It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cop shoots 93 year old woman to death- justified?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I also like how quick the media jumps on race, remember, divide and conquer.

Your comment raises several very interesting "What if ..." questions in my mind.

What if the cop wasn't white or the crazy lady black? Would this have even been a story?
What if only black cops responded to black crime scenes?
What if the proportion of cops had to match, by percentage, the ethnicity of residents in the serviced community?

These are truly innocent questions on my part. I find racial divide an amusing subject. I know there are a lot of folks who think it's the largest looming question in the world. But, it really does make me laugh at times. The only time I find it not to be laughable, is when I have to let someone go because they're too immature to be part of the community.

The same issues exist relative to gender, but we somehow manage to get along (exceptions being notable). The race thingy ... seems to be somewhat a preference to become disagreeable over. Said it before ... I'm not the brightest bulb you can find for the socket. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Do note: I've been in an interracial marriage for the past 30 years ... and my kids complain about being perceived as Asian in America and white in Asia (smh).

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: silverking
a reply to: candlestick

She almost dead even if this event didn't happen anyway.

Wow! What a seriously disgusting thing to say....
and you got stars for that comment. Unbelievable

It's not a one off either....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The growing lack of empathy amongst us humans is a wee bit disconcerting to say the least.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: benrl

I also like how quick the media jumps on race, remember, divide and conquer.

Your comment raises several very interesting "What if ..." questions in my mind.

What if the cop wasn't white or the crazy lady black? Would this have even been a story?
What if only black cops responded to black crime scenes?
What if the proportion of cops had to match, by percentage, the ethnicity of residents in the serviced community?

These are truly innocent questions on my part. I find racial divide an amusing subject. I know there are a lot of folks who think it's the largest looming question in the world. But, it really does make me laugh at times. The only time I find it not to be laughable, is when I have to let someone go because they're too immature to be part of the community.

The same issues exist relative to gender, but we somehow manage to get along (exceptions being notable). The race thingy ... seems to be somewhat a preference to become disagreeable over. Said it before ... I'm not the brightest bulb you can find for the socket. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Do note: I've been in an interracial marriage for the past 30 years ... and my kids complain about being perceived as Asian in America and white in Asia (smh).

As someone, who has lost a friend to excessive force, if you would like I could point you to the threads.

I am more than willing to point the finger at cops, but theres one point that is to be made.

YOU do not wield a hand gun unless you wish to take a life, I don't care who you are, what race, what age, You pick it up YOU take it seriously.

Just like getting behind the wheel, their is a responsibility that comes with doing that level of harm.

Ill go a step further, AS a Hispanic, it may not be right, it may be a gross injustice and unfair, but I was always raised with one thought, A cop will shoot you with any provocation.

IF you are armed, best action is face down on the pavement spread eagle, its one of your only chances of survival in this day and age, and you better pray there is someone recording.

AS a firm believer in the 2nd amendment, its a clear cut case, you point a gun at a family member, unless they are threatening you something is wrong the situation and has already reached levels where lives are in danger.

They where already trying to get the car away from her, she was a threat, a threat that ended in a Tragedy.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So, not just a bad day then. It's extremely perplexing to me how some people have absolutely no regard or respect for human life. Just toss it with the trash where it belongs. No need to be concerned with the most amazing and complex things in the universe such as life.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Suspect suicide by police .. as the way the situation is described as unfolding he did everything according to proper procedure for the scenario ..

With the way things are going over there. may see an increase in such cases where a person commits suicide by police .. been several cases of it happening in past..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: silverking

Nope. Not just a bad day. There are quite a few more instances. It still confuses me as well so don't feel bad. It seems to me that more people only concerning themselves with what is happening in their own little bubble are popping up every day. Just when you think you've seen it all.... someone comes along and tops it.

All you can do is shake your head.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sounds fairly justified to me.

Crazy old lady with a revolver?

I dont blame the cops for that one at all.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unrealised
What ever happened to stun-guns and pepper spray?

I think these have vanished ... obviously.

Stun gun? If a woman is waving a gun around, with her finger on the trigger, and an electrical current passes through her body, what do you think her finger is going to do?

Drr drr drr.

If you pepper spray an already irate woman in the face, don't you think she might get more angry? Doesn't take away the danger of the situation. It adds to it.

You people on your side of the argument are delusional. Good thing you're not a cop. You'd be dead.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Wow
WTF America????
Another day another unbelievable headline..
You really do seem to be turning into a police state, slowly but surely.

That may be true. But in this case, it was completely justified. No wrongdoing here.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why does this happen every week in the US? It doesn’t seem to happen anywhere as much as any other Western country. There’s surely better ways to handle situations than to just kill the person and be done with it. Look into other options. Even a tranquilliser or something.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A rubber bullet would of been suffice!!

