It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Mans Sales Counter in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is no article, just a video. I gotta say that i wonder wat the end game is for Japan? How long until we have cyborgs like ASH in the first Alien movie?

Here are some lines from the movie: www.imdb.com...

Link for the robot:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Part of the reason for the push for automation and robotics in Japan, comes from a lack of labor.

Population growth is stagnant and it will soon face an out numbered Working class vs Retired people.

So Things like service industry jobs, and Robot Nurses will be huge there.

I remember when I worked Cell sales, their were reports of a vending machine that essentially did every I did in my job, of course, it was much more passive in the process. So Who knows how well the numbers vs a worker would be, but my bet the ensuing salary savings made up for anything that lacked in the machines sales.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Part of the reason for the push for automation and robotics in Japan, comes from a lack of labor.

Population growth is stagnant and it will soon face an out numbered Working class vs Retired people.

So Things like service industry jobs, and Robot Nurses will be huge there.

I remember when I worked Cell sales, their were reports of a vending machine that essentially did every I did in my job, of course, it was much more passive in the process. So Who knows how well the numbers vs a worker would be, but my bet the ensuing salary savings made up for anything that lacked in the machines sales.

Hmm.m. That puts things in perspective. What about Robots that aren't service industry types? Robot performers, and such...?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I suppose the phrase "uncanny valley" does not translate that well into Japanese.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Hmm.m. That puts things in perspective. What about Robots that aren't service industry types? Robot performers, and such...?

Advancements in one field leads to advancements in others, it would stand to reason once its been introduced into the culture.

They already have that Digital Idol over there, a singer that is a CGI character.

Its only a mater of time, especially if there is a demand based on a need.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

what puzzles me is if they have this lack of labour how did they end up with a plentiful supply of homeless to clean up fukashima :/ they should be training these people and giving them jobs instead of taking advantage.

Aside from my off topic grumblings I'm glad the japanese are at least trying to make use of robots in a non-DARPA fashion.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Japanese faces a far greater problem, and swtiching to robots will only increase that.

There is a huge problem growing in Japan that well, Japanese don't consummate anymore.

This is a very interesting documentary about the Japanese sex culture. Or lack of.

Edit : For the sensitive people: You don't see any sex, its a documentary. It's just oddly timed to see that screen cap.
For the not sensitive people: You don't see any sex.

They prefer to work before love. The females are simply not interested in kids anymore. And the Men are to spoiled to want regular sex.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago507uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

Japanese faces a far greater problem, and swtiching to robots will only increase that.

There is a huge problem growing in Japan that well, Japanese don't consummate anymore.

How is that any different than

Stagnant growth

characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement: a stagnant economy.
inactive, sluggish, or dull.

So if you didn't know , Population growth happens by copulation.

Just didn't feel this was the thread to go into great detail on how the Japanese are refusing to breed, didn't seek to derail it.

But since you brought it up, THE LARGEST part of the problem is the Japanese view of Females in the work place.

It runs toward the "if your married you don't work", So women are choosing to be in the work force for independence reasons (who can blame them) so as not to be trapped as a house wife forever with no choice other than to be a mother and wife.
edit on 7-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Awesome. At least the robot is humanlike.

new topics

top topics

join