It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Currency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Another one of the Bible's seemingly endless prophecies is being unraveled as we speak. A new report has stated that the value of a dollar compared to the Euro is at an all time low. With one major economical disaster a one world currency is all but inevitable. Not only will the world then want a one world currency it will want a one world government and then a one world leader (the anti-christ). This act is yet another sign of the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think that a One World Currency will manifest a One World Government. Quite possibly a One World Treasurer linked to a One World Bank owned by a...hmm...

Maybe youre right.

On the bright side, Currency coversion companies would go out of business and stop ripping me off when I convert from Pound to Euro. It seems like a good trade off to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its a good trade off if you're a christian. We'll be off of this planet sooner than later hopefully. A new technology is coming about that I reccomend that you do not take part of. If this comes about sometime in the future, the government may implant a chip into your hand or head so there will be no need for money. Im not sayin it will happen just it could. My opinion on it is that it is the mark of the antichrist (Revelation13:16-18)

[edit on 28-11-2004 by DirtyWater33]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The one world currency is "the Mark".

I would like to see that happen. For various reasons I couldn't change out my Deutschmarks in time and under the Euro regime they are valueless, LOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Another one of the Bible's seemingly endless prophecies is being unraveled as we speak. A new report has stated that the value of a dollar compared to the Euro is at an all time low.

The fall of the dollar was prophesized in the Bible? Can you provide a reference?

With one major economical disaster a one world currency is all but inevitable.

Could you explain your reasoning, and also where you took your economics degree? Actually, many have argued for years that there already is a world currency - the US dollar. There are is more US cash circulating outside the US than in, and of course a preponderance of world trade is settled in US dollars.

Not only will the world then want a one world currency it will want a one world government and then a one world leader (the anti-christ). This act is yet another sign of the end of the world.

I don't think this sequence is a given. Again, could you explain your reasoning? I guess I'll have to take your word for the end of the world part.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We should abolish all National currency's and value rate existing cash hordes to a standard credit.

Remember science fiction is only non-fiction that has yet to happen..... Since man has created it in thought, so shall it be... some day....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I would like to see that happen. For various reasons I couldn't change out my Deutschmarks in time and under the Euro regime they are valueless, LOL

The Landesbanken convert it for free for an will continue for an unlimited amount of time.

BTT:
I do not see a one world currency coming in a nearer future. It is impossible. The Euro works for the EU but the whole world is not the european union. Maybe a currency for all Industrialized States would work but then again you can always stick to the old system.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye

The fall of the dollar was prophesized in the Bible? Can you provide a reference?

I do not think the reference is to the fall of the dollar, just that some see because of it, there will be a One World currency. I would Like a link to the Begining of the Post though.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think first we will see more Unions like the EU perhaps a North American Union a Pacific Union ect.. That will leave the majority of the world using 3 forms of Currency then the change over to a single currency will be all the more easier.

Then make way for the World Credit

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It would be really great to have one world currency, but I agree that it cant happen until there are more unions, then the unions will merge, etc until one is left. The hardest part will be integrating the third world. What good is a dollar to a goat farmer in Africa?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think first we will see more Unions like the EU perhaps a North American Union a Pacific Union ect.

I can see that as being a strong possibility over the next 100 years.

That will leave the majority of the world using 3 forms of Currency then the change over to a single currency will be all the more easier.

Again I can see that happening, but I think that will be a long time coming. For instance, within the EU, more than one currency is still used and the EU has been around for a while now. I think we will see more unions a long time before we will see a major consolidation of currencies.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
“What about the world? What will happen? Mainly because of the political constraints, the fact that countries will want to do their own thing, I don't really see a world currency any time soon. I don't think it's feasible. I don't really see how the adjustment burdens could be coordinated, or that there is a willingness to do that.” Maurice Obstfeld professor of economics at the University of California at Berkeley

The majority thinking behind the prophecy of Daniel's 70th week is that when the EU reached ten nations (now they have 25) they would in fact control the world economically within the next 10 years. This of course is not possible. The three dominant currencies is the Dollar, Yen, and Euro. I see the Yen and Yuan merging. The russians will merge with the EU. Before the United States merges with the EU many political and cultural changes would have to be embraced for this to happen, specifically cultural on the part of corporations and the senate. Also currenly language is a barrier. No empire in history successfully assimilates without embracing language (more than one) within it's culture. Not to mention the mere fact of our constitution would require amendment.

"One world, one currency" could exist in a dictatorship or a world empire, but I couldn't imagine a world democracy with a single currency. I couldn't imagine that system." Robert Mundell who is the father of optimum currency areas and has written extensively on the history of the international monetary system and played a significant role in the founding of the euro.

When theorists speak of the beast coming to power or anti-christ they are speaking of a time that does not yet exist on this planet nor will for some time.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As the resident businessman (currently a student, Bachelor of International Business) I have quite a bit to say about this discussion, even though ironically I despise business with a cold-hearted passion (but that's another story, I'm afraid).