93y old for god sake, have American citizens no shame at all about guns?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
NO. THIS IS NOT OKAY. C'mon ATS! get your collective head out of your ass!! Wtf is wrong with some of you posters and your comments??

Since when does owning a gun on ones own property equate to death by execution??? She wa a 95 year old woman! I GARUNTEE you she had alzheimers or another brain degenerating desease....

Before you say, 'she was waving her gun around' ummmmm no. Stop right there. Tasers. Pepper Spray. Batons. That is why these things were invented, he could have tazed her ONE time and subdued her with handcuffs.

INSTEAD, the pigdog leo SHOOTS TO KILL the old woman not once but 5 times. It takes one shot to wound, it takes a very horrible shot 5 shots to kill apparently.

To all of you who say this is okay, no, go get bent. Leave America we do not need more sheep we need more people ready to stand up to the junta execution squad.

If that was my grandma I wouldve tackled her myself never called the pigs.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Also, I would like to say I agree with benrl's points. In this day and age you should assume the police will kill you and you should immediately comply knowing that. I'll give ya that one for sure.

Best thing to do is lay face down arms spready problem is a favorite LEO tactic is to climb on the back and suffocate with the knees. Been there. Done that.

Also, can somebody (ATS overlords or smart member ) please tell me why I am unable to post in the Posse Commitatus forum? what are the requirements?
edit on 8-5-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

And this is why cops can get away with this....

You really have no problem with a cop shooting a 90+ year old women 5 times??
How many times did he tell her to drop the gun? Is he sure she heard him?
Did she point the gun at anyone?
To say it was completly justified is a stretch, yes by the letter of the law it may have been. But it is not so black and white, or at least it shouldn't be....

This talk about, if you don't want the cops to kill you then just get down on your face is BS
That is NOT the american way, cops should not have that type of power over people
THAT IS NOT THEIR JOB!!!
They are PEACE officers!!!!!
They ARE NOT SS soliders, well that is the way they are going, meant to make every one scared of them
You should never be scared of the police, where is the protecting and serving there??

Notice how the ATS cops are staying away from this
edit on thThu, 08 May 2014 12:30:46 -0500America/Chicago520144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Stun gun? If a woman is waving a gun around, with her finger on the trigger, and an electrical current passes through her body, what do you think her finger is going to do?

Are you sure she had her finger on the trigger????
Is she was just waving it around how are you so sure she had her finger ready to go?
And tasers do not make you fire 100% of the time if you have the finger on the trigger ... drr drr drrr

Pepper spray would have worked as well... Have you seen some one get sprayed? Usually they drop what is their hands and cover their face, it is a natural reaction to pain.
This lady was 93 years old, jesus

People on this side are no delusional, the ones saying just do what the cops say so you don't get shot are.
The ones that are ok with the cop being the judge jury and executioner are.
The ones that are ok with cops taking the right of due procress from people are
That is a cops job, to arrest and take you into see the judge, not to kill you
If cops get to be called "heros" then they need to start making some sacrifice, not just killing everyone that doesn't listen to them and might be a threat to them....

We are simply asking why the peace officer could not handle this situation more peacefully.
They have non leathal procedures for a reason. It is no just to waste their time and money

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This was just an excuse for the pigs to kill another person. They don't care if you are old, unarmed, blind, disabled, running away, mentally disabled or what...if you appear to disobey them they will kill you.

I remember a time when the police would try to keep you alive...talk you down, use non-lethal force. When they would talk to you first before they arrested and beat you. I remember a time when a peaceful protest, might get you arrested but you wouldn't be pepper sprayed first. Those times are long gone. The militarized police force of the united states of america is trained for two things and two things only. To beat you into a coma and kill you.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We have entered an age of many lazy and violent police who are not held accountable for their actions. Do what I say immediately or get shot, many times. It used to not be this bad.

"I commanded him verbally to stop and he didn't so it shot". He was deaf.
"I saw him reach into the truck bed and saw something long. So I shot". It was the old man's cane he needed for standing.
"He exited the vehicle and ran away from us down the street. We shot him in the back to stop him." Why chase on foot when you can just shot the man.
"we got all hype up in swat mode to serve a warrant. We force our way in and shoot an old lady or kid." When you raid the wrong house, people inside just might be a bit confused. There is a house numbering system.
"We are not entering the gang infested neighborhoods, It's dangerous." We noticed.

edit on 5/8/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

For ONCE I will go with the police on this.

She was brandishing a deadly weapon and was even warned.

This is what armed police are for and would have happened in the UK too.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Cause a 93 year old women couldn't have not heard the warning...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You really have no problem with a cop shooting a 90+ year old women 5 times??

She had a gun.

A gun will kill if its fired by a 21 year old or a 120 year old.

As for those saying shot to wound? A wounded person can still shot back.

Pepper spray? Tazers? Again its no sure thing.

If you illegally wave a gun around don't complain if someone shots you back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join