It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing video of Tornado in Tupelo Mississippi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow wow wow! How scary was that!!! The trees fell like they were toothpicks.

I agree with one of the posters above, the safest place seems to be under a slide.

What concerns me are those cars still driving by when a tornado is approaching....don't people know cars get blown away like toys by tornadoes???

Thanks for sharing!!

These storms intrigue me like nothing else in nature. I admit to having an
almost self-destructive Helent Hunt gene when it comes to EF2's or worse.
That Palm Sunday '65 Oak Lawn job rated an F4, but the high school was
pretty much gone.
That was a distinct doubleheader (two big cones on the ground) --- and a
super quality snapshot on the Sun-Times front page of an Opel wagon with
its brake lights ON and the rear end strangely elevated. Y'think?

Hell Hoover. Hope he had time to turn around, but I doubt it. He was
probably hockey puckerage a half minute later.

Meaning that most people don't know what a McDonalds straw feels like
when it's inserted into your scalp at 200+ MPH.
I can imagine it'd sting plenty....
edit on 7-5-2014 by derfreebie because: I must be full, I can't fit in the window properly

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you for that footage and the later remarked indestructible
camera, F&S! Even though the debris churning around outside didn't
look that deadly; it was probably because I for sure (including some
motorists ?) were in shock.
Tell ya one thing, those Methodists know how to anchor a slide.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Yeah i was thinking about that. Maybe they were newly planted tress that had not taken root properly yet. There must have been something a miss as they just fell like dominoes.

nothing amiss.... that is what commonly happens in a tornado even though the playground was intact. trees bend and snap.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Wow wow wow! How scary was that!!! The trees fell like they were toothpicks.

I agree with one of the posters above, the safest place seems to be under a slide.

What concerns me are those cars still driving by when a tornado is approaching....don't people know cars get blown away like toys by tornadoes???

Thanks for sharing!!

yes, i think most people do know that cars get blown away like toys but what are they supposed to do? they can't wiggle their nose and magically transport to a safe place. unless you are right next to a concrete parking garage there's not much you can do other than keep driving and hope for the best.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: Watcher777

Makes me wonder if tornadoes are really that destructive or 90% of America is just badly constructed.

To be fair it didnt even pull off the drain pipe or guttering from the building.

There can be multiple vortex's inside the cone or funnel of a tornado. I think that is why somethings get wiped out while others are left unscathed. Usually right next to each other.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Most people, unfortunately, just aren't weather aware. In a place where tornados do happen, there is usually plenty of warning.. and anyone with any sense would not be on the highway. But some people just don't care, or are too oblivious to know that they are driving into a tornado.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Like we said in the olden days....Like ...Far Out man!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Growing up in the Midwest I experienced several tornadoes... the closest one jumped (luckily) over our house and I remember looking up into the funnel, seeing lightning playing around the sides and debris of some heft being whipped around like a blender... truly awesome phenomena that gives one respect for the weight of the air around us we are usually oblivious to.

Though a tad graphic and sad, this story illustrates their power... but my Uncle took shelter from an F5 (strongest cat) in the storm shelter of a church... he held the door open and was reaching for the hand of a nun who was struggling to get in with him and she was lifted off the ground and sliced in half by a piece of aluminum siding before disappearing up into the vortex. Poor guy had survived WW2 and the Battle of the Bulge, but had the worst PTSD from that ... nightmares.

Anyway, tornadoes are cool as heck to watch from a safe distance, but the weird dark green atmosphere and incredible, growing freight train sound can make any denizen of tornado alley sweat a little.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join