First, a one-world currency would effectively result in a one-world government - if not immediately, then soon after such a hypothetical amalgamation. This is simply because everything relies on money, and that includes things like politics and defence. When you have one currency (and by assumption, free trade), boundaries between governments will begin to smear because of the free flow of resources (factors of production).

Second, a few things about vincere7's post. Hmm...yuan and the yen would not merge any time soon, because China and Japan are very very different. As different as two countries could be, except for some basic language and cultural overlaps. As well, they don't particularly like each other. The Japanese economy is now locked in what seems to be perpetual stagnation (due to stubborness to change, mostly), and China is in a remarkable (and potentially globally catastrophic) run-away economic growth.

As for Russia and the EU, that's a very interesting question! I once asked a professor that myself. The answer I got is that the world right now would never allow Russia to enter the EU, because that would make the Union far too powerful, upsetting whatever global balance we have left.

The interesting thing about a world currency is that it would make capitalism as we know it obsolete. We rely on a complicated system of currency differences and tariffs for trade. Some currencies are weaker than others, and this balances out the trade (import/export) balance in the world. With one currency, you would have a global free trade area, making this system obsolete. It's very unlikely such a system could work with current population levels (too high) and production levels (too low).

Indeed, one world currency is unlikely to exist in the world we're living in right now. One thing that would result in one world currency and make it viable is a global catastrophe, whether climatological or human-induced. Both of these possibilities seem more likely every passing day. I think, either way, by the time we have a one-world currency, terms like "EU" and "yen" will be studied by historians rather than economists.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think first we will see more Unions like the EU perhaps a North American Union a Pacific Union ect.. That will leave the majority of the world using 3 forms of Currency then the change over to a single currency will be all the more easier.

I think this is the more likely scernario, I can see regions joining under one currency like the EU, even though i can see this crush the economies of much smaller nations. One good thing that might come of this though is the start of diminishing boarders around the world. Yes each region of land would have their own culture but each region would be ran by one government. I think this is more likely than the NWO theory. Even though each union goverment would have huge amount of power and probably be more corrupt than governments today.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The merging of Yen and Yuan or locked exchange rates is not my personal assumption and in no way did I attempt to sell this as anything that would happen soon, but rather these are the thoughts of experts in the field, professors, not amateurs who pretend to drag out their high wisdom. These are the theories of men Such as Professor Mundell who was part of forming global economies while you were probably in diapers. And before you attack the "theory" just note that Mundell is partly responsible for putting the Euro into action, which many said, "nice theory," thirty years ago. If China does not merge with Japan they will merge with the U.S. in the future as we are her biggest trading partner. I think the choice of Japan according to the lines of Mundell and other "experts" in the field are more accurate.

The fact of the matter is there won't be a one world currency and anyone who pushes that nonsense lives in a fantasy realm. There will be Currency Areas where a nation controls a section of the globe currency wise, but will the Dollar merge with the Euro? Absolutely not. Even if it did there would be no reason to ASSUME the United States of America would delegate the role of government based on a financial overhaul to a foreign soverign. To make such a statement shows the lack of understanding not only of law and government but culture in general. Paper and coin will not exist before any merger of the sort took place.

The whole argument of the Euro is for proving that the beast or anti-christ will emerge quickly (within the next ten/ twenty years) and is a false theory as we can clearly see economically this isn't possible.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The one world currency is not necessarily the mark. It's true that without the mark you can't buy or sell, and it could be the one world currency, but there's no surety in that.

And the European Union is almost like a microsm of the One World Government that we will eventually see...one currency, one constitution, one parliament, etc. It is an unprecedented union of nations that is most likely the forerunner to the One World Government.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's already here and it is called the dbit/c redit card accepted practically anywhere in the world..............regardless of that countries monetary unit....

[edit on 3-1-2008 by QUEST-ion]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye

"Into the streets they will throw their very silver, and an abhorrent
thing their own gold will become. Neither their silver nor their gold
will be able to deliver them in the day of God's fury." Ezekiel 7:19

"Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the
day of God's fury." Zephaniah 1:18

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Wow,

Here we are in 2008 - end of September, and the global economy looks like it will be taking a pretty big hit.

The one thing that I have always thought (I'm not an economist, so this is my elementary view) that there would have to be a MAJOR, GLOBAL economic crisis for the prophecies about the one world government and the ability for one man to step up and have power over the entire world. There is no way under the economy of the past 100 years that a single person would ever be able to get enough power to control every country.

However, with the developments in the financial markets the last week or so, this is the start of the economic atmosphere that I believe will allow for a single man to provide a solution that the entire world will marvel at and accept. That man will be the anti-christ. Is this the economic crisis that will usher him in? No one but the Father knows, but it has me thinking.... and watching!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Those at the tip of the rotten pyramid would be crazy to even think about implementing something like a one world currency..

It is just beyond reach for them now, they're busy fighting for their existence these days

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join