesus' followers did exist, but had no classification as 'Christian religion' yet, only a cult following, as you said!

"christian" was a pejorative.

it means "little christs"

not sure when it came on line.

hey! imagine being the whip guy?

"ok, whip this dude."

"ok, what we lookin at?"

"1000 lashes"

"say what?!!" "i want overtime!"

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Tolerant bunch, those Muslims.

I can't wait for them to become firmly entrenched in the US so that we can have their version of peace.

Not.
Yes, being intolerant appears to be at the core of what Sunni Islam is all about. That is also known as being conservative. The opposite is liberalism.

Quite interesting to take a look at the word tolerant in a thesaurus in this context:

synonyms:

forgiving
humane
lenient
liberal
permissive
progressive
receptive
sympathetic
advanced
benevolent
big
broad
broad-minded
catholic
charitable
clement
complaisant
condoning
easy on
easy with
excusing
fair
forbearing
free and easy
indulgent
kindhearted
lax
long-suffering
magnanimous
merciful
patient
radical
soft
sophisticated
understanding
unprejudiced
wide

antonyms:

conservative
intolerant
mean
merciless
unfriendly
unsympathetic
biased
disapproving
narrow-minded
prejudiced

Sunni Islamic philosophy is very similar to Nazi philosophy. They want to cut off rotten fruit before the rot spreads to the whole basket and makes all the apples inedible.

Think of a teenager that doesn't do his homework and instead sits at his computer playing games all day and all night. He has developed an addiction. The Sunni Muslim and the Nazi are like the parent that goes in there, grabs the computer and locks it in the basement. Liberalism/Western philosophy is like the parent that lets the teenager do whatever he wants to. That might lead to his grades being bad and him having a very rough time in the future. But he'll learn a lesson from his own mistakes. I understand both sides. The Sunni Muslim and the Nazi are in their own view acting right, morally and out of love. The liberalism that has grown with examples such as the Age of Enlightenment and the Protestant Reformation has in my view led to the scientific and industrial revolutions. It is a manifestation of the ego. The surveillance and political correctness etc. that everyone on this forum is so up in arms about is in my view the natural progression of this liberalism. I believe that we are heading towards 1984/Brave New World. The Muslims and the Nazis try to stop that development, and most people on this forum are very similar. (Which is somewhat of a paradox since people here at the same time defend liberalism. I see the same paradoxical ideas in Sunni Muslims but manifesting in other ways.) This is where liberalism leads, and in my view where the spiritual evolution inevitably leads:

"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty."
Plato

Feminism and all the other aspects of liberalism lead to families weakening, moral declining, and everyone becoming depressed, lonely and miserable in every way.

But I view all the depression, paranoia and all the other darkness, oppression and evil that we are heading into as a blessing. These things are in my view enlightening people spiritually. They kindle a true spiritual desire. So I believe evil=ego=corruption=enlightenment.
edit on 16531Sat, 10 May 2014 05:16:05 -0500201405pAmerica/Chicago2014-05-10T05:16:05-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Saudi Blogger Wife Says Inhumane Sentence Proves Kingdom Brutality

The sentencing of a prominent Saudi blogger to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes for insulting Islam shows the Kingdom is run by radical Islamists who leave no room for dissent, his wife told FoxNews.com.

Raif Badawi, co-founder of the “Saudi Arabian Liberals” website and a well-known thinker and blogger, has been accused of writing anti-Islamic discourse online. His wife, who fled the nation two years ago and now lives near Montreal, said Badawi is “paying the price” for believing in freedom of expression.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Those are 72 gay virgins, right?? (Only speking to their strict intolerance of everyone but themselves)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